Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Height: 5'7

Default I didn't blow it!

I posted the other day how I was pretty mad at myself for throwing away everything that I was working for and just pigging out for about a week and a half, it was about four days ago, but I learned something in the the past four days of renewing my healthy eating that has surprised and encouraged me and may encourage some others, hopefully.
Before throwing everything out the window I was down to about 192.5 during my daily morning weigh-in, my lowest point in more than fifteen years, I was so happy and proud of myself, but then some pretty tough times hit and I couldn't handle it, during that time I would see up to 204.5 on the scale, sure, at night, but I hadn't seen the terrible 2's in more than a month, I was so ashamed of myself. Unlike in the past where I would just chuck everything out the window I told myself that this was nuts and that I was not going to ruin the hard work that I had done just so that I could pig out on food that I wasn't even enjoying. I mean, when I am eating well, I love what I am eating, I work hard to plan meals that I enjoy because I know that I'm getting less to work with, but when I was eating whatever we had in the house just to fill my face and some nameless void, I wound up eating stuff that I really didn't even like, it's silly.
Anyway, it's only been four days since I got back to eating in a more appropriate way and i haven't even really exercised and the scale said 194.2 this morning, yeah, about a pound and half higher than my lowest weight, but I can deal with that much better that seven or eight pounds. I didn't do anything drastic, I'm not starving myself, went back to about where I was, yeah, I can't have exactly what I'd like to because since Shaun lost his job about a month ago and the car decided to torture us and take any extra money we have, we've had to be pretty spare in what we get, but I'm learning to adapt and Shaun is great, he knows that I need to buy certain things and he will go without some of the stuff that he loves so that I can get what I need.
The moral of the story being that even if you think that you blew, if you get back to what you were doing you may see that it's not as bad as you think, whether it was a week and a half or three years, this is a life change, there are going to be rough spots, but get back on that horse!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yay for you!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #3  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Fantastic job!!! Well done for the original weight loss AND for getting back on the horse!!! yay, you!!!!!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

This is such a good point that you make. It would be really difficult to undo months of good, hard work by a week and a half of off-plan eating. Damage can be done, for sure. But I think where people often get in trouble is in saying that they "blew it" (whatever that means) and to chuck the whole plan out the window simply because they had a momentary freak-out. You have proven that it is NOT "blown"; that the key is to get right back on plan and do the damage control NOW. Throwing the plan out the window accomplishes nothing other than regaining all the weight!

Good for you! Congratulations on discovering this important key!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunameower View Post
The moral of the story being that even if you think that you blew, if you get back to what you were doing you may see that it's not as bad as you think, whether it was a week and a half or three years, this is a life change, there are going to be rough spots, but get back on that horse!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Well put! Glad to see you are getting back on the horse.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #6  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

you made a good point! way to get back on track!

KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm very happy for you!!!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Thank everybody, I just really wanted to share this because I know that we are all going through it and a lot of times I just feel like mentioning my bad times when I make a new thread but I felt that this was positive and for me it needed to be said.
Right now I'm just going through a lot, but when I was getting on that scale every day and see those numbers creep up I felt like crap, not to mention the lead weight in my stomach from eating, well, crap. I feel better physically and emotionally when I'm in control of my diet, and I can't say that at this point I'm in control of many other things.
Thanks again!
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Way to go!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11

Way to go!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote