Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default A former 3FC success -- Now I can't get it together!

Some of you may remember me -- back in 06/07 I lost 110 pounds, with the help of a lot of lovely 3FC folks and a LOT of running! I changed my life completely, and as quickly as I lost the weight, I got pregnant! I'd been trying for a long time, so I was happy about that. I gained nearly 80 pounds with the pregnancy, however, and I just can't seem to get it together to get rid of the weight. I have around 65 pounds to lose to get back to my original goal weight of 165. I'm still nursing my son, who's now 14 months old (I can't believe how the time has flown and how I still don't have the weight off!) and the nursing still makes me hungry, but I hate to pin it on that because there are many other reasons I'm eating too much. I rejoined the YMCA but I don't go that often, and running is difficult with my son here with me (he hates the jogging stroller). Also, even though I once did a half marathon, I can barely do two miles now, so that's discouraging!

Anyway, here I am (AGAIN) trying to get it back together, so I'll probably be here from time to time looking for support, and I hope to support others as well. I really want to get back into those size 8 and 10 clothes that I got to wear for about five minutes back in 2007!! I'd love to have these 65 pounds gone by next October 3, which is 11 months from now. (I originally hit my goal on 10/3/07). I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, but I don't want to keep letting things slide either.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

back!

You CAN do this. You need a different approach, and new strategies for exercise and eating than the last time around.

But, you absolutely CAN do this! Keep tweaking your plan until you find what works for you NOW.

You are on your way back to 165. And you WILL do this!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I actually was thinking about folks who had been really successful here who weren't around anymore, wondering how they were doing and you crossed my mind. Congratulations on the baby! It's discouraging to have to lose the weight again (I'm on my millionth time), but you can do it. Just think about how great it will be to set a good example for your son with regard to healthy living. Welcome back!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey LisaMarie
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wowser, 110 lbs lost!! freakin' awesome. congrats on the new baby.

hang in there, I'm sure you'll be able to do it again, you obviously know what it takes.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Does the Y have drop in babysitting. They did when my kids were little. And don't be discouraged about only being able to do 2 miles. Where did you start the last time you began. I bet you didn't run at all before you started. I know I didn't.

Congrats on deciding to start making the change again. You did it before I am positive you can do it again!!
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Welcome back...MA!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well hello there! I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were...

14 months? Wow, time goes fast doesn't it?

LisaMarie, you know EXACTLY what needs to be done. You know it. Now you just have to DECIDE to do it. Decide to do it. Commit to do it. And get the job done. Do it now. What are you waiting for? The longer you wait, the harder it gets. So get committed, get excited, get into it, get determined, get pumped, get moving, get planning, get going, just get, get, get.

Remember what we've both said. If I can do it, anyone can do it. So you more then anyone KNOWS that it's possible, regardless of the circumstances. Weight loss is a doable thing for anyone and everyone. So get out there and do it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #10  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back! My youngest is 15 months, and now I'm on another baby break myself.

Does your Y have a Childwatch? I use the one at our Y, it's usually $3 an hour, a little less if you buy a 25 hour punch card. I drop my kiddos off in there during my karate class if DH is working and they all have a great time playing, even my little one.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm new myself (6 weeks) and I know that being able to go to 3FC every day and night helps me to get through yet another day.

You can do it. I once lost 130lbs with three kids 5,7,9 and no hubby, who was out to sea. Just say you will do it for one day. That's the hardest; the first day.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 11-02-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I found it very hard to lose pregnancy weight from my first (I had other pregnancies after which I guess didn't help though ) - she's 10 now and I still have 7lb of pregnancy weight from her to lose!

You've done it before though so you can do it again
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

hiya!
my son is 2 and i am still trying to lose the baby weight. you have done it before, and as a pp said, its just gonna be different this time, because you have extra concerns. i know how hard it is to try and be a good mom and try to make time for yourself.
my son also had huge problems being in the stroller! we figured it out by changing the toys he had in there, or timing my walk for nap time, changing the route and letting him get out of the stroller for a while in the middle.

i really hope you figure it out soon, it is a challenge, but nothing is impossible! you can do this, just make that commitment!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #14  
No description available.

Welcome back, Lisa!! You know what to do! Are you coaching XC this year? I'm sure you're busy with the baby. I know it can be hard to not exercise the way you want to. When I have barriers to exercise, I try to focus on the 80% food/ 20% exercise theory about weight loss. Even if I lack time to exercise, I still control the food---which is 80% of it! I have 100% total faith in you!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #15  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suezeeque View Post
I'm new myself (6 weeks) and I know that being able to go to 3FC every day and night helps me to get through yet another day.

You can do it. I once lost 130lbs with three kids 5,7,9 and no hubby, who was out to sea. Just say you will do it for one day. That's the hardest; the first day.
I so agree with this. Don't start off with "I need to lose 65lbs", start with, "I'm going to stick to plan today". Then plan to do it again tomorrow. One day at a time.

You did this before, you can do it again! First - stop eating your son's left overs - you know you do!!!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote