Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #1  
Blogger: Watergirl1

S/C/G: 206/194/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Water only! No alcohol, juice, tea, coffee etc

Hi everyone, I have decided to tweak my diet slightly and cut out all beverages other than water, to see if this makes a difference to my weight loss. I have been drinking just water for 6 days now (it's harder than it sounds, believe me!) and I'm writing a blog about my experience. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!! xx
LittleMissScoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'd never in a million years be able to give up tea and coffee, though I drink mine plain with no sugar or sweetener of any kind, so it is totally non-caloric and does not make me retain water. Alcohol however, was much easier than I ever imagined to give up, and I was seriously a heavy drinker. It is SOOOO awesome to wake up every morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but since I have totally quit drinking, my waist has never been as small as it is now, even after having 2 children and yo-yo dieting for years. I think there is a real reason they call it a "beer belly" LOL But like I said, I was a heavy drinker.

Anyway, good luck on your endeavor. Water is really all we need to drink to live...

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure I could survive my diet without drinking tea or coffee, lol. Tea has been a lifesaver for me on some late nights when I wanted to eat everything in sight.

green,white and red tea have so many health benefits.. I don't see any reason to give them up.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

Hi Lori and Ringmaster! Yes I agree, the tea has been harder to give up than alcohol, hands down. But it became a bit too much having tea (no sugar, just milk) up to 7 times a day, while at work and home. So I decided to bite the bullet and ditch it altogether. As time goes on I will probably introduce green tea and even de-caff black tea (I was worried about the caffeine too and have read it can hinder weight loss). I'm doing my first weigh-in tomorrow so we'll see if it's worked :-S
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

I gave up mt dew..shesh and I had some headaches that come along with it (caffeine withdrawls) I drink water only water..Occasional I will have some juice if I am craving something sweet..I dropped 25 lbs the fist month..Water def. plays a big role in losing weight believe me! Good luck in all you chose to do!
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #6  

Thanks Stylist, keep up the good work! May I also congratulate you ladies on your AMAZING weight losses! xx
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #7  

I'm with you! This weekend I vowed not to drink any alcohol for at least a week (longer if possible, but a week is a good short-term goal for my brain to handle!). My plan is to keep it all water for the entire week and then try to keep it up for the following week as well.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #8  

Good one Tiffany let me know if it works! I'm really interested to see how this affects different people. I think so many women waste 'empty' calories on alcohol and not just booze but soft drinks too. :-)
Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #9  

Had great results in the first week, take a look at my blog: watergirl1.blogspot.com/

I'd really like to read your thoughts on this!

x