The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #1  
Graceful Loser

Default What's your favorite episode?

What is your favorite episode of ALL time?!

Mine would have to be the one in season four when Neil gained 17 pounds. It was the most dramatic thing ever, but for some reason I found it interesting.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #2  
Token Vulcan

I have several that really stick out in my mind:

Season 5 - when uber-competitive Mark waited for Ali Vincent near the end of the race so they could cross the finish line together--she carried him on her back.

Season 7 - when, after everybody had put extra weight for Tara to carry, she pulled the car ahead of everyone, especially the Tongans.

And...on the Australian version season one, I mini-crushed on Shane Giles so I liked when he did his fear challenge down the cliff and also the finale, where he looked so hot that Jillian proposed to him.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

How many episodes was the first season of Austrailia? I looked on youtube and it seems like their season is a lot longer than the U.S version.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #4  

I think the most memorable show for me was when Ali returned back to the ranch and had lost even more weight at home than those who stayed at the ranch...She is the most inspiring to me. She looked so beautiful in her dress when they all went out. To me...she looks better than anyone else from the show...she still looks healthy but fit and tone. Very inspiring.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

My favorite episode is from Season 4. When at the weigh in Bob's Blue team and Kim's Red team were introduced to Jillian's Black team. The Red and Blue teams marched in and see the black team staring them down with Jillian in the front row with all her big muscles out! Bob then say's "Oh helll no", Jillian replies "Did you miss me". Sigh. Then the ever adorable Bob leaps over the risers and runs to Jillian who is waiting with outstretched arms. She then leaps into his arms and wraps her legs around Bob as he carries her. Awwwww!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

I agree that Ali is so inspiring. She seems to have been able to maintain the same weight ever since the finale. Such a good role model to have.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

My favorite episode is the one toward the end of each season when the contestants confront themselves when they first arrive at the ranch. I feel it really illustrates the progress that they have made and the mission of TBL.