Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Default I need exercise..

So I havent been doing that good on exercise..I went out lastnight and bought a dvd jillian michaels cardio..but no dvd remote so I couldnt play it. I had been walking starting out a mile a day..but lately I have been so tired!! and not having the motivation. I am still doing my points on WW and doing good..In fact put a pair of "trucker Jeans" tore up jeans on lastnight that was like 3 inches gapped open from closing a while back..Now they FIT!!!! YAY! that motivated me to stay on track but Im having problems exercising..Glad I put those jeans back in the closest (in hope I would lose some weight) Motivate me please *LOL*
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Uhh most dvd players have buttons on it to push for power, play, ff, rewind, etc :|

But besides that, maybe you are missing something from your diet that is causing you to be tired? Are you counting calories? If so, are you getting enough? Too much?

When I first started losing weight, I was walking in place 5-15 minutes a day then I moved on to Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I, now this is *my* opinion, do not suggest using a Jillian Michaels' workout as an intro into exercising.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by Onederchic; 10-25-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  

I know, mine dont..Going to get a new one today.BTW, Anyone Ever tried the wii fit? If so, tell me what you think?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi there!

I was just reading this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ond-these.html have you?

I don't really know any answers to the questions the OP is asking but then when I came to your post, I thought. Getting a DVD all ready to play and clearing an area to work .... I would have never done it. If I make sure (when I'm home) that I'm always dressed in workout clothing and running shoes. Then I can walk out the door and walk -or- dance around the house. Even my elliptical is right in the dining room so that I can see the TV. I've got dumbells and a band that sit on the coffee table.
I would never get around to it, if I had too much to get ready ... I need the reminders to be right under my nose.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

As for Wii Fit, it has been one of my main sources of exercise and I love it. At the moment, I am currently doing other workouts but I recommend if you have a Wii to make use of it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #6  

yeap just read it..thats a good idea..im going to leave it all out under my nose as a reminder!! *LOL*
Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #7  

I also have a Wii fit. Love it. I really feel the burn when I play the hula hoop game!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Unfortunately no one can motivate you, but you. Or fortunately depending on how you look at it. It's something very vital and to leave it in the hands of someone else is too risky.

But then there's something else we always say around here. One shouldn't rely on motivation. It's fleeting and is never around when the fried foods and sweets are. It's also not around when exercise is needed and the couch and the TV are calling out. Or when you're tired. Or stressed. Or anything. That's when we turn to commitment. It's much more lasting. Once you make that ironclad commitment to do this - no matter what - then it gets done. So I urge you to commit to do this. Whether you feel like it or not. Whether it's convenient or not. COMMIT to it and then there's no way that it can't not happen. Make it a tippy top priority. Pencil it into your day, like any other vital appointment.

But I do agree with Onederchic. When I first started out, I walked. 15 minutes 2 X a day, since going any longer was too much for me, I broke it down to 2 times. I increased slowly. Then I discovered those Leslie Sansone DVD's - they're FABULOUS. I also got myself a resistance band. Great at-home, inexpensive strength training.

Make that commitment to yourself and your good health, and then there will be no excuses tolerated.

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far and I look forward to hearing of your continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11

Just start out easy as onderchic said I wouldn't jump into any of Jillian's tapes starting out. I tried a few when I started and only found that it discouraged me from working out. Just walk or find something you like to watch on tv and do your own workout at the same time, you can run/walk in place or do jumping jacks or anything your comfortable doing as long as your MOVING. Good luck!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #10  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyFl View Post
Just walk or find something you like to watch on tv and do your own workout at the same time, you can run/walk in place or do jumping jacks or anything your comfortable doing as long as your MOVING. Good luck!
I LOVE this idea. I can walk in place during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition tonight. I always feel like I need something like Extreme Makeover to be my guilty pleasure, so I can be guilty and good at the same time! AWESOME IDEA!!!!
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #11  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

As everyone else has said, I wouldn't start out with Jillian Michaels. She's tough, and it's not a great thing when your first starting out.

I have a used treadmill I prop up in front of my tv and I watch things i've recorded on the Tivo. before you know I know It, I've been on the things for like an hour (with the biggest loser usually 2)

I just recently started using dumbbells, and strength workouts, to work out my endurance.
do what you like, and whatever works out for you!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #12  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Don't be afraid to start small if you need to. One thing I would suggest is make sure you start working to a point where you can do strength training in addition to your cardio. Both of them work well alone, but they work even better together.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #13  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I use the Wii fit and other "games" for Wii for exercise every day!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #14  

okay so I took your advice and guess what? " I went out and bought me a wii fit plus" just because it had 15 more games . :Let me tell you I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT!!.. its great and the hula hoop sheesh! thats a good one huh? I loved it so much I ended up working out 33 min. my first tme..Thanks Guys..Im going nto love working out now..Im addicted to the game already!