General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Happy Halloween everyone!

I for one am SO excited to dress up this year. I'm going as a voodoo doll, with a heart patch sewn onto a dress i'm wearing, with big fake needles coming out.

It's my first Halloween as i've just moved to London from Australia and we don't celebrate it there. I'm so excited! Not for the related lollies of course, but for the dress ups...

SO.... What is everyone dressing up as for Halloween this year?
meelsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

ooh what a great idea!

I'm wearing my regular clothes and going as a witch!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #3  

HAHA very good!

... does noone posting in here mean noone's dressing up? Cmon don't be shy....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Good that you found yourself a party to go to. When I was in Oz they told us adults don't really celebrate halloween there, it's just for the kids. Of course we soon discovered the rule of thumb is: if you throw a party, Aussies will come!

Anyhow, I've got two parties. So on Friday I'm wearing my eskimo costume from last year (that fits much better this year ). And saturday I'm dressing up as a candy-striper
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #5  

No, I'm in London now! PLENTY of Halloween parties! But yes you're right, if there is a party, Australians will find it.

What's a candy striper?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I didn't think I was doing anything for Halloween, but now I am, so I have to create some sort of last-minute costume.

I think I'm going to try to find some vampire fangs and make-up (yes, the day before Halloween!), throw on a lab coat over a somewhat skimpy outfit, and make a name tag that says "Dr. [Mayness], Associate Professor of Hematology." We've got dark purple nitrile gloves at work that might look cute, too.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #7  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I bought an angel costume last year w/out trying it on & it was way too tight so I just wore the wings & halo and called it a day.

This year, I bought a little red riding hood costume that fits but looks *bleh*.

SO, fully irritated, i tried on the angel costume from LAST year and not only does it fit, but it looks fabulous!

Maybe next year the little red riding hood costume will look great!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelsie View Post
What's a candy striper?
It's an old school thing, kind of like a nurse (but I think not as highly certified?). They wear red and white/pink striped outfits (looks kind of like peppermint stripes), hence the name.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, i won't be shy anymore

at the Town party for kids, where I'll be helping out for a while, I'll be a cowgirl/lady. Denim shirt, jeans, red bandanna around neck, straw cowboy hat.

at the bars later, I'll be a French Maid or a Pirate Wench.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #10  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

well...i will be dressed in all black with a bit of pink and i am putting on some pointy teeth and going to be calling myself a vampire...lol...
D22Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #11  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbySinthe View Post
I bought an angel costume last year w/out trying it on & it was way too tight so I just wore the wings & halo and called it a day.

This year, I bought a little red riding hood costume that fits but looks *bleh*.

SO, fully irritated, i tried on the angel costume from LAST year and not only does it fit, but it looks fabulous!

Maybe next year the little red riding hood costume will look great!
LOL...that's has happened to me before so these year I am just going all black wih VAMPIRE TEETH and calling it a night...

D22Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11

Im redoing (making it SMALLER ) a costume I wore at the beginning of the year to a bachlorette party where we had to dress up like barbies. Heres the pic from that party....

I was hippy barbie if you cant tell, but now im just going as a hippy... nothing like a twice recycled costume. Its amazing what you can find on the internet to make stuff smaller without sewing.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I wasn't going to dress up since we're only staying home, but at the last minute, I decided to dress up for handing out the candy.

I decided on a Valkyrie (warrior maiden from the norse mythology - the "fat lady" in the Wangerian opera referred to in the expression "it's not over until the fat lady sings).

Long green tunic dress, braids, horned helmet and simple suede shoes.

I'm only missing the chain mail, sheild and weaponry (I don't need to scare the children anyway).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Pirates!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 315 / *ticker* / 130

Height: 5'4

I don't have a party but a few of us dressed up at work. I went as a panda complete with face paint and ears.

I'm a panda freak so most people got what I was...but my boss asked me if a cat and a goofy guy that works in another part of the building said I looked like the Hamburgler (although he knew what I was, he was just trying to annoy me). It was fun to dress up but it made my face itchy! Next year I'm sure I'll dress up as a panda again, but I will be a skinnier one!!
melbellrocks is offline   Reply With Quote