Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Default lost 26 pounds..

I guess when your a big girl "As I am" you cant really tell when you lose 26 pounds..well, at least I cant. I can tell I feel better..But If a tiny girl loses 26 pounds you can def tell..Wonder why with bigger ppl you cant? Someone said they noticed it in my face the most..I appreciate all the compliments..but I cant tell really that much..Although I did try some jeans on that was gapping open like 4 inches before ( I had slung them back in my closet) Got them out the other day and they fit YAY!..but before that..I never noticed..
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Congratulations!! Whether you see it or not, its still amazing, that's 25 lbs gone forever. Have you thought about checking your measurements? And/or taking your picture once a month?

I do this, though nothing shows me that I've lost weight more then my measurements. Even when the scale tells me I lost X amount of weight, sometimes I don't see it.
You're doing awesome, keep it up. :-)
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

thank you, and yess..I have thought about taking pics..actually im going to start that soon..I found a couple lastnight that I had saved to my computer. Before and now ..I havent measure myself yet..But I can tell it around the bsut area..Shesh I think I have went down a cup size the way my bra is gapping open on the top..Thats not what I wanted..I Wanted it gone from everywhere else *LOL* Have a GReat DAY!
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11

Way to go! 26lbs is a huge accomplishment. I know you will have plenty of these moments to come. It took me over 30lbs before people would even notice slightly so hang in there.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #5  

LOL don't worry it'll even out eventually. Same happened here, my bust and rib cage thinned out before my belly. I was hoping this wouldn't be the end result. But no, all other areas caught up. :-)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Well done I lost about 60lb before most people noticed. I found after less loss that that (30-40lb maybe) only people I hadn't seen for a long time noticed. These days everyone notices which is good at first but after a while it gets a bit much someone commenting on your weight every time you leave the house.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

WTG on losing 26lbs!

I second the measuring! I measure once a week and different areas of my body! The more places I measure the more motivated I am because there are more inches lost LOL! I don't just do the typical bust, waist, & hips.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I told my husband how I was disappointed that no one has noticed my loss yet, and his response was "you can't really tell you've lost weight, but you can tell you've been working out." Grr!

I just take solace in knowing how much better I FEEL!
amkenkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

I can so relate. When I lost 30 pounds, hardly anyone noticed, only people who knew I was dieting and I think they were just doing that to be nice. Now Im down 50 and strangers are actually starting to take notice and when they ask how much I lost and I say 50, there always like---noooo, you didnt have 50 to lose. Um...its a compliment but also a shame it took me that much for anyone to notice. lol. 25 is an incredible accomplishment and the numbers add up any which way you look at---kudos girly, keep up the good work!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #10  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

It all has to do with percentages. You and I are about the same height, so no significant difference there. But from your starting weight, 26 lbs is about 8%. For me, 26 lbs was 14% - and people did notice!

If it makes you feel better though - at 15 pounds or so (my 8%) - I was grumbling big time about no one noticing.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #11  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Yea...I dont know what I was thinking. I guess after losing 10 pounds I thought everyone would atleast notice a slight difference but I was wrong and naive! So I was dissapointed when I saw my Memaw and dad for the first time after a couple weeks and they couldnt tell. I think I might have even pouted.

Atleast I know what to expect now! haha

You're doing GREAT! Keep it up and like Rainbow said, soon enough everyone wont stop commenting! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #12  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Congrats on your loss!!! That's great...

I feel you though. I can't see the loss on myself yet either. I obviously know I have lost weight because of the scale, how my clothes fit, and measuring... but I can't see it.

As for other people noticing... I had my chiropractor (who I see every two weeks) notice yesterday. But none of my coworkers or others I see daily have noticed yet.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
Well done I lost about 60lb before most people noticed. I found after less loss that that (30-40lb maybe) only people I hadn't seen for a long time noticed. These days everyone notices which is good at first but after a while it gets a bit much someone commenting on your weight every time you leave the house.
LOL I feel the same way. When I get together with friends or run into them somewhere after not seeing them for a month or so, They're like "OMG'osh! you look great!" It's nice people notice but then it starts getting old. LOL But its always nice to hear.

With the first 15 lbs, no one really noticed. They knew only because I mentioned it on Facebook and were all shocked. But now that I hardly see them, they're in shock. Even more so when I tell them I've lost 35 lbs. :-)
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #14  
Get Thin Within

S/C/G: 307/275/150

Height: 5' 7

I know what you mean. I can't tell any difference with myself. But I tried on a pair of pants that I couldn't even button before and they fit loose. I feel better. I can only imagine how much better I'll feel when I'm at goal. I agree with the suggestion about measurements. I started keeping measurements in 2001 during some major weight loss I had. Last time I measured I weighed 292. I plan on measuring again at 272 to see the difference. Sometimes it really helps you to see the inches that you have lost. I hate taking pictures but I have started doing it so I will have something to look back at and compare. Keep up the good work.
Natoshial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I really could not see any difference after 20 pounds but I could feel it. After I lost 30 pounds I compared before and during pictures and could see it a little in my face. It took about 50 pounds lost before anyone said anything but several people told me that they had noticed but weren't sure if I would want them to say something.

There is a reason that we have trouble seeing our own loss. I think that Amanda posted it several times but I can't find a posting. Maybe someone else will.

You are doing great! Keep going and you will see the loss!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote