Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default What would be a good video to start with?

I am very heavy and "out of shape" does not even begin to cover the state I am in. I have seen the talk about the Shred, but is it too much for me? I want something that I will do and stick to and not get frustrated right away.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Cheryl!

I would suggest any of the "Walking away the pounds" DVDs by Leslie Sansone. Here is a link to the one I started with which is still a favorite.

Walk Away the Pounds Express

It has two walks with the easiest only taking 15 minutes. I did that for a couple of weeks and then moved to the second walk which takes 30 minutes. She incorporates upper body strength by having you work with a stretchy band while doing the walking moves.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

I second the vote for Walk Away the Pounds. I really liked them and anyone can use them.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #4  
Future Former Fat Girl

I "third" the vote on Walking Away the Pounds!

Also, if you'd like to invest in a Wii Fit - TOTALLY worth it. I have found it to be invaluable! It has helped me so much with my posture and balance (which are bad due to out-of-shape core muscles). There are easy and fun aerobics and strengh training, as well as yoga and balance games. It is great to see my progess tracked by the Wii Fit software! Even tho' I started at such an easy level I can see how much I've improved. Feels pretty good.

I really know how you feel about being out of shape. I was overweight in my twenties but I really lost it quickly because I was young and still really healthy and strong. I did step aerobics and dance classes and turned into quite the gym bunny. Twenty years later, I let myself get into a really "bad way" and it's much harder getting in shape. But in the past couple months I've really made real progress.

Please don't give up to soon & don't push too hard at first. Nothing like an injury or sprain to sideline a gal!

Best of luck & post on how you're doing!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

When I first started getting into exercising, I used the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs a LOT. They are low-impact, very easy to follow, and are a good way to get going if you are not used to exercise. One other bonus with WATP is that Leslie Sansone incorporates some light strength training (e.g. with hand weights or resistance bands) into the workouts. Good luck!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker

I agree with all the ladies who posted about the walk away the pounds DVDs. I started with those DVDs when I first started exercising
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Another vote for Leslie Sansone DVDs.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Everyone is in totally agreement, Leslie is a great place to start. The most important thing to remember is any exercise is better than none, with this program you can speed up or slow down, depending on you, no need to hurt yourself, slow and steady, well much success, and let us know how it's going for you.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #9  

Yes! WATP and I would start with the 1 mile walk. It's not even 20 mins long. Thats' what I did and I worked my way up to the 5 mile more intense videos.
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote