Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #1  
Ceci n'est pas une fille.

S/C/G: 175/130/115

Height: 5'4

Default Down a size + a revelation :]

I have to say I'm a little disheartened. I posted an intro today and no welcomes or words of encouragement. I promise I'm not a terrible person! Anyways, its ok because I am now a steady US size 6!! I cleaned out my closets and threw away all of my clothing that was any larger than an 8! It felt so good. I also threw out any thing smaller than a 4. I'm flushing my unrealistic body image goals down the toilet, along with my fashion magazines etc. This is a HUGE thing for me in my recovery. I'm so ready to be healthy and happy and inspire young girls to be the same way.
Ma Petite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's exciting. I was planning to do that this summer, but got off track and I'm back/still in my 8's. Good work
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #3  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Thats great that your are reinforcing your new thought patterns with solid behavior! Congrats on your loss so far.
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

way to go girlfriend!
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

woot woot! I bet that feels great!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Congratulations on your new attitude and outlook on becoming healthy in a realistic, attainable way - so many of us struggle with that concept. Also congrats on your success so far - you are well on your way to reaching your goal!

P.S. A lot of us don't log on until later in the evening or late night - so you'll see a lot of posting at that time - I know I saw your intro & posted just a little while ago - so always give a full day for all of us to check in.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #7  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

WTG on making those changes in your life...Your well on your way to a healthy new you Grats on the size 6!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Well done and a belated welcome!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

wow -- look slike you started about where I am -- in 170s and you are where my goal is to be 140s. Its amazing. Tell us some important tips and pointers that helped you make it through. How long did it take you to get to 140 from 170?? did you do any diet pills or the master detox or the fat slash whtever thing??

Did you ever experiment with diet pills??? I am asking because I once tried diet pills. It was in 2008. Not only did I NOT lose the weight but when I stopped them I gained like 10 lbs more. And I am stuck here ever since. I used to be in like 164-166 but now I am 10lbs more.

The diet pills I was trying was suppose to make your skin better but that one gave be dark blemishes.

Anyways. So what kinda stuff did you do. Just some pointers which made it easier for you to make it through the rigorous dieting and exercising you much have done.
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Whoooo Hooo!! And A Big Welcome!!..
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #11  
Ceci n'est pas une fille.

S/C/G: 175/130/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth View Post
wow -- look slike you started about where I am -- in 170s and you are where my goal is to be 140s. Its amazing. Tell us some important tips and pointers that helped you make it through. How long did it take you to get to 140 from 170?? did you do any diet pills or the master detox or the fat slash whtever thing??

Did you ever experiment with diet pills??? I am asking because I once tried diet pills. It was in 2008. Not only did I NOT lose the weight but when I stopped them I gained like 10 lbs more. And I am stuck here ever since. I used to be in like 164-166 but now I am 10lbs more.

The diet pills I was trying was suppose to make your skin better but that one gave be dark blemishes.

Anyways. So what kinda stuff did you do. Just some pointers which made it easier for you to make it through the rigorous dieting and exercising you much have done.
Hello and thank you for your sweet welcome and questions!

After I went in to recovery for anorexia, I developed a binge eating disorder and gained up to 170. That was last December. I felt a wonderful new freedom and really felt like this go at recovery was going to stick(and it has!!). I did, however, have a really hard time adjusting to my new, bigger body, and decided that for me, I would definitely need to make some changes so I wouldnt get overwhelmed and relapse again. I started out very small, by cutting my calories from 2000/ day to 1500 and I started running 3 days per week. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months just by doing that. I gave myself some time to adjust to my body image, to allow myself to see the changes, etc so things wouldnt become obsessive again. I maintained 155 until last June when I decided to start working towards my goal again. I added another day of running and also started belly dancing. I didn't cut my calories anymore, but I started spreading them out more evenly through the day and ate more protein than carbs. That is what I did until recently, when I hit the 140s. I lowered my calories a little more, which has put me at my current weight of 138-140. I'm actually pretty happy with my body right now so I am not in much hurry to lose these last few pounds.

I didnt really follow a diet plan, I just ate foods I liked and that were relatively healthy. I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful! If you have any more questions feel free to ask
Ma Petite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome! Congrats on losing a size--always a good thing!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Petite View Post
Hello and thank you for your sweet welcome and questions!

After I went in to recovery for anorexia, I developed a binge eating disorder and gained up to 170. That was last December. I felt a wonderful new freedom and really felt like this go at recovery was going to stick(and it has!!). I did, however, have a really hard time adjusting to my new, bigger body, and decided that for me, I would definitely need to make some changes so I wouldnt get overwhelmed and relapse again. I started out very small, by cutting my calories from 2000/ day to 1500 and I started running 3 days per week. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months just by doing that. I gave myself some time to adjust to my body image, to allow myself to see the changes, etc so things wouldnt become obsessive again. I maintained 155 until last June when I decided to start working towards my goal again. I added another day of running and also started belly dancing. I didn't cut my calories anymore, but I started spreading them out more evenly through the day and ate more protein than carbs. That is what I did until recently, when I hit the 140s. I lowered my calories a little more, which has put me at my current weight of 138-140. I'm actually pretty happy with my body right now so I am not in much hurry to lose these last few pounds.

I didnt really follow a diet plan, I just ate foods I liked and that were relatively healthy. I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful! If you have any more questions feel free to ask
Thanks a lot for your reply.

It was actually quite helpful. You did it in a great way. Usually people start working out but then plateau after a certain weightloss. They dont realize that they need to up the notch a bit to lose more. My issue was just to know how and when to up the notch and by how much. But I like your idea of adding another day to running and belly dancing. and in teh 3rd stage cutting more calories. Yeah I think i take about 1500 calories a day too right now and work out 4 times a week, jus running.

Thanks a lot!
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Bravo on realizing at what point you can be happy with yourself. I am slowly beginning to accept the fact that a size 0 or 2 isn't still too fat for me and am trying to maintain my weight around 115. I was so excited that I could shop in the little girls section of the store recently, then it dawned on me...I am not 13 years old, I am almost 45 and maybe this isn't such a good thing. I still drop below and go slightly above 115 lbs, but its getting easier by just eating healthy foods and no junk. So many of us seem to have issues related to clothing sizes around here. Damn fashion magazines and tv!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote