Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #1  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

Talking new here thinking about curves

I am currently thinking about joining curves and would like any current or former members opinions on curves, I would really appreciate it
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #2  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I havnt joined but my aunt used to do go and absolutely loved it (and she lost quite a bit of weight). Im not sure if their hours would work for me...hmph.
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #3  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

thats a good start i am fortunate to work m-f 8am-5pm
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I was a Curves member for quite awhile. It's only 30 minutes and if you commit to 3-4 days a week (plus changing your diet**), you'll definitely see some weight drop off. After awhile, though, I found the routine way too tedious and lost interest. I joined the YMCA which has a circuit kind of like curves, but also the added benefit of a bunch of cardio machines, free weights, pool, etc. so I don't get bored. Overall, I think Curves is a great jump start to getting back into exercise if you haven't been participating in any activities for awhile.

**My Curves did not push a change in diet until after the 1st month of working out. After 1 month, I think I only lost about 2 inches overall and 1 lb. even though I was working out 3-4 days a week, religiously. It was disheartening to say the least. But after I started on their low carb plan, I was losing 2 lbs a week and the only exercise I was doing at that time was Curves 3 days a week so what I was eating was making a HUGE difference. Just wanted to mention this I really believe that what you EAT is much more important than the exercises you are doing. Don't get me wrong, it's a combo of both exercise & diet, but exercise alone did not help me while working out at Curves.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just pm me.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote