Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

Default November Weight Loss Challenge

Hi chicks : ). Here is to a healthy and happy November to us all!

Hope to see everyone from our previous months and also any newcomers who may be joining us, all are welcome : ).

You know the drill girls! Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! THe sky is the limit! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable......just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be. THough the thread is titled "weight loss" please bear in mind that the underlying overall goal is toward a healthier us and so your goal may not be revolved around weight loss, it may be maintenance or eating healthier...and/or kicking a soda habit or whatever the case may be.

My goal last month was to get back on schedule which I have partially but not in every respect and with that being said, I am going with a weight loss goal this month which I feel works best for me. 8-10 lb. loss this month! .

Note: We keep a members list with our goals and if/when those goals are met, we put red print and goal met next to our goals. You can take a peek at the end of last months thread to see what it looks like. Please don't feel bad if/when you may not reach a specific number, goal, etc. Always remember that making positive changes along the way (the journey) are wonderful accomplishments in and of themselves .

Monthly weight loss challenge FAQ's

Do we weigh in on a certain day and how frequently? We don't have a specific WI day and WI on the day we choose. Many of the girls WI on the first day of the month and that ends up being the WI day for the month while others get WI at WW (weight watchers) on specific days, etc. How frequently we weigh in is a personal matter and specific to each of our own indivual needs. Daily WI's for some of the girls work great for them, while others prefer to WI weekly, bi-weekly, etc.

Do we need to post personals? etc... Absolutely not ladies. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . We are a large group and it is difficult to post personals sometimes. THe time just does not exist sometimes. If you don't have time for personals it's okay.....post away

What does OP mean, DH, etc. ? We often use abbreviations here. OP means on plan. DH means dear husband, DD means dear daughter, DS = dear son, WI means weigh In, TOM means that time of month, lol means laughter out loud, and kwim means know what I mean.

Is everyone on a specific plan? We all have various plans. SOme of us are on WW, south beach, are own plans, etc. Though we do believe in and follow the guideline of not going below 1,200 cals a day and along these lines also strive to follow the site guidelines .

What day do we count our loss, the last day of the month or the first of the following month? Either way. Most girls report their loss the last day of the month and if they have another loss that following morning (on the first) they either add it to the current months total loss or roll it over to the new month. Think of it as a bonus day .

See you all soon chickies hugsssssss
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh lucky me first to decide my destiny this month...

Put me down for 8lbs, to hit 144
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I am technically going to start my November month tomorrow because I will be away from a scale over the weekend. Because I will have a couple more days I'm gonna go for 7 lbs to get to 275. Oh that number sounds so nice!
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #4  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hmmmm. last time i did a non weight one, but i think ill do a weight one this month:

Lose 8 Lbs! thatll get me to my first mini goal: 30 pounds down at 256 lbs . (According to mine and my mom's at home support system, thatll mean i get to buy a new outfit! and once my mom loses her first mini goal, we both get to go get a facial!!)
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm going for 8 again - from 193 to 185.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/237/145

Height: 5'4"

This will be my first challenge, as I'm definitely a newbie! But I'm going to try to lose 8-10 lb. this month. My current/starting weight is 250 - so I would be between 242 and 240. Also, I'm going to challenge myself to keep up training for the C25K! So far, so good!
Bluedande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #7  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck Bluedande!
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #8  

Height: 6'1

I am sooo happy that I met my October goal of 240. Now for this month, I'm aiming for 234. I would aim for 10lbs this month, but with all the eating that I tend to do around holidays, I don't think thats possible.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #9  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I didn't meet my goal last month *sob* so my goal for November is to make it to Onederland!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #10  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Hello all! It's been probably a year sense I've stuck my head in here, but here I am.

I would like to join this challenge. I was doing so well there for awhile...mid/low 150s. I've somehow crept up to 165! Eak! Part of it is I'm a newly-wed....and I've heard it is easy to gain weight when you start cooking yummier stuff for someone else. I never had to worry about feeding another person before. My husband has put on a few pounds and also wants to lose weigh, so we'll be cooking healthier now.

So...my goal is 7 pounds! So...158lbs by December 1st.

My plan...I am doing slimfast again (I had excellent success with that before...was at 220lbs) and for exercise...and I'm so excited! I'm just got Turbo Jam. I plan on doing that M-F. Well...starting Monday

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Tessa

Good luck everyone this month!

Congrats Shasha on making your goal (and anyone else who did!)
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

My goal this month is to lose 10 lbs.hopefully more! November is a month of no distractions for me.
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello

This is the first time I've joined a challenge and I'm going to try for 10lbs this month.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #13  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

My November goal is to hit 255 and attend a WW meeting weekly!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #14  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

I'd like to lose 10 lbs in November. Putting me down to about 196 & more importantly, ONDERLAND!
LBLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
Oh lucky me first to decide my destiny this month...

Put me down for 8lbs, to hit 144
Wow I can't believe u have lost soooo much weight in 5 months!!! how do u stay motivated to work out everyday??!!
yayalyn is offline   Reply With Quote