Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In your immediate family, who has a weight problem (check all that apply)
My spouse 2 9.52%
One of my parents 3 14.29%
Both of my parents 2 9.52%
One sibling 4 19.05%
2 or more siblings 1 4.76%
One grandparent 1 4.76%
More than one grandparent 4 19.05%
One child 1 4.76%
More than one child 1 4.76%
Just me - wow, just my luck! 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:48 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 12/9-12/15

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22618

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 12-09-2002, 06:49 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's three to read

STICK IT OUT

Keep going. You've come all this way, invested irreplacable time. Don't stop now. Each moment brings you closer and closer to the success you desire. Each action ensures that you will get there that much sooner.

Have you ever wondered how many people give up when they are just a week, or a month away from finally succeeding? What a shame! What a waste!

Keep on going. Determination will prevail over any obstacle. Consistent effort will win out over genius, luck and talent. When things get difficult, it's probably because you're starting to make a difference. Continue doing it. Keep up the effort. You'll soon be there.

-- Ralph Marston
ENERGY OF FRUSTRATION

Within every frustration is the power to move forward. After all, you could not be frustrated if you did not also know for certain that things could indeed be better.

The more frustrated you feel, the more you are ready, willing and able to move beyond that frustration with positive and effective action. Though it may be quite painful, frustration also is a powerful motivator.

Frustration has its positive, empowering elements as well as its negative, dismaying ones. Remove the resentment and self pity from your frustration, and what you have left is pure, positive energy. Remove the anger and the blame, and you uncover drive, ambition, persistence. Not only can frustration spur you into action and keep you going, it can do so in ways that enable you to clearly focus on what needs to be done.

When there is frustration, there is opportunity. Where there is frustration, there is an underlying positive energy that's anxious to spring into action. Don't let your frustration get the best of you or get you down. Instead, know that it's positively compelling you to move forward, and make use of the considerable energy that your frustration gives you to do just that.

-- Ralph Marston

Are you on fire for your dream? Is it the first thing you think of in the morning and the last thing you think of at night? It should be. Keeping your dream in the forefront of your mind keeps it in the forefront of your life. And this in turn builds
your enthusiasm for reaching your goals. In short, don't slack
off in visualizing your happiness. Get totally involved in the
process of creating your happiness by starting from within.
Believe in yourself and your dream. Visualize your happiness.
Do it. Every day.

Edel Jarboe
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-09-2002, 08:20 AM   #3  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking MONDAY, MONDAY!!

TOP OF THE MORNIN' TO YA SUGAR FREE SWEETIES!!

MEL, YEAH!!!! HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!!! When/Where are you flying in?? What do you need?? Details.....we want details!! Oh, I can't tell you how happy I am to get to meet you!

RONNIE - It is like a group of people in a room with conversation going on. Just jump in anytime. NOthing is too stupid or silly to say. You can reply to someone in particular or no one in particular - makes no difference to us, we just like to hear from each other. We do become like family, though. (just a warning ) In fact, in January a group of us are meeting in Orlando to cheer on MEL and DEBBIE in the WDW HALF MARATHON! We're going to feast on SB Legal foods at my house on Friday, play together on Saturday and LEAD CHEERS for MEL and DEB on Sunday! It will be a full week-end.

Sunday was our first EARTHDOG competition with Vixen. They dig these tunnels in the ground and put rats in a cage at one end of the tunnel and you put the dog in at the other end and he has to smell his way to the rats and then bark, scratch, growl, otherwise annoy the rats (which he can't get to) for 30-90 seconds, depending on the level your dog is at. The courses are also more comoplex as the levels get more complex. Well, Vixen has never seen a rat, much less smelled one before, but she knew the judge (her breeder) and chose to try to play with Teri rather than go into some dark hole for some smelly rats.

We hung out all day with some great people and dogs. BOB, there were lots of variations of SKEETER there - long haired ones, short haired ones, wire haired ones....WEINERS EVERYWHERE! (None as cute as SKEETER, though!) A tired puppy is a good puppy and this one slept all the way home, all night long and went into her crate without even being asked this morning to sleep some more. I'm scared to see her when I get home after re-charging her batteries.

CHRIS - I can't see your gingerbread masterpieces. I am sad. I'm sure they are beeee-you--teeeee-fullllll!

I have to get busy and get some work done. I'll try to check in later.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:35 AM   #4  

Morning!
Today is going to be hellacious. It is my oldest's birthday...and he gave me a multicourse dinner menu he wants tonight! I have to go shopping, and bake a cake and then cook all this stuff! After the busy weekend, I really wanted to just rest and read today. There is no rest for the wicked....

Speaking of wicked, I did not stick to my no starchy carb servings over the weekend, and bingo, the pounds popped back on and brought a friend! I don't have time today to be discouraged. I have too much to do! Maybe I will fall apart tomorrow...

SOL: I don't blame your puppy for not wanting to dig a hole and go after a couple smelly rats! Can't wait until January! We are hoping to make it in early enough on Friday to make the get together at your house.

Ok, off to shop and cook and clean....any one free today, come on over and help!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:36 AM   #5  
Mel

Default Monday

That MM Frustration post really hit home. I've been so frustrated for the last 6 months or so, making what seems like NO progress. Just can't shake these last 10 pounds of fat no matter what I do. And I was up 3 pounds this morning, despite eating OP all weekend and a 5 1/2 mile run on Saturday. Grrrrrr.....

Sol- I'm excited too! I'm flying into Orlando Thursday evening, will rent a car and hopefully stay at the same hotel at Deb's Discount Rate. Then flying out mid-morning on Monday. Staying the extra 2 nights was far cheaper than the much higher airfare for more convenient dates. I'm trying to get into running condition in 5 very short weeks now! I've been doing a lot of bodybuilding type lifting, but not much running. Don't want Deb to have to drag me the last 5 miles

Monet- Can't he take a raincheck on the dinner???? You still sound exhausted. I know it's a tradition (we do the same thing here), but really, you're still sick. Surely he's old enough to realize that waiting a few days for you to recuperate will not scar him for life. And if it does, tell him to "save it for his therapist!" Sometimes YOU have to come first.

Chris- I can see your gingerbread houses, they are gorgeous. I've been to the show at Peddlers' Village, maybe I've seen them in the flesh, so to speak.

Linworth- My dd lives in a townhouse in Olentangy Commons. Palatial for student housing, as far as I'm concerned. But the house she was going to live in off High St. got burglarized last year while one of the girls was at home, and there was a rape in the alley behind the house. All the girls were petrified to live there again. Joys of an urban campus! Plus, I was just as happy to have her further away from N. High St! She lived on north campus her freshman year and hated it- made no friends except the lacrosse team and some ice hoceky players. For some reason that year, they put some of the atheletes and all of the international students on north campus, and it was not a good mix. Apparently, south campus is the place to be for freshman. I'm sure your son is enjoying it.

Good morning everyone else! Gotta go to work.

mel
Old 12-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Whew! It's been a rough morning. Woke up and as usual on Monday mornings I come straight to the computer to get the new weekly board up and running. I couldn't get on line, and when I did, AOL wouldn't fully load. It took me over a half an hour and lots of cursing at a piece of garbage to finally get the board up. I didn't have time to post the poll until later it took me so long! Needless to say I will be working on hooking up the new computer to the phone line sometime in the next day or so, until then, bear with me!

Made myself get out and walk/jog today. I wasn't really motivated to go along with it being hot, humid, threat of rain, very windy, warm body still lying in bed, etc. etc. but out I went and it wasn't all that bad. Just didn't want to start the week off the wrong way. It's raining here now, so got it done just in time.

I have lots to do this week, basically, it's going to be lots of housework. I REALLY have to get things in order for not only obvious reasons of TRISH, MELF & ROSE coming in next month, but also because I just found out my cousin Richard and his girlfriend are coming in the 28th and are probably going to stay with us while they are here, having all the family come over NY Day for lunch, that's about 30 people (this time I don't plan to start a fire in the stove like last year!) PLUS, I am going to have a garage sale on Dec. 21st to get rid of all the stuff I just HAD to have and now need to get rid of for one reason or another (hoping to make some money for O-town!). Geez, could you imagine if I had to contend with Xmas as well - forgettaboutit! I'd really been looney! Really, I need this boost to get me going in the house-it seems to get worse before it ever gets better!

ALSO, this Thursday I made an appt to get my hair done. It's about time. Last time was the first week in March. Needless to say, the gray hairs are popping out all over the place, the roots need to be replanted and my split ends give my frizzy hair that extra special frizzy touch, and the length is WAY too long. I plan to go much more blond and above my shoulder.

At off plany from Friday til last night-trust me, you don't want to know. Back on track today for sure-this I can attest to! Just let all caution be thrown to the wind over the 3 days. See, I can't do 3 hours, 3 days is more my style!

I'm too far behind to try and catch up from the weekends posts, so I hope you all forgive me and understand while I start this week anew.

SOL, I've never heard of such a competition. I don't blame VIXEN for wanting to play instead of going after a rat! I'm hoping you will order us up some wonderful weather in O-town next month! I can't wait to see you (and Vince, of course) and to meet Vixen! Do you remember anything from last year we said were good ideas to do that we saw, like the cowbells, stuff like that?

MONET, sounds like your DS thinks you've recuperated 100%! Don't over do it!!! Sorry, no reason to fall apart over a temp. weight gain, doesn't help. Just eat like you should be and be patient. When we start cutting corners, this is when you see stuff like this possibly happen. I've done it too and just as you, the pounds I lost quickly came right back on just as quick.

MEL, drag you! LOL!!:lo: Yeah, right! You are in far better shape than I will ever be. I'm hoping that I can keep up with you. I'll be in touch with you soon, have a few questions for you about the T-shirts.

CHRIS, I was able to see your webpage and my gosh girl, you are SO artistic! What a wonderful job you do! I would love to see your candles next!

Well, I'm going to fly for now. I want to get at least something accomplished in the house before I have to leave to run a few errands before getting the kids today.

Have a great week everyone!

Debbie
194/I don't want to know/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-09-2002, 11:33 AM   #7  

OOPS! I made a boo-boo with the poll. Can't pick more than one answer, but trying to see if I can change the options, so bear with me!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:30 PM   #8  

Good monday morning everyone. I'm baking cookies as we speak for a group I belong to--we will give them to the freshmen on campus. I'm trying to chew gum to avoid tasting the dough, but I have had way too many bites. I can't completely get on track. I keep trying-that's all we can do. Did do taebo gold this a.m.-light workout for me, but all I could muster for a Monday morning.
Mel-Olentangy Commons is very close to where I lived most of my life. It is so pretty and it seems to be kept up very well. I don't blame your dd for wanting to move. I hope OSU can improve the area around campus--it used to not be bad when I was young and I know the university is trying to upgrade things. Did I tell you my ds plays lacrosse-I'm trying to get a team going in SC, mainly because he loves it soo much. I know what you mean about the weight coming on so fast--I am also very discouraged today about my weight. Sometimes I feel like "Why try" since I don't seem to lose.
Debbie-I hope you get your computer hooked up today. What a frustrating morning for you-is that why the Marston post about frustration Thanks for leading us along. Good luck on the house too-a garage sale sounds very ambitious.
Sol-The competition sounds like a lot of fun!!
BOB-Was it you who bought pants 2 sizes smaller than your last-that is phenomenal!
I'll check in later.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:32 PM   #9  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING TO ALL

Well I'm back and I'm not going to take time to sit and think about the last wk. I'm just going forward from here. I need to start getting the house ready for Christmas, and when DH comes home next wk end I want it clean and ready for him to put up my christmas village. I have so many houses that he has to build me a special table for it all. I must get into this christmas season some how. Would like to be up lifting for the GrandKids and DD.

And as for being OP I'm doing my best now. Last wk was then this is now and here I go, right back on track, I couldn't do it without you all, thanks for the Support.

Ronnie: Welcome to the board, this is a group that will be there for you through thick and thin, Were all in the same board and were here to cheer each other through it. So WELCOME

Well I must run got lots to do. Starting with my room so that I can store stuff in there. I have too much stuff and not enough room that happens in a Modular home, No garage no storage.

Bye and love to all Glory
Old 12-09-2002, 12:42 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone.

Well, the party Friday night was a huge success, thank you very much. Food was great, but there was a little too much wine at our table if you know what I mean.

Went out Saturday and Sunday to do Chrismas shopping, boy was it a zoo. I did get a lot done, though. Still have a ton left to do.

Better run. I have to leave and go to Seth's DARE graduation. Will try and post more later.

Trish
Old 12-09-2002, 12:45 PM   #11  

Ronnie, please jump in any time. It is a little intimidating at first, but we really don't bite. As you can see, everyone posts differently. If you don't have the time or inclination to reply individually, don't worry about it.

LKF - Where are you????

Trish
Old 12-09-2002, 02:31 PM   #12  

I'm huffing and puffing trying to catch the wagon. I had a horrible weekend as far as eating goes and I haven't gotten off to a good start today. Too many goodies in the workroom. Now I feel crappy mentally and physically.

Went shopping with my sister Sat. and had a great time. Managed to get nearly all the things on my list. She went back Sun morning before church to get something I wanted for James that came in on the truck Sat night. Just a few odds and ends to pick up and I'll be done.

RONNIE: Welcome to the board.

GLORY: Good to see you back. You're Christmas village sounds wonderful. We're putting the tree up this afternoon. Had plans to this weekend but just never had enough time.

DEBBIE: I noticed after I tried to choose two answers that it didn't work out that way. Only one of them showed up. Good luck with your new puter. I'm looking forward to when we can get one.

MONET: Don't overdo and have a set back.

Oops. Time for class. Later
Old 12-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #13  

Hi,

My daughter just left and I am tired but happy that she helped me get so much shopping done. I still have some more presents to buy but I don't feel such pressure now. The first full day of shopping I did not wear my brace and my shoulder was really hurting. I did wise up and put the brace on and felt much better the second and third day of shopping.

I am so excited about the trip to Debbie's and then on to Orlando. I just heard that Trish is also on board and I think more of you should sign up to make an even a bigger party. It is going to be such fun!

Solshine: Can you believe that this is really going to happen?

Debbie: If you would just wait until we all got to your house to clean, we could just take an hour out and it would all be done at once. Doesn't that sound good for us to share the cleaning time? NO? Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing you.

My husband says he is ready to run some errands, so, I'd better scoot for now and I will reply to others later.

Lyn
Old 12-09-2002, 05:38 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SOGGY MONDAY AFTERNOON!!!!

It's raining buckets over here on the WEST COAST OF FLA!!!
We're supposed to get two to three inches with the rain gettin heavier later on. I needed to get out there and buy wrapping paper, but there was no way I was getting wet for that...will just have to wrap faster tomorrow!

LIN...yes, TWO SIZES SMALLER FOR BOB!!! I've always worn smaller sizes in pants due to having no butt, but having gained this weight that I didn't plan on gaining, my stomach got bigger and I had to go bigger in the pants department!
So YES@!!!! I'm excited!!!

MEL....good going on the good airfare! I don't think there will be any problem in your getting the rate on Thursday night.. They are really nice people that run this hotel and besides...you'll get the breakfast buffet the next morning! Can't wait to see you!

MONET....lock that child in his room!!!! Doesn't he realize that you've been sick and confined to bed for the last six weeks?????

DEB...GET THAT COMPUTER HOOKED UP!!!!!

ROSE...can't wait to meet you...won't be long now!!

MISSY...if you're lurking....DEBBIE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!!! Just be sure ...and make sure that you be really careful when you get up the first time....remember, your balance will be off big time!!! You might fall over...happened to a friend of mine....

MUSIC...the wagon is down for repairs....look for the sleigh...it will be along!!!

TRISH...glad your party went well...be careful out in the mobs!!!

I'm off to feed the FURBABY!!!

BOB
Old 12-09-2002, 10:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi

I'm a newbie and thought I would try this. I really need to eliminate the extra sugar.
Closed Thread