Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Default How YOU doing?

Okay you have to read that in Joey's voice for it to be funny (from Friends)

I guess I've just kind of jumped in here and made myself comfortable rather than doing a formal intro, but I figure it's only fair that I do since I intend to stick around these parts for quite a long while . At the same time though, I'd like to get to know all of you! So I decided I'd ask some questions and give my answers and would be delighted if you all could answer and tell me a bit about yourself too!

Name/age:
In a relationship?:
kids?
pets?
location?
how did you come to 3FC?
When did you first decide to start losing weight?
What is your "method" of weight loss?
Anything else interesting??

and my answers!

Name/age: Heather/27
In a relationship?: Married since 3/06 to my wonderful husband Colin
kids? two gorgeous kids. Noah is 2 1/2 and Elizabeth is 9 months
pets? none right now
location? Houston TX
how did you come to 3FC? oh gosh I guess it was years ago. No clue what "diet" I was attempting at the time. But obviously it didn't pan out, LOL
When did you first decide to start losing weight? I have to preface this with THIS TIME, THIS TIME it was something that had been building up for awhile. But the start date was the day after a doctor's appointment where I talked to my doctor about my weight and he said I either needed to get serious about doing it on my own, or consider weight loss surgery. That scared me. That I am even eligable for weight loss surgery scares me
What is your "method" of weight loss? calorie counting and watching what kind of carbs I eat
Anything else interesting?? Not much. Getting over a stomach virus. It was my son's first and we were both sick at the same time. YUCK. Not fun at all. So far my daughter and husband seem unscathed
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Name/age: Lindy, 28
In a relationship?: Married to Jeff for 9 years.
kids? Have a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son.
pets? Meat-head the dog and a bunch of fish
location? Utah
how did you come to 3FC? I can't remember, been here so long (another a different user name that I can't remember the password to).
When did you first decide to start losing weight? I think it was 2003
What is your "method" of weight loss? Calorie counting and walking so far.
Anything else interesting?? My husband works out of town and I haven't seen him in a month. He is coming home tomorrow and I hope the 20 lbs I've lost is a little bit noticeable.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Name/age: Teresa, but you can call me Pita. I'm 43 for another few months
In a relationship?: Yes, I've been madly in love to the most awesome man for almost five years now. Amazingly he loves me just as much.
kids? I have one daughter who will be 18 next January
pets? Just a metal rooster we call Fred
location? Athens, GA
how did you come to 3FC? I was on another board and there was a link to 3FC. I like it here VERY much.
When did you first decide to start losing weight? Oh back when I was 13
What is your "method" of weight loss? Counting calories, trying to eat healthy foods, exercise
Anything else interesting?? I'm a new Starbucks employee and have been adjusting to the new work load as well as trying to maintain my focus at losing weight. I've stumbled a bit, but I'm back on track and won't give up.

Last edited by Pita09; 10-29-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #4  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

Name/age: Steph 30
In a relationship?: Married for almost a year
kids? does my husband count?
pets? Ruby& Pearl puppies
location? Indianapolis
how did you come to 3FC? A few years ago i just found it on the web and loved it, and now im back
When did you first decide to start losing weight? this time- September 15th is my official start date, but ive been over 200 since i was 13
What is your "method" of weight loss? calorie counting, high protein, high fiber, good carbs
Anything else interesting?? I love to read, and crochet & knit, I like to think im a quirky sarcastic fun girl!
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Name/age: Tanee & I'm 31
In a relationship?: married to my high school sweetheart for 6 years (together for 15!)
kids? 3
pets? too many!! so I'll just mention my dogs...a boxer, chihuahua and great dane!
location? in a small town outside of New Orleans
how did you come to 3FC? I found it by accident, I think while I was looking for dwlz.com (ww stuff)
When did you first decide to start losing weight? This is my 3rd time but the other 2 times I lost like 30 pounds then quit. I'm in it for life now!
What is your "method" of weight loss? I was on weight watchers for the majority of my weight loss but I've been calorie counting for about 40lbs of it
Anything else interesting?? hmmmmm.....I can touch my tongue to my nose? lol I have no idea what else to add!

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 10-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Name/age: Melissa 27
In a relationship?: Yep married for 3 years.
kids? only the furry kind.
pets? Yes a dog and two cats.
location? I live is Western Pa near Pittsburgh.
how did you come to 3FC? I did a google search for a "weight loss forum"
When did you first decide to start losing weight? Feb 10th 2009.
What is your "method" of weight loss? I count calories and focus on eating whole foods.
Anything else interesting?? ummm, I work at a dog kennel, it's been the most rewarding job I've ever had! I love, Love, LOVE country music and I attend as many live shows as I possibly can each year. That's about it!
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Name/age: Melinda / 31
In a relationship?: Married to Ryan since 2003
kids? Cody who's 3.5 and Luke who will be 1 in 2 weeks.
pets? Rosco (Australian cattle dog), Bailey, Tasha and Jesse (kitties)
location? Northern Virginia
how did you come to 3FC? Years ago when I was on WW
When did you first decide to start losing weight? The first time, was after I graduated from high school and was tired of being the fat friend without a doubt. This time, while I was pregnant with my youngest, I decided I needed to buckle down and start losing weight after he was born so I would be a healthier and more fun mom.
What is your "method" of weight loss? Right now counting calories and being more active.
Anything else interesting??
meliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #8  

Name/Age Linda 57
In a relationship? Married to Bill for 25 years
Kids? Collectivly 4 ( 3 of his and one of mine) ages 40 to 31
Pets? Stuffed dog named Spudzy
Location? WA state
When did you first decide to lose weight? Life long problem - This time (began in July) after realizing I needed to get healthier or I would end up like my mother who can't hardly walk and needs help with all of her personal hygiene issues.
Method of losing weight - South Beach Diet and increasing my exercise
Anything else? Like to golf, quilt, garden, make baskets, fish, and travel.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Name/age: Caroline, 37
In a relationship?: Your guess is as good as mine, at the moment. It's a long story.
kids? None
pets? Two cats
location? Eastern Tennessee
how did you come to 3FC? I don't remember exactly how I got here. Google, mostly likely.
When did you first decide to start losing weight? Not long after my sister's wedding, so sometime in 2004? It took me two more years to figure out how, though.
What is your "method" of weight loss? Calorie counting, low carb, and lots of exercise. LOTS of exercise.
Anything else interesting?? I'm fascinating, of course, but I don't like to brag. Like Tanee, I can also touch my nose with my tongue. I can roll my tongue as well.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #10  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Name/age: KaCee J, 23
In a relationship?: married to my one and only, for 3 years together for 8
kids? working on that...
pets? just my hubby
location? southeast MO, little town on a lake
how did you come to 3FC? divine intervention, I think, just stumbled upon it on a google
When did you first decide to start losing weight? I can't even remember, I can recall going to a WW meeting with my mom when I was 10...and 13 years later I'm still trying to lose it, now I am trying to get pregnant, have PCOS and insulin resistance and if I want any chance at having a baby, I gotta lose the weight...So here I am!
What is your "method" of weight loss? Going to a Physcian's Weight Loss Center, low carb with exercise and started some phentermine to help me get started
Anything else interesting?? Hmm where to start! I have a shoe fetish, but generally can't stand feet!
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Name/age: Sommer/33
In a relationship?: Yep, married to my best friend.
kids? Yep, 4 of them 3 boys~10, 3, and 5months and 1 girl who is 4, the 3 and 4 year old are Irish Twins!
pets? Yep, 1 dalmation, 1 red eared slider turtle (he's my fav), and just got a fluffy little kitty
location? Pennsylvania, on top of a mountain
how did you come to 3FC? Gosh I don't remember, probably my friend google
When did you first decide to start losing weight? I have half heartedly attempted many times, but THIS TIME I started in July, I'm done having babies and it's time to get my body back.
What is your "method" of weight loss? Counting calories, choosing healthier options, trying to exercise more.
Anything else interesting?? Hmmm... I homeschool my kids, I cloth diaper the baby with my own homemade diapers, I like to sew, knit and crochet (though I don't do it nearly enough), I love big trucks and the only sport I like is monster truck racing.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Name/age: Lyn, 40
In a relationship?: living apart
kids? five
pets? cat and dog
location? Pacific NW
how did you come to 3FC? surfed in YEARS ago
When did you first decide to start losing weight? You mean really decide? Or just goof off with fad diets? LOL. REAL decision: Aug 2007.
What is your "method" of weight loss? Count calories, exercise, eat more veggies, blog.
Anything else interesting?? Being healthy is way more satisfying than eating a ton of junk.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #13  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Name/age: Angie / 34
In a relationship?: Yes, with Matt for almost 5 years.
kids? Yes, my daughter is 3 1/2 and I have an 11 yo step son.
pets? 2 dogs, a cat and some fish
location? Northeastern PA
how did you come to 3FC? Stumbled acrossed it online
When did you first decide to start losing weight? I have needed to since I was 19. Never had a problem before that. Refocused now!
What is your "method" of weight loss? I count calories.
Anything else interesting?? Not really.
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Name/age: Amanda/29
In a relationship?: married to DH Jason
kids? 2, Christian 10, and Haleigh 9
pets? yup, my sweet pitbull, Jessie
location? Southwest Virginia
how did you come to 3FC? been here off and on for about 4 years, lol
When did you first decide to start losing weight? first time was 8/05 after my miscarriage. this time NOW cuz i gained it all back
What is your "method" of weight loss? count calories/exercise
Anything else interesting?? hmm... I'm studying for my bachelor's in psychology through Liberty University
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #15  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Name/age: Becky - 41
In a relationship?: Yes - married for the 2nd time for 4 1/2 years this time around
kids? 2 from first marriage - 21 Daughter Ashley 18 - son Dustin
pets? Jack just turned 2 toy fox terrier, Pyxis is 6 dalmation/lab mix - black cat Midnight -- I think she is 5 ish
location? Iowa
how did you come to 3FC? Google
When did you first decide to start losing weight? Off and on over the years -- I did weight watchers about 6 years ago and lost 40 and that came back plus about 20 -- this time I started in May 2009
What is your "method" of weight loss? Counting Calories and exerciese
Anything else interesting?? I love baseball - Seattle Mariners and football Pittsburgh Steelers, Reading - less now since I am more active - and making tags in PSP lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote