Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/301/mini goal 299

Height: 5'8

Default Finally able to play Wii Fit!!

Hey Everyone!!

I am fairly new to the site but I wanted to share my first goal met!!

Sounds silly but my first goal was to lose 40 lbs! I have lost 39 lbs so I am right there!!! But a new mini goal was achieved and I didn't even realize it!

Last Christmas, I was given a Wii Fit from my mother as a gift. I couldn't wait to try it. When I got home, the first thing I did was open the box and wanted to play. I got on and will never forget this moment. The system said I couldn't play because I was over the weight limit. I was mortified. It still brings tears to my eyes just thinking of that moment. Well, I am very different person today!! I walk 3 miles daily and I take a kick boxing class! Whoa, I take kick boxing!! I have released almost 40 pounds and 3 dress sizes. I say released because I did not lose the weight because I will never find those pounds again!! LOL

Back to my mini-goal, last week, I pulled the dreaded Wii Fit out of the closet, dusted it off, and decided I would try to play. And guess what!!!?!? I was able to play. I am no longer above the weight requirement! I am soooo thrilled and I have been working out on that thing like crazy!!

That's my little goal for now!! I love reading these stories; they give me such hope and inspiration!

Stephanie
stephanielllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That is sooo fantastic!! Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I have to say a huge CONGRATS! I know exactly how you feel and where you come from...as I had the same stats as you. I started at 339lbs or 340lbs depending on the time of day! lol! I am now at 265.9lbs! I never thought I'd ever be this weight again...but I have had my challenges but I keep ploughing ahead, i have never looked back this time. I know I will get there and be a healthy weight once again. Your story hit close to home as we started at the same place and I wanted to let you know you will be under 300 soon, and it will be a GREAT day. Enjoy the journey, i've learned so much of who I really am and what I want in life, that old life would never do anymore...i want more .. I want to livea long and healthy Memorable life. Don't be hard on yourself if you have hard days or give in to a bad treat...you need to realize you are only human and I'm proud of you! Congrats again and I'll be watching your progress!
workingtobethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #4  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Congrats! I bet that feels great!

Now if only I could get mine to stop saying "that's obese!"
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/247/160

Height: 5'5

Stephanie,

Congratulations. I don't own a Wii but am interested in hearing more about your experience with it. You said you are enjoying it how long are you working out and how often? Also, what program are you working with the wii fit, yoga or what?

cj
CJ160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hey Stephanie! This happy dance is just for you!

First of all congrats on the weight release - the 300's will be history before you know it - how exciting is that?!

WHEEEEEE! You are doing Wii!!! I can feel your joy in this simple pleasure. I also know the disappointment and self-loathing that weight restrictions can make you feel - it feeds into the "not good enough" feeling that we allow to defeat us. But not you - you're doing it! So congrats on this victory on the way to your goal!

Keep up the good work - your enthusiasm and determination is contagious - thanks so much for sharing - it's a great boost to those of us still working to leave the 300's in the dust. Good luck with everything!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

2 weeks ago I bought a wii and saw on the box - weight limit 330 - and thought "holy crap", then I remembered "I am under 300!!" I haven't been under 300 in more than 10yrs, and I started this journey at 342 (more likely 350, but I had started lossing before weighing). So I totally understand your excitement and am sooooo happy for you.
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/191/150

thats awesome!!

congrats!!!!

im thinking about getting a wii fit how is it ? is the yoga easier for us heavier people? i was thinking of taking a yoga class but im a little to nervous to be the BIG girl in class and wanted to get the hang of it a little before i went to a class

lemme know!
algebraashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

those are definitely the things that keep me going! thanks for sharing
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote