Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 05:55 PM   #1  
Susan

Red face Thursday Chatters

I thought I'd start us off on a new thread since our other one was getting long. We would like to welcome anyone new to our group! I think we have a great group here!!!

Well, this is the week!!!! I can't believe it is actually here I get a new knee!! I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous a little. I'm just ready to get it over with so I can get on with recovery. Then once I get it and I'm all healed.... there won't be "NO STOPPING ME" Wednesday morning is the day!!! I'll post as soon as I get home and can get to the computer.

Happy Holidays!
Susan
Old 12-08-2002, 06:11 PM   #2  

Susan gets a new knee, Tina gets a new treadmill, and I get a new box of tissues!!! lol I'm still not up to par. Went to Tim's basketball game Friday night and left as soon as it was over. Went to a Memorial Service for a friend's husband yesterday morning. Other than that, I've been in the house. Plenty of liquids, medicines, naps, but I still feel awful. I may have to break down and go to the doctor. I hate to miss school.

I haven't been to Curves since before Thanksgiving. I can't imagine even trying to do the exercise right now.

Take care everyone!!!
Old 12-08-2002, 06:27 PM   #3  
Susan

Tammy,
You should go ahead and go to the doctor. You've been sick a while. Go so you can be all well for the holidays. I go to Curves here! I love it! I've been going 3-4 times a week since August and can tell a difference in my arms and my butt. They are finally beginning to get firmer.... just in time to be off for a month or so. I'm going back as soon as I can.

Now, go to the dr! Please, do it for Tim

Susan
Old 12-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone!!!!!

Susan, thanks for starting us up again. We are really a group of "chatters" aren't we!

Tammy----ditto, ditto, ditto to what Susan told you. Get yourself to a doctor NOW. Do not stop on Go, do not collect $200., or whatever Monopoly says. I don't like you sick. And, you surely don't want to be ailing at Christmas. Some of these bugs can hang on and on and on. Get the picture????? Get to the doc's.
Susan, you will feeel sooooooo good after getting that new knee. Yes, please let us know how you are doing. We are family here.

Sis, haven't heard much from you, girl.

Kady how's it going?

Saffista where are you?

rrobfrost61, what do you eat for breakfast? I need a change.

Tomorrow will be busy. I'm going to wrap things for mailing and head to the post office. Hopefully, I'll get there early enough to miss waiting and waiting and waiting.
I actually got some cards written and in the mail today.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy week.
Tina
Old 12-09-2002, 02:55 PM   #5  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I know I haven't posted much. I guess I am bumming cuz I haven't done very well. I think I'm up a lb or two. I will keep on trying though. I think once I am past the holidays I will do better. They usually don't bother my weight this much. I think I'm just in a rut or something. I know I FEEL like I've gained even more than the scales say. But I WILL get past this. Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great holiday season. Have a great day...Sis
Old 12-09-2002, 07:55 PM   #6  

OK. I called for a sub last night for today. I'm sure my kids were freaking out because that is the first full day I've missed this year. I missed two half days in October.

Anyway, I went to the doctor this afternoon. How does bronchitis and an inner ear infection sound? I am on 3 medicines plus an inhaler. I guess I needed to go. He gave me a funny look when I said I had this a while. Hopefully I'm on the mend now.

The owner of Curves called me tonight to see if I was OK. Tim talked to her since I don't have much of a voice. He told her I'd probably be back by the end of the week (I hope!).

Take care everyone!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi folks,

How is everyone tonight?

Tammy, thank you for going to the doctor!! You did need to go in a bad way!! Wow, 3 different meds! Are you going to school tomorrow? You probably need to stay home another day!

Sis, don't beat yourself up. Just take it a step at a time. We all get in ruts, and you are not alone.

Tina, did you get everything wrapped and to the post office?

Well I made it through another day. One more day and I'm getting a new knee. I keep saying it so I can cope. I'm anxious, excited, scared, nervous,..... should I go on? Anyway, I'm glad the time has come!

Have a great evening.
Susan
Old 12-10-2002, 08:04 PM   #8  

Hi all....
Tammy its a good thing you finally decided to get yourself well...sometimes us teachers are our own worst enemies not allowing ourselves to be sick ( even when we are) .

8 more days till holidays...YIPPEE. I cant wait for the break. Things are really bugging me lately and I think its cause I need a break. Kids are ready to be gone.

Next Tuesday is the Christmas concert. I volunteered ( what was I thinking) to organize it this year) I also made a promise that I will not stress about it; and I havent except for one teacher who is really getting on my nerves...but this too shall pass.

I am on the final countdown to my goal ....4.2 lbs....and with TOM this week I am not sure I will see that number going down tomorrow. Oh well.....I am hoping to hit goal before Christmas but ...then again that doesnt seem like a good time to start maitenance. Just kidding I am busting my butt to make it to goal...I would love to be able to say I got there under a year.

Its hard to imagine that last year at this time I weighed 90+ more lbs than I do right now. HMMMM What a difference a year makes.

Take care everyone.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:16 PM   #9  
Susan

Howdy,

Tammy, are you feeling better? I sure hope so!!

Kady, What were you thinking to volunteer for the concert? Sometimes I volunteer for things before I think it all the way through. Hang in there you can do it! Only 4 pounds to go!!! Way to go girl!

Tina, How are you doing, girl?

Well, this will be my last post until I get out of the hospital. I'll post once I get home. Thanks for the support!

Susan
Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi, I'm still around.
I have not gotten any posts lately. I don't know what's going on.

Tammy----I'm so glad you got to the doctor and got some medicine. Please take care of yourself and don't PUSH yourself. That's easier said than done this time of year.
I'm hoping you are feeling better today!

Kady---those 4 pounds will just fall off. If not, can we come help run you around until you lose them!!!

Our Susan is in the hospital today having knee surgery. Let's each remember her today.

I've been busily cleaning my house because we're having out-of-town guests this Saturday. They live just a few hours away and are coming just for the day.
Cleaning plus shopping and baking have me running in circles.

I did take 30 minutes out this morning and walked on my beautiful new treadmill. I love that thing!!!!!

Everyone, good luck at weigh in this week.

Tina
Old 12-11-2002, 03:40 PM   #11  

Sorry I didn't get to send Susan a message before the surgery. My brain hasn't been functioning right! I know this will be a big relief for her when it is over.

We didn't have school today because of icy roads. I needed the day off. Felt good to sleep in after going to school yesterday.

The one medicine I'm on is prednisone. He said that it will make me hungry!!! OH NO!!!! Just what I needed at this time of year. I'm trying to be good.

Tina, I have a treadmill and haven't taken advantage of it like I should. Maybe you will be my incentive!!

I think I do feel better. Not coughing as much, but I'm still not sleeping. It has to get better though.

I think I'll go work on some Christmas cards and then take a nap. I have potato soup in the crock pot for supper. Smells yummy.

Tina, how about if all of us stop in on Saturday when your other guests are there?
Old 12-12-2002, 07:15 PM   #12  

We had a 2-hour delay today because of fog. I slept in the bed all night last night!!! I've been getting up and moving to the living room because I've been coughing so bad. That's been going on every night since last week sometime.

I think I'll go grade some papers then I'll head to bed.

Suppsed to be foggy again in the morning, so we may have another delay.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:37 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

More guests Saturday? Not funny!
Tammy, I'm glad you are feeling so much better. And, being able to sleep in your bed will do you a world of good.

I hope Susan isn't in too much pain today. I'm sure they got her up on that new knee yesterday!

It's been raining all day! I don't need rain or want it.

Everyone have a great Friday!!!

Tina

Last edited by Tina; 12-12-2002 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:20 PM   #14  

Wishing susan a speedy recovery.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:33 PM   #15  

Hi there,
I was just surfing around; hadn't been to the 3fc for awhile. I am also from Saskatchewan and I also struggle with my weight. Up down up down; can never see permanent progress.

Kady, I sent you a PM just to say congrats on the weight loss; you have done super in a year! wow!

Susan, good luck with that new knee!

salsa
Closed Thread