Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216.5/214/140

Height: 5' 6"

Post Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet

Today is the day. I have officially started the Cookie Diet. I'm interested in hearing from those of you that have tried it, too. Success or not, it would be good to have some feedback. I'll post my progress as I am starting at 216.5 and have a mini goal weight of 199 by 11/19.

Wish me luck.
Sasafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #2  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

A cookie diet?? That sounds to good to be true ...

Good luck!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #3  

They aren't really cookies. More like protein and fiber bars. But, they do taste pretty good and are shaped like cookies, so why not.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #4  

Sounds like every other meal replacement diet. It'll work if you stick to it, just like every other meal replacement diet.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

Mmmmm Cookies.......

dagnabit
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #6  

Well, they don't taste like a good cookie, but they aren't bad. The good thing is that I have really increased my water intake. I'm going to have to setup my office in the ladies. LOL!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #7  

Just out of curiosity, I checked my weight this morning to see how the diet is going. Down 1.5 Lbs so far. Probably water weight as I am drinking about 96 oz a day, but it's a good start. Have had a headache for the last couple of days, but that's probably because I haven't had any caffeine. I usually drink iced tea all day long. Other than that, feeling really good. Not hungry at all and am starting to lose my cravings. Now, I just need to get out of my head. I just obsess too much about food in general.

I'll weigh again at the end of the week to see where I finish.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Be careful Sasafrass, 16 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in 1 month. You can expect a decent size loss your first week (as you said, water weight), but past that you should only be looking for 1-2 pounds loss a week. More than that and people tend to gain it back.

Regardless, stay healthy and good luck!
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #9  

I'm really curious how this cookie diet goes for you, because I just ordered my first 1-week supply today. I have a 15 Lb. goal by mid December.
Lula3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Uhh all you eat are those cookies or what? :|
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/160/110

Height: 5'0

I'm waiting for my 3 week supply of Dr. Siegal's cookie diet...i'll blog in my progress once i start it. i'll keep reading Sasafras's progress meanwhile...
MOTSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #12  

I'll keep posting my results. Won't weigh again until Monday morning to see how I've done for the week.

The cookies aren't really cookies. They're meal replacement protein and fiber bars. You eat 1 cookie whenever you feel hungry with 8 ozs of water. You can eat up to 6 cookies per day (540 calories). In addition to that you have a sensible dinner of lean protein and green vegetable (no less than 300 calories, no more than 700). The goal is to keep your calorie intake at about 1000-1200 calories per day (or what your DR. advises). I also take a multivitamin along with 1000 mcg of B12 and 2000 I.U. of D (I have hypothyroidism and am on Synthroid which depleats B and D vitamins).

So far, I'm doing good. I've increased my water intake substantially and haven't felt hungry at all. I'm eating about 4-5 cookies a day plus my meal in the evening. I'd say I'm coming in around 1100 calories per day or slightly less.

I know it's a fast weight loss, but I need it to feel motivated and to help me start moving. It's also a way to retrain myself and my stomach to need/want less.

I'll keep it safe and if I start feeling weird, will stop. I know my body.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
Be careful Sasafrass, 16 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in 1 month. You can expect a decent size loss your first week (as you said, water weight), but past that you should only be looking for 1-2 pounds loss a week. More than that and people tend to gain it back.

Regardless, stay healthy and good luck!
I would humbly like to add my opinion on this popular diet MYTH. Any "diet" you abandon will result in regaining of weight. Just because you lose it slowly doesn't make it magically stay off never to be seen again. I've lost weight so slow it would make a turtle feel like a jack rabbit, and I have lost weight fast. I have lost weight sensibly and not so sensibly, I have lost weight in more ways than Hines has pickles, and each and every time...regardless of how fast or how slow...I gained it all back plus more quickly the minute I said screw it.

My sister started a weight loss program after I had been going at it for several months. She started out with about 90 pounds to lose. It took her 9 months to lose 50 pounds...slow in most standards. She got sick of it and gave up, and has gained 20 pounds back (so far) in 6 weeks.

The rate you lose it has no bearings on whether you gain it back or not...your level of commitment has every thing to do with it....

Anyway to the OP. Good luck. I saw a segment on TV the other day about the cookie diet, and of course there was a naysayer so called professional also interviewed. He kept saying that how the long term results will be just awful for these people and that they will never keep the weight off...ironically the long term results for ANY weight loss plan and keeping the weight off is extremely low. Something like 3-5 %. So if only a few % of the cookie diet people keep the weight off, it will as much of a success as any other diet plan.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #14  

Thank you, Lori Bell. I needed that boost of encouragement. I know that weight lose is more mental than physical (at least for me). It's about changing my attitude about food and learning how not to "eat" my feelings. This diet is helping me with the physical, the mental is being worked out in therapy. I think the 2 can be a successful combination. Like you said, this is ultimately about commitment. As of today, I am fully committed to this.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #15  

OH... by the way, Lori Bell, your weight loss is inspiring. Thank you for the support.