General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #1  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Default Going sleeveless

I have a very formal event to attend. After trying on a number of gowns, the one I liked the most (and could afford) was very long, black, and sleeveless. It felt so elegant, except for my jiggly arms. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decided that people who have a problem with my arms can just look somewhere else. I bought it, and I'm going to just go and enjoy myself.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #2  

Good for you! Enjoy your event.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Applause! I often take the "this is my body, deal with it!" approach myself.

However, every little bit we can do for ourselves to boost our confidence helps. Have you tried self-tanner? It really makes you look 10lbs lighter. Also right before I leave the house for a sleeveless formal function I like to do some push ups - pumps up your muscles and it's a trick male models use before they shoot shirtless ads.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  
Graceful Loser

Amen to that! I remember for both of my proms, my jiggly arms were my greatest fear. I seriously even looked at gowns with sleeves at first. I finally decided that it was my prom, and if my jiggly arms want to jiggle, then darn it, they had every right!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #5  
Graceful Loser

Oh, and have a good time!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #6  
Ufi
Persistence

Thanks! And if anyone gives me any lip, I'll smack 'em with my arm flab!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #7  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

it may be a little late, but my upper arms look like hams that hang at cracker barrel, but i let them all hang out at my wedding. Not worrying about them, made it wayyyy better than worrying about them! Let em all hang out girl
Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315 / *ticker* / 130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Thanks! And if anyone gives me any lip, I'll smack 'em with my arm flab!
hahaha that visual made me giggle. As someone with ample arm-flab I can picture this all too well!

I'm so jealous of the freedom you have granted yourself. I will not even wear short sleeves in public, except to the gym because I don't have much choice. Of all the fat on my body my armfat is what I hate the most!

I only very recently was able to buy a cute shirt even though it clings to my belly a bit too much and just tell the world to deal with. I told myself that if someone can't tell I'm fat unless they see a roll poke out then they are just stupid anyway and who cares what they think. I haven't, however, been able to convince myself of that with my arms yet.

Good for you!!! Hope you had a great time!!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #9  
Ufi
Persistence

It hasn't happened yet. I've been picturing the worst that could happen, and really, if anybody does say or do anything, it just makes that person look mean (at least, in my mind).
Old 11-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I have a very formal event to attend. After trying on a number of gowns, the one I liked the most (and could afford) was very long, black, and sleeveless. It felt so elegant, except for my jiggly arms. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decided that people who have a problem with my arms can just look somewhere else. I bought it, and I'm going to just go and enjoy myself.
Nobody should have a problem with how your arms look. If they do, they are the ones with some major issues. I'm sure you will look beautiful. If you get a chance you should post of pic of you in the dress for us. It sounds lovely.
Closed Thread