South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Terrific Tuesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

Hi Everyone! Coffee tastes Terrific and I'm pleased to say it's going to be a Terrific day here in sunny Colorado. I still haven't put my bike away and it's warm enough I might just get one more ride in. I've been procrastinating a batch of apples so today might be the day to get to them. This stretch of weather has effectively put me back into winter denial so I think I'll enjoy it while it lasts. My main focus, however, seems to be staying OP and training with the new pup.

Hope it shapes up to be a Terrific Tuesday for everyone! Stop by and share your day.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Lost a post so.....

Good morning! It's Good Food Box day (like CSA) and Claire, who is recovering from a mastectomy, is not to lift things. I'll be doing the grunt work with big bags of potatoes and onions and a crate of squash to be divided up! Good thing there's no gym this morning! I do have my second last Garden Group board meeting this morning but will give my reports and leave early.

There is just a bit of tidying left to do outside. I got the rest of the foundation planting finished yesterday afternoon and will mulch it all this afternoon. Whew! There are a few leftover plants to go into the field garden and that'll be "it". Now to enjoy the rest of the fall and wait for the white stuff!

I hope your Tuesday is terrific!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmm! I made some really good coffee this morning!

Good morning, Debbie! Enjoy your warm and sunny day! We're slowing climbing back up into warmer temps, but we have another heavy frosting on the ground right now.

Ruth, I know you're feeling so much better, now that your front garden is almost finished. Be careful lugging those heavy sacks around, and give Claire a gentle hug from me.

I may venture out into the garden if the ground isn't too soggy to see what needs to be done yet. I've been leaving some seed heads for the birds to enjoy, but they may be looking pretty sorry by now. I'm sure all the annuals will need to be pulled out, too, since they finally succumbed to the frost.
I'm taking the girls out shopping after school, so it may end up being a late evening for me.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - Enjoy that bike ride today. Maybe ride an extra mile for me All my bike riding is in front of the TV now. I'm introducing DP to some of my favorite old movies this month.

Ruth - Sounds like you won't need the gym today. I hope the afternoon will include a little relaxing time to sit back and enjoy all you've accomplished already this week

Cottage - I've had to scrape my windshield a couple of times in the past week and will again this morning. Yuck. Sounds like you are making the most of your flexible schedule.

Nothing exciting happening here today. It's a staff meeting day, always a thrill. At least we only have them once a month with this director. I'm going to go ahead and schedule some visits. I had to reschedule two because of the work load but they are the only thing that keeps me sane when it comes to work. I need to find a way to juggle everything.

Had a good, on-plan day again yesterday. I've been doing pretty well but it's TOM so my weight is not showing it. I hope there's a small whoosh when I'm done. Why is it so much easier to regain then to lose? And harder to lose the same lbs every time they come back?! Hmm, now if I just remember that next time I start sliding.

Hope your day is sunny and boring meetings are few
Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning Ruth, Cottage, and Cyndi

Ruth, Good Food Box Day is such a great name-much more creative than CSA. Take care, and log in a little exercise with those potatoes and onions.

Cottage, I never get over how good the coffee tastes in the morning...pour me a cup later in the day?? I can take it or leave it. Did you get to the museum? I'm glad to hear it's warming up. We almost have October down which is just one month closer to spring as far as I'm concerned.me

Cyndi, I was wondering how you were managing so much time on the bike-I don't know if I could even do it to old movies. Fortunately for me, I have no room for a bike here.
Hope your meetings aren't total snoozers.

I finally figured out why I couldn't bear to clean my kitchen this weekend; the darned apples on the counter...so this morning I got all the honeycrisps in the dehydrator and all the local greenines are being put in the stew pot. Whew...I'm going to freeze the greenies in ice cube trays since it worked so well for the raspberries...ok I'm going to get them finished...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, we didn't get to the museum yesterday because of a schedule change. Audrey is going to audition for the part of Cosette in the play Les Miserables on Thursday, and she had a session with her voice teacher, instead, and Maggie had a piano lesson. I'd love to be a visitor at your house today, with the scent of apples in the air.

Cyndi, I've been spinning away on my bike while watching the morning news, but I like your idea of watching old movies even better!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Good moring! Hope you don't mind me jumping in on the daily chat. I have a busy morning for my day off. DD has a dentist appt, then I drop her off at school. From there I'm off grocery shopping. I have a full SBD freindly list! I made a bean dip over the weekend from chickpeas. Not crazy about the grain of it, so I'll get some white beans today. Then this afternoon I have a couple of calls to make for work.

Debbie, my bike is out as well. Its actually going to be nice today. I need to go for a ride. Thanks for the reminder.

Ruth, what is Good Food Box day? Sounds like a nice thing to do.

BBL
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here you go, Sarah! It's a good programme which we started to get folks in town eating more fruits and veggies. It's $5 for a bag of veggies or fruit. We give out recipes with the produce as well. Unfortunately some of the dear old souls don't want romaine so they trade it to the diner for coffee and a donut! Whaddayagonnado?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie - enjoy the nice weather while you can. Got the ingredients to make the carrot cake, sure hope I can stop at one piece.

Ruth - must be nice looking at your completed project. That's a riot, trading in their romaine for coffee and donuts.

Cyndi - Sure gets harder and harder to lose that weight. I hate men they lose so easily. My DH has no trouble maintaining his weight.

Cottage - Those little girls are very talented. Hope your day isn't too long.

Paula - Welcome and enjoy your day off.

me - I was busy yesterday clean up an old dry sink that is in the kitchen, DH made it 30 years or so ago. There were some fond memories found in it but now it is cleaned and outside to be dismantled. The legs were all chewed up by our dog when she was a puppy. Nice day today and a walk is on the agenda but otherwise I will have to check my daytimer (tv guide) to see what is going on. I have a friend who was a vp of a provincial hydro company here and after she quit her job that is what she use to say.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Paula, I think dip is really good with white beans. It's a nice color and I make it kind of spicy. Have a great day.

Sophie, I got a chuckle....I try to get all my chores done early, then I check my daytimer to see what else is going on. Enjoy your walk.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie - enjoy the nice weather while you can. I want to make your carrot cake as well, but need to get the ingredients. Your ticker is looking good.

Ruth - you are getting your workout in this morning.

Cyndi - I know what you mean, it was very easy to gain and it is sooo hard to lose, drives you nuts.

Cottage - Have a great day, hope Audrey get a part in the play.

Paula - Welcome to the daily thread, have a great day off.

Sophie- Enjoy your walk and nice weather as well.

The weather was so nice yesterday and it is supposed to be today and tomorrow as well, I am enjoying it. It is supposed to drop back in to the 50's for this weekend. Tonite is work out while watching BL.

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hiiiiiiiiiiii. Just a quick post this morning. Busy day at work! P1D2, and hangin' on. So far, so good. I know I'll feel like crap tomorrow or Thursday but that's alright. I need this!!!

Been good (except I might have had a few too many nuts yesterday) but nothing detrimental to my health, for sure.

Much love to you all. Have a fabulous day! I'll try to check back later.

Lisa
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #13  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Oh happy day! Oh happy daaaaay.....

Good morning, ladies!

Coffee is good, friends are great, life is beautiful.

Lexxiss: glad the weather out there is nice! are you a Broncos fan? did you watch the game last night? I put up a status message on face book asking if my beloved Packers could come rub the Bronco helmets for good luck. My sweetie (who lives in Denver at the moment) is a huge Broncos fan. He told me to keep my grubby Packer Paws away from his team. He doesn't want our crappy luck to rub off. LOL

Ruth: you seem to always be so busy and motivated! Send some of that motivation this a-way! And it's really cool that you do things like Good Food Box Day. I'm not positive exactly what that means... but it sounds wonderful. If I remember reading right, you do some charity type stuff? The social worker in me thanks you. In fact, though I'm working p.t. at a law office, I have a degree in social work. I should be using some of the motivation you are hopefully sending my way to go find some volunteer work while I am looking for a full time job.

Cottage: i hope your day warms up and you see a little sun poke out!

Cyndi: Keep a good attitude.. don't get down about that TOM... I was ornry enough for the both of us last Thursday when mine hit and I "gained" 3 lbs lol but hopefully this week will be better. Just gotta keep pluggin away on plan, right?

Blessed: hi! feel free to jump right in.. I did. LOL They're very welcoming over here Hope you get your bike ride in!

Sophie: awww... I'm such a sentimental schmuck... that sounds like a beautiful way to spend some time. I hope you had a good time in rememberance while you cleaned out the dry sink.

Pearlrose: It was a gorgeous day here yesterday as well. We must enjoy them while we have them, right?

Hi Weezle! you posted while I was still writing! Go you on P1D2!! Stay strong!

well, my Ipod has been located and recovered. So going for a walk is high on the list of priorities today. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful out. I had to pick up roomies kids from school otherwise I would have traveled to my favorite cemetary to take some fall photos of the trees, fallen leaves and headstones. I'm hoping for Friday at this point.

I was really worried last night that I was getting some kind of flu... but I took my temp and it was normal and this morning I don't feel like someone has been digging and twisting in my guts so all is well. So far. Apparently, one roomie's work has 30 or so confirmed cases of Swine right now... and one girl had all the symptoms last night so management told her to go home and she refused!!! I realize some ppl really need the money but come on.. you can't be putting everyone else at risk like that... to track it home to their kids. We have a 4 and 5 yr old in the house.

I think today will be mental health and wellness day. After my job search I will take a walk, make up the menu for next week and I've been putting off solidifying my daily spiritual practice. I think today would be a great day to finally get that in the works.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 10-20-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

am here just swamped after the post sick/hospital adventure
and Dont you love how new Opportunities come after things go pear shaped!
I feel like a phoenix! Call me Fawkes! (yes I love Harry Potter)
hope for a real post tonight!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #15  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Gothik Butterfly, how old are you out of curiousity? Your pic appears as if you're close to my age, I'm 23.

Hi everyone. Reading Jorge Cruise's book and planning on combining that with the South Beach diet. Seems the type of food he recommends are very similar to the SBD and he emphasizes healthy fats for weight loss.

I'm going to be an evil fairy for Halloween and my son's going to be a tiger.
Closed Thread