Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Default So mad at myself - binge last night.

Everything had been going well - 2 weeks counting calories, gym almost every day, down 3.5 lbs. So last night I didn't get home until almost 8, then had to meet with contractor, supervise my son's homework, bake muffins for an office thing, cook lunches for the week, and put in an hour or two on the computer for work. Impossible, right? Yes. Didn't cook my healthy meals, didn't work, so now I'm behind. What I DID do was taste 1/4-1/2 of each of the three kinds of muffins I made. And a cupcke I had made Sunday which I'd been able to resist no problem. And then for some reason a dish of ice cream, a glass of wine, and a glass of OJ. Ugh!

So trying to be calm and rational - would have to estimate it at 1,000 calories, which actually puts me at 2,075 for the day. My daily goal is 1,200. What gets me mad is that I wasn't even hungry and I didn't enjoy any of it. I was in the middle of eating the cupcake and thinking that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be - really wish I could have stopped myself. And I know it's not real, but I was up 1.5 lbs. on the scale this morning.

Anyway, that's my confession for the day. Back to work to make up what I missed last night, and stuck with boring food for the day since I didn't cook.

Thanks for letting me vent.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It happens, tired, overwhelmed, it's life.

Get back in the saddle, and use what you learned about days like that, to help you out next time.

Besides, you're about 600 cals. over for the day, over a 7 day week, that's a bit less than 100/day. Easy to make up for.

shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

You will be okay..dont be so hard on yourself just pick back up today where you left off on your goal..We all have times like this but you just have to jump back on the saddle..Good Luck!
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Aww hun, we've all been there! Like the others said, don't be so hard on yourself. Just take a deep breath, and remember--that was yesterday and today is a brand new day!

Last edited by iDream; 10-20-2009 at 09:04 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
It happens, tired, overwhelmed, it's life.

Get back in the saddle, and use what you learned about days like that, to help you out next time.

Besides, you're about 600 cals. over for the day, over a 7 day week, that's a bit less than 100/day. Easy to make up for.

I agree with this. No need to beat yourself up. You've acknowledged it now it's time to dust yourself off and get back on that saddle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

natamars,

You know I can so identify with you saying it didn't taste as good as you thought it would. I find the same exact thing to be true with so many things. Before I started my journey food was so paramount to me--the least of which was nutritional value. Now and again I will catch myself thinking about an item--I have indulged a few times and just catch myself thinking, "this isn't as great as I remembered." I don't know if it's my tastebuds or if I have become more picky in general since I have made this shift to whole foods. But yeah, I understand what you mean.

You could try to cut back today just sticking to your lean proteins and veggies. You could also try to get in some extra cardio. In the very least though, get right back on the wagon. Set yourself for success--prepare your healthy fair and move on.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There is so much to be learned during this journey. I'm over 3 years in and I'm still learning things. Please look at any so-called mistakes as learning experiences - and learn from them.

And without a doubt, home-baked goods are my very biggest weaknesses. And let me tell you having been 287 lbs at only 5 feet tall, I had lots of them. Certainly I've got a HUGE handle on them now, but home-baked goods - STILL a big, gigantic temptation. In fact, the year I was losing, I didn't even attempt it for months in.

What matters the most after a "slip-up" is what you do AFTER WARDS. Don't let it spiral out of control. Keep it an isolated event.

And you worrying me about the boring foods. IMO eating delicious foods, NON-BORING ones, is one huge key to success. If the ON-PLAN foods that we eat are delicious and tasty and no hardship to eat, then there is no reason to go off plan. So do some planning AHEAD and have great foods on hand. Learn. Learn. Learn. It does take some time though. You will get this all figured out. Your food and your plan will evolve as you go along. Learn. Learn. Learn.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-20-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: major typo
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, guys - feel so much better and all your words help more than you can know. Back on track today with yogurt and high-fiber cereal for breakfast, and lots of herbal tea. And tonight I WILL cook so I have some non-boring food for the rest of the week. I had no time this morning so I have spinach salad and canned lentil soup for lunch. Even work is looking a little better right now
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Great
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You might have run into the dreaded carb monster. You are fine on plan until a taste of a muffin - then wammo. Just remember how you feel right now the next time you feel the urge to eat a muffin. Think of some ways to stop a binge once it starts - brushing your teeth can help break the cycle.

Is 1200 calories a day enough for you? That's kind of low end and doesn't give you much room to wiggle if your weight stalls. Plus, if you aren't getting the nutrition you need, your body might force binges.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
What gets me mad is that I wasn't even hungry and I didn't enjoy any of it. I was in the middle of eating the cupcake and thinking that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be - really wish I could have stopped myself. And I know it's not real, but I was up 1.5 lbs. on the scale this morning.
Oh how I WISH I had this problem. Whenever I have gone off plan, things taste WAY better than I remember. I guess it's because at 333 pounds I didn't even bother to taste the food as it was being shoveled in.

Oh, and don't be fooled...that 1.5 pounds is REAL weight. It might not be real fat, but it is real weight and in my experience it can take just as long to take off as a pound of real fat. And if you do it again today, that 1.5 won't magically disappear....it will stay. So yeah, it's real alright.

The good news is, you have been blessed with another day of power to change things back around. This morning you woke up with the ability to stick to it. Isn't that awesome? Now take advantage of it!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

This sounds like something that's happened to me so many times before. I'll do great for awhile, then be so overwhelmed that I just eat without thinking, and it doesn't taste good at all. Just remember - that was yesterday. It's over and now you can move forward. The next time you want to over eat just remember how nothing tasted as good as you'd hoped, and think about the feelings that you feel right now. We gotta get through the storm to see the sunshine .
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am baffled why things don't taste as good now as they did before. Have my taste buds changed? Has my experience changed my mindset enough to make me think "those" foods just aren't worth it? Have the things I have read and educated myself about made me try alternative things that have taken the place of "those" foods? Is it a combination of all three?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote