Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 10:50 AM   #1  

Angry One Day At A Time Plan - Wanna Join, #2

We're a group of friendly, funny, supportive ladies taking it slow. We're trying to maintain, lose a little or look a little better for the upcoming Christmas parties. We try to set daily goals, then attain them. Please feel free to join us.

My goals for today:

journal
exercise
drink water
pamper
think positive

Down to business:

Heather, where are you? Just like the Olive Garden, when ya hea, ya family.

Kemp, yeah, Apple Blossom was right. Of all the cool places in NO. You chose Chilis. I have one down the street. Oh, and that is soooo cool about getting hit on. I know what you mean about scary guys hitting on you. Last week, I decided to walk to Sav-On's... about 8 blocks or so... two really cute guys in their cars beeped. Then one scary one on his bike rang his bell. Hello!

Apple Blossom, you're right about your calves telling you that you need more water. They tell me when I don't drink enough. Hey, I had french fries last nite, too. Thus, the higher cal intake. Glad you're with us, AB. Love your sense of humor.

OK, gotta run.

Bye for now. D

Last edited by Dena; 12-10-2002 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:54 AM   #2  

Shoot, I just posted on the other thread. Are you guys going to make me rewrite all of it again?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:56 AM   #3  

yes
Old 12-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #4  

whaaaa!! ok here it goes.

I live in New Orleans so I can eat there anytime I want. I get tired of it sometimes. That is a good thing. The really good places are in a scary part of town and I don't think it would be a good idea for just my friend and I to go alone.

Where do you record your caloric intake. Is there a certain site?
Old 12-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #5  

fitday.com What... I compliment you on getting hit on. And you don't say anything? Sheesh. Just like your hubby, mine was kinda proud, too.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:09 AM   #6  

sorry, thanks fo rthe compliment.

So the scary guy was on a bike. How fitting. lol
Old 12-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #7  

no, I meant you didn't say anything about me getting hit on. Whatever. I'm out of it this morning. At least, I know what I meant to type. lol
Old 12-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #8  

Good thing you had two cute guys. They cancel out the one scary one. lol Long morning?

Did we scare Heather away?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:37 PM   #9  
ebe
noob

hi
i hope you don't mind if i move into your thread. so much more action up here from down in the 20 somethings area!

i'll introduce myself.....i'm 26, live in new york and am currently trying to get back into shape.
my long term goal is to lose 1-2 sizes by april.
that seems pretty reasonable to me....i think.
its been so long since i have really made a conscious effort towards losing weight and getting fit.
my last time was in college and i fretted so much over the number on the scale that i missed all other indications that i was fit and healthy.....the way i looked, the way clothes fit....how strong and fit i felt.
no it was all wasted really....
for some reason i stopped getting my periods my last semester of school, (something i chalk up to stress after seeing so many doctors who could find nothing wrong with me) and the nurse practioner sort of urged me to calm down with diet and exercise saying the weight i was at was perfectly healthy.... even though what i was doing was by no means extreme or anything.

i don't know. just hearing someone say that my weight was healthy wasn't enough...i wanted to hear something like, you have a great body or something like that. in my whole life i've wanted to hear that, without having to prompt my boyfriend.....
Me: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm so fat don't look at me
Him: no you're sexy, you know i love your body.....
Me: whatever get out *boot*

just i don't know, i really always wanted to hear that someone liked me for my body, maybe thats kind of wrong i don't know, but still!!!!!!!....i've never been at any extreme....i've been chubby...my highest weight was 180ish....175ish, something, i'm 5'8......in college when i graduated i weighed about 135.

so anyway i'll skip the rest of my weight neuroses and life histroy lol and just say that this time i'm hanging on until i have a hot fit body. yikes i almost feel like i will jinx it saying that...but regardless, i can dream right?

my goal for the day is water, 1400'ish calories and exercise.
i'm so tired today i could lay down under my desk and sleep probably but i must get to the gym
whew loooooooong sorry.
*wave wave*
Old 12-10-2002, 01:42 PM   #10  

Glad to see you came here ebe. You sound a little like me. I am 5'7" and am around 164 right now. I know I look forward to this thread. Dena is a great ring leader. I hope you get all of the support you need. I know that I will give all that I have to help you.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:39 PM   #11  

WELCOME EBE!! You've come to the right place for support. Plus we're here to tell you that you've got a hot bod! lol Seriously, I know exactly what you mean about feeling great when someone else gives you a compliment, even though your boyfriend (or in my case, hubby) thinks you look good. How insecure is that? lol What is it with us silly women anyway?

Yeah, stress does funny things to your body. Did your periods ever come back? I'm the queen of stress, so I've had plenty of doctor visits lately. Don't get me started about them and their pompous attitudes. lol

Your goals are great!!!

It's one day at a time.

Luv, D
Old 12-10-2002, 04:49 PM   #12  
ebe
noob

hi dena and kempy
thanks for the welcome
i've been lurking around for a while and have found you guys definately inspiring.

kempy thats you in your avatar pic? pretty lady!

lol dena....yeah it came back after like 6 months. mysteriously. i had always cursed having it but then not......it just felt weird and out of sync.....strange strange lol
sorry to hear you go to the doctor a lot. urgh that reminds me i have to make an appointment and i keep putting it off.

finally almost time to go home from work. i can drag myself home and run to the gym!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:05 PM   #13  
Happy Member

Just checking in -

My plan of action is just to take life a "day at a time" just like everyone keeps telling me.

I vow to eat a healthy mix of meals, to walk at the mall 4-5 days per week, to drink my water, and to keep a positive frame of mind. And if some cute guys hit on me, that's very OK, LOL.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:43 PM   #14  

Checkin in~~

1270 cals, exercised, 9 glasses of water, etc.

Jo, glad you're back!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Dena, Kempyd, Ebe and JoJoJo2

I've been lurking about some of the threads.

Care if I join in? I need to do this "one day at a time".
My goal for tomorrow is to drink half of my weight in water
cardio for 30 minutes.
present weight=173.5
goal weight=130
Closed Thread