Old 10-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #1  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Lightbulb Wow...

So I had a couple of really stressful days this past week and I noticed that I was absolutely starting to crave chocolate and carbs the more stressed out I got each day. Somehow, though, I managed to stave off the worst of my cravings and stay on track until my "off day", which was today.

And today was my little sister's Halloween party. I'm pretty lenient on myself if it's an off day for me AND a holiday, so you can imagine the JUNK I ate today. Yeah, massive amounts of chips, dips, cookies , candy , and pizza right along the sides of 11 and 12 year old girls who have the metabolisms of cheetahs. It was great actually. Great because I don't do it often, and great because I know I'm not tempted to do it often.

However, one thing I noticed after all this...... I got so absolutely crazily tired... no, exhausted, I couldn't believe it! I slept well last night, I didn't have much to do all day until the party (I was the gypsy fortuneteller for the party).... yet why was I so darned sluggish, out of it, and tired??

Then it hit me.... all that sugar (which my body isn't used to anymore), all that grease, all those unneeded carbs..... my body was either in shock or in overdrive trying to process all of it! I mean, even my brain felt foggy.

It makes me wonder how in the heck I EVER flippin' lived that way before, eating all that crap! No wonder I walked around feeling like there was a permanent fog in my brain....

Talk about hindsight...

Last edited by starfishkitty; 10-25-2009 at 02:30 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Well, at least hindsight is 20/20, right?
About three weeks into my diet, I had Taco Bell...stayed within my WW Point range, but I had the same thing happen to me. I felt so disgusting the whole evening it just wasn't worth it.
Its amazing what our bodies can do when they are properly nourished!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

if I have anything with too much oil these days I am ill within an hour of eating it (usually less).

By ill mean cannot be outside 5 paces of the nearest toilet. My body really really dislikes greasy/oily food! But its only in the last few years since I stopped eating it.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #4  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

What an awesome thing to happen to you. I mean, it just shows you how healthy you are these days! You should pat yourself on the back
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

i had something similar happen me yesterday. i went to kfc and had a wrap, which i had the ww points for, but omg i felt absolutely horrible after it. my stomach cramped up and i felt dizzy. and i realised, like you, my body was just going crazy trying to process it because its so unused to it!

i think we both learned a really good lesson! i know i wont be rushing to the junk anytime soon!
i hope next week is alot less stressful for you hun.
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #6  

Height: 6-1.5

After being on a "clean" diet, all that sugar/fat/white flour really feels like a drug dosen't it? There are biologists and nutritionists out there saying this stuff is posion! I tend to agree with them.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh that sugar/carb induced fog... Yuck. No wonder I had to stretch out on that couch without fail every afternoon about 3:00. I was worthless. No wonder my energy level SOARED with I quit the stuff. No wonder my productivity level sky rocketed when I stopped using...

Sugar=Poison. Sugar=Poison. Sugar=Poison.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #8  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 250/250/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Amanda,
I saw you are going to India..land of the tiny people..good for you and your weight loss..have to tell you..I went on an airplane a couple of weeks ago and had to get an 'extender' seat belt..very embarrassing..looks like you won't need one of those..and yes, your body is telling you..'don't eat that junk'..or i won't be nice to you..lol..Good luck on your journey..
Jennifer
jenichip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #9  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Seriously!

I actually had a stomach ache all night from it... I kinda felt like I was 8 years old again after waaaaay too much Halloween candy!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote