Old 10-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #1  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Lean Pockets nutrition?

I was wondering what you guys think of Lean Pockets, nutrition-wise?

They're fairly low in calories and make me feel like I'm eating something decadent, which I really like. (And they're so easy to make!) Looks like they have a bit of fiber and protein, too, but I don't know if things like fruit & lean meat have more of those nutrients or what. Also there are a million ingredients in Lean Pockets, which always makes me a little nervous.

So what do you think? Are they a food disguised as "healthy" that should mostly be avoided? Or can they be part of a healthy eating plan?
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

I like the lean pockets as a special treat. I am not a huge fan of anything boxed food wise, I tend to make everything from scratch. But every great once in a while I like the quick convenience of one.

I think that just like everything else, in moderation is fine. I would not eat one everyday, imo.
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree with above poster
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I am never full on just one of these..
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #5  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

all my internal instincts think that lean pockets seem to be the definition of processed foods that everyone should try and cut out of their diet

I'd say, try making your own versions at home and freezing them for on the go.
mara11jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #6  

I like them as a treat breakfast. I usually cut off about an inch on one end and discard (the doughy part), and I eat mine with several handfuls of grape tomatoes. Fills me up and keeps me full for a good 4 hours. I feel the same about the lower calories breakfast sandwiches (English muffin, cheese, egg white, ham)- I could make my own, but for an occasional treat it is cheaper to just buy one rather than the ingredients. The key for me is to have the tomatoes alongside.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #7  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 165/156/145

Height: 5'8"

I think the pizza pockets are delicious. I don't consider it a health food, myself. More of a "crap, I'm running late and need to pack a quick lunch for work!" type food. I make sure to snack on fruits and veggies when I do eat them.

Last edited by Katterina; 12-08-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Katterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I consider them a healthy option when I feel like eating junk food. Most of the time I cook food from scratch so I know what's in it. But I think they do a really good job of filling a yen when I want something cheesy and gooey that tastes like food I could eat too much of. Pepperoni pizza for example.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote