Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default flu!

Pretty sure I have some sort of flu, except I have been throwing up and have NO appetite. I also have a fever and some pretty intense body aches and chills. Does the flu normally involve getting sick to the stomach?
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

From what I understand that is like one of the characterisics of the flu, like what separates it from a general cold. Maybe take some pepto? Idk if that would help, I hope you feel better soon!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #3  

Sounds like the flu! Remember to take meds! When suffering from a sick stomach, stick to the clear diet. If you can see through it, then you can eat it (broth based soups, jello, etc.) and doughnuts do not count.

Feel better soon!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #4  

h1n1 presents this way.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  

Sounds like the flu. Take care of yourself peachy! Drink lots of liquids.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #6  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I have been in bed since last Tuesday. Just now getting out. H1n1 is going gangbusters around here and only pregnant mothers and kids are able to get the shot (even then, there are shortages).

I had fever, chills, major aches & pains, headache, weakness and very sore throat. My doc gave me this liquid with lidocaine and maalox in it so I could keep liquids down (throat hurt so bad that I couldn't swallow without gagging!)

My fever was high and staying that way so off I went to the doc to be safe. My fever is gone now but I have a deep cough that I can't kick. Flu season is such fun!

I'm not sure how this is impacting my diet. My weighing day is Sunday and I've gained FOUR POUNDS since my last weigh-in. Since I've been sick and hardly eating a thing, this makes no sense. However, I do know that retaining fluids and such can cause crazy flucuations on the scale. I'm not going to worry about it and see what happens on my next weigh-in. I'm just bummed that I can't exercise - even the yoga child's pose made me lose my breath!

Good Health to you & feel better!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I hope you feel better soon
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #8  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I just took a look at the symptoms for flu last night on flu.gov:

http://www.flu.gov/individualfamily/...oms/index.html

Nausea/vomiting seems to indicate swine flu (H1N1) rather than the seasonal flu this year. I also just saw a report on the news that said the seasonal flu really hasn't hit yet and probably won't until December/January. So if you have flu symptoms now, it is highly likely that it is H1N1 since it is widespread now. Most people are recovering just fine at home. But if I were you, I would go to the doc as a precaution. See if he/she thinks you should take the antiviral they are giving for it (Tamiflu or Relenza)... especially if you are in one of the high risk groups (kids age 6-24, pregnant women, anyone with a condition that makes recovery more difficult (ie. asthma).)

I hope you are feeling better soon!!!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

There's also the possibility of stomach flu, or food poisoning. If you have that achy feeling and a fever, that's more like a seasonal flu, or I think H1N1.

Last edited by paris81; 10-25-2009 at 09:03 PM.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/245/220 (10%)

Height: 5'7"

Different flus affect different parts of the system and, of course, different people can react in their own ways to the various strains. Rest, drink lots of fluids and I hope you feel better soon.
DarkAspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #11  

I have no idea what it is! I am not nauseated/vomiting anymore, but my appetite is quite small. I don't have a fever anymore, but I am still a little achy and my head hurts if I move it too fast. But other than that, vast improvement. And I wooshed down a lot this week!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote