Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:59 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Dec 8th!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!

Karen--the test took about 2 hrs...I got some great video on my tape..We turned the tape off though cuz the chest watching was just boring!!! I am not sure what a Nonstress test really is..I asked..they said they put these little things all over your stomach and everytime U feel a movement, U press a button and it counts the baby's heartbeat, movements, and monitors for contractions for the hour U R hooked up....THings are getting scarier, just knowing that I may have one more weekend and my life will never be the same again!!!

Tech-Glad to see U back!!! Hope the decorating went well!!!

Off for breakfast!!!My sugar was really low this morning soo I must eat!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 12-08-2002 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:11 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of *December 8th*

Good Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great day.

We got an inquiry from someone who would like to meet Tripper for possible adoption!! It's someone who already has a border collie mix, so I think they may know what they are getting into!!!
I'm going to call her later and arrange to take him to meet them. I hope he will be a good boy!!

I'm such a ninny. For some reason I get so nervous when I have to talk to someone I don't know on the phone. Wonder why that is? I mean, it's not like they are gonna reach through the phone and bite me or anything!!

Oh well, ninny's going to make the call. Have a great Sunday!!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- I was telling DH about your biophysical profile last night and your EDD, and he was like, that's another week!!! I was like, OMG, it didn't hit me!! You could be a mommy next week!!!

Went to a Christmas dinner at DH church last night. It was for all the people that do ministries. DH teaches CCD to the 3rd graders. It was totally NOT what I expected, whoever donated the money for that must be loaded, because it was really done nice. It was in the gym, but it was professionally catered and the food was out of this world....and tons of it! They even had a DJ and he started out playing Christmas music and stuff, then after dinner, he kicked into the regular stuff...first song was Old Time R&R by Bob Seger!! I was like, HUH!? LOL, we had a good time too, they even had our wedding song...which I was shocked, so we got to dance to that!! I feel totally hung over this AM though! DH was like, uh, I was the one drinking!! Didn't get to sleep until almost midnight, but I slept as crappy as usual.

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-09-2002, 07:33 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm soo tired...I feel like that's all I can say lately!! I'm just soo darn tired...I can't wait to get a good night's sleep!!

Karen- Hope things work out for Tripper. I actually had a dream the other night that my mom got a border collie, and I was soo excited because I had always wanted one!! She was soo cute too! It was very realistic. DH & I both want a dog soo bad...we have to perfect yard for it...but the house is just too tiny. Someday...

OK, where is everyone?!?! Come out, come out wherever you are!! Have a great day all!
Old 12-09-2002, 07:15 PM   #5  

Hi guys!! Wow, when it rains it pours!! We have another person interested in Tripper. We went all those weeks with no inquiries and now we have two!! The first couple is coming to meet him with their dog tomorrow night. The house is a wreck but I have decided not to care . We did list him with another rescue organization and they listed him on petfinder.com. I'm glad because I want him to have a home and not have to go to a shelter.

Lauren: I hear you about the small house thing. Our's is average but two large dogs is one too many!! Maybe a teacup poodle?

OK, gotta go look for a receipt. Our LaZBoy couch is broken so I gotta find the receipt and they'll fix it for free. Have a great evening all!!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:36 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!!!
Where is everyone???? I have accepted defeat and will work only 6 hr shifts the rest of the week totally in an office...Cannot take the pressure in the "area" any more..THings are getting really swollen due to her head sitting there and me being sooo short...I see the MD today at 2pm for a NST and exam and we will discuss our birth plan...I did a 12 hr shift yesterday..finishing up my second job, but cried when I got home cuz of the contractions and pressure pain..Dont get me wrong, I am still loving this pg, but I am ready to hold her and ready to stay pg all at the same time!!!! My emotions are really nutty~~~

Lauren--Did U find that seat???Maybe it is here--I could check????

Karen--Yeah on the dog!!!Did she/he get a home?????

Hello to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 12-10-2002, 12:36 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- Do you mean the carrier I was looking for? Yeah, DH found it at KMart online...of all places!! In fact he said his dad called him at work this AM to tell him it was delivered to their house, because DH never changed his address with the banK! Thanks for the offer though!
Take it easy and be happy with the 6 hr. shifts!! I honestly don't know how you do 12 hr. shifts, I barely make it through 8 hrs. of sitting at a desk all day!! Actually, I do know how you do it...you started out in much better shape than me!!

Karen- Nevermind the teacup poodle!! Having Zeus is enough!! And he's 10 lbs., so he's bigger than that! At least he's been a good boy though, no pooping outside the box in a couple weeks now!!

...still waiting for everyone else to come out of the woodwork!!...

Last edited by LBH; 12-10-2002 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:18 PM   #8  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

It's been so quiet I figured I better come out and say hello. Things food/weight wise are the same with me - I'm going up and down the same 5 pounds but I guess that's better than going up and up -which is what I used to do! I haven't gotten on the scale in a few days but I think I will tomorrow - we'll see where we're at. Sometimes I think I look okay and then I'll see a picture of myself and yeesh - not great!

It's been a tough time for me jobwise - through an acquisition quite a while ago I found out I would be losing my job at the end of the year so that's been tough. I would get a decent package but I've still been quite scared - I hate being unemployed. Now it seems possible that I might have found another position within the same company (very large Canadian insurance company) so that would be great. I'll keep you posted...

RR - you need to stop working!! It really sounds like it's time to relax and take care of yourself. Even the shorter shifts sound like too much right now but I think you said Friday was your last day? If so that's great - enjoy what might be the little time you have left of relative peace and quiet.

Lauren - I hope you're also getting your rest and taking care of yourself. All the baby shopping sounds like fun!

Karen - Good luck with the dog!

Hi to all the fellow lurkers out there - come out and say hello - I did
Old 12-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!!! Well, Tripper's meeting with the other family had to be moved to Sunday. We totally forgot that DH's company Christmas party was tonight!! They were nice about it so that was OK!!

Maybe no one is talking because they are afraid of pg germs???? I promise to stop talking so much pg stuff if you come back..........

Lauren: ROFLMAO!! Actually we had a toy poodle one time and he wasn't so bad. He lived outside (by HIS preference, not ours) and looked like a minature sheep dog. He thought he was a cat. The cat would have kittens and he would lay out on his side with the kittens all curled up by his stomach. He was a total cutie.

RR: Stay home and REST. I agree with the others, this may be your last chance. I'm so excited for you!!

OK, Tripper has a vet appt tonight so I gotta go. Have a super evening!!
Old 12-10-2002, 04:52 PM   #10  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Been on the computer all day so if this doesn't make much sense that's why. I've been updating my web-page. Need to do that more than once every 4-6 months and it won't take so long. Still need to add the pics from our last vacation and move off some of the wedding junk, but I'm beat, maybe next week.

Anywaw, didn't get the lights out Sat. we sat here playing on the internet most of the day. But K put them out Sunday when I was at work. He is such a sweetie.

We've got WW tonight. I'm not really excited, TOM is due any day and I'm feeling really fat and bloated. Oh well, what's new.

RR - hope your doctor's visit went well. Only one week to go . It doesn't seem that long ago you were wishing you were PG.

Karen - don't worry about the pg talk. I'm sure it's not contagious (sp?) famous last words right . Hope the new home for Tripper works out.

Lauren - The party sounds like it was fun. You'd be suprised at how much fun a Catholic Church function could be. Remember it was Catholic monks who invented Champgne, and perfected bottled beer.

Elise - Hope the job situation works out. I know what you mean about the same 5 lbs. Although it's closer to 10 for me.

Hope you all have a great day.

- Tech
Old 12-10-2002, 08:39 PM   #11  

MD appointment was disappointing...Ms Kaylee is not doing anything to get out!!!! No dilation, no softening...no nothing!!!The hospital is booked for inductions until THursday...soo incase I dont go into labor...it will be Dec 19th..I go in at 4am and they will induce...She said that my weight gain was perfect, no swelling, diabetes totally controlled..baby still under 8 lbs...there was no need to rush things and just to let nature take its course!!!(No offence Tech)---but----I think being Half engineer..she has that brain and is analyzing my uterus and cervix and is not finished yet soo she is bucking the system!!!! soooooo..all this pressure and back pain is nothing??????????

Take care!!!!
V
Old 12-11-2002, 02:21 PM   #12  

popping in to say hi.

Elisa - good luck with the job situation! nice to hear from you.

Can't believe how time is flying - Christmas will be here before we know it. I need to get all of my packages mailed tomorrow. I guess I should start making those cookies for that cookie exchange I'm going to . . .

Tomorrow night is my first weigh in at ww. I'm really glad I went ahead and joined now instead of waiting until the holidays were over.

have a great day.

Rabbit
Old 12-11-2002, 03:28 PM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm here just hanging out feeling sorry for myself because I feel like crap! I want Petey to be here NOW, I don't want to do this for 5 more wks.!!

It's a crappy rainy, cold day out. Supposed to be ice storm-ish, but I don't know that it is...I don't see ice out there, just rain.

I just wanna go on STD and be home.... There's my cheery update for the day. Hope everyone else is good!!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #14  

Hi all,

Lauren: It must be this weather!! It's enough to make anyone depressed. My older dog is being a total witch to the puppy, I think it's affecting her too!! Petey will be here in just 5 weeks!! Wow, can you believe that!! I can't wait until I can say that. 4 months seems so long to me..........

RR: Sorry missy isn't making any arrival plans. Maybe she's waiting for Saint Nick!!

Tech: Good luck at WW tonight. Hope things go down for you and not up!!

Rabbit: I'm with you, I finished my shopping ages ago but now I have to get the stuff in the mail. I've been lazy about that. I just realized today that Christmas is only two weeks away!! Yikes!!

OK, gonna go soak in a warm bath. Hope you have a great evening!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:57 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

It's early yet, but I think I'm feeling a little bit better than yesterday. My back doesn't hurt quite as bad as usual either. It didn't hurt yesterday when I woke up, and I realized that I took a couple Tylenol before bed Tuesday night, so maybe that helped. Took some last night too...wish I had thought of that sooner!

Anyway, Maybe I will get to work early today and get a lot accomplished! Oh wait, I can't, I have a midwife appt. at 9:00...hmm, well, hopefully that'll go good.

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread