Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default And lo, the motivation aboundeth!

Sorry all, it seems that Sundays bring out older verb endings in me

I was bored just now and so decided to "schedule" my weight loss, just for fun. That is, I have this neat target of 50lbs down for the VV challenge, which if all goes well means I'll be at 183lbs around Valentine's Day next year.

So, I wondered, when would I be "on schedule" to reach my current goal weight of 153lbs?

Now I'm a nerd, so forgive the following. Skip it if you like:

Caveat: I know that weight loss isn't linear, and that "pressurizing" myself into a time-bound goal is a dodgy business for me.

Assumption: average weekly weight loss of 2lbs per week.

Which would have me at around 153 in the week of my birthday next year!! (I'm a June baby )

What an awesome birthday present that would be to myself! Even if I'm not bang on 153 then...I know that I'll be in so much better shape for that b'day than I was in June this year. Not just in terms of my weight, but also my general health, my self-confidence, my academic and professional achievements...WOW.

I'm completely stoked now. Will you all help me get there?

Last edited by salsa chip; 10-18-2009 at 08:56 AM.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post

What an awesome birthday present that would be to myself! Even if I'm not bang on 153 then...I know that I'll be in so much better shape for that b'day than I was in June this year. Not just in terms of my weight, but also my general health, my self-confidence, my academic and professional achievements...WOW.
Great! I think that this part that I'm quoting is the most important. Even if you don't lose 2lbs a week every week, if you stick to it, you'll lose something, consistantly, and you'll be all the things you described by your birthday! You're right, it would be a great b-day present. A gift that keeps on giving!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #3  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

I was playing with numbers too this weekend! I'm a June baby too, and was thinking - imagine that...If I dropped a pound or two each week - look where I'd be! What a nice birthday treat that would be....to be smaller, along with healthier
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Go June Babies, go!

I started my journey in 2009 and if my fitday projections are right, I can hit goal by my birthday if I manage to average 2 lbs a week...

In any case, I'm positive I'll be back to the prepregnancy weight of my first baby-- which was the beginning of the end of my life as a normal weight person.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:

I was bored just now and so decided to "schedule" my weight loss, just for fun. That is, I have this neat target of 50lbs down for the VV challenge, which if all goes well means I'll be at 183lbs around Valentine's Day next year.

So, I wondered, when would I be "on schedule" to reach my current goal weight of 153lbs?

Now I'm a nerd, so forgive the following. Skip it if you like:

Caveat: I know that weight loss isn't linear, and that "pressurizing" myself into a time-bound goal is a dodgy business for me.

Assumption: average weekly weight loss of 2lbs per week.

Which would have me at around 153 in the week of my birthday next year!! (I'm a June baby )

I'm completely stoked now. Will you all help me get there?
Sounds like a Great Plan, and you are going to have an Awesome Year, so excited for you
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I was just thinking that your posts make me laugh, and this was no exception.

I think that would be a great birthday present to yourself, and yes, you can!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Keep on rockin!'

I think it's an awesome idea to set up such goals as it really gives you a healthier version of yourself to look forward to.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Sounds like a great present to me!! My birthday is in July -- I am hoping to fit in a swimsuit this summer. First time in -- umm probably 20+ years!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #9  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
Even if you don't lose 2lbs a week every week, if you stick to it, you'll lose something, consistantly, and you'll be all the things you described by your birthday!
Thanks and YUP! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also doing it, which is an interesting cognitive situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
I was playing with numbers too this weekend! I'm a June baby too, and was thinking - imagine that...If I dropped a pound or two each week - look where I'd be! What a nice birthday treat that would be....to be smaller, along with healthier
YES! Can you imagine what it'd be like on our birthdays in late Spring next year, with us simply GLOWING from being so much healthier and happier?

(I have to be careful with this as I have a tendency to daydream about the future and never get round to actually realising it. But a little bit can be good, I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Go June Babies, go!

I started my journey in 2009 and if my fitday projections are right, I can hit goal by my birthday if I manage to average 2 lbs a week...

In any case, I'm positive I'll be back to the prepregnancy weight of my first baby-- which was the beginning of the end of my life as a normal weight person.
June girls of the world unite! Hee hee!

When I figured this out it was like my eyes popped out of my head! I'm so looking forward to it and you must be too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
Sounds like a Great Plan, and you are going to have an Awesome Year, so excited for you
Thank you - I'm excited too! Not just at the thought of having a great year to look forward to, but also the knowledge that it's going to be fantastic because I made it happen. That's extraordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
I was just thinking that your posts make me laugh, and this was no exception.

I think that would be a great birthday present to yourself, and yes, you can!
Oh my, thank you! Never thought myself a comedienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post
Keep on rockin!'

I think it's an awesome idea to set up such goals as it really gives you a healthier version of yourself to look forward to.
Rockin' Salsa I should make it into some kind of brand name.

I was/am a bit nervous about seeing it this way, lest I start obsessing about it. But generally I agree with you - having an event in time attached to it makes it all the more concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeckyV View Post
Sounds like a great present to me!! My birthday is in July -- I am hoping to fit in a swimsuit this summer. First time in -- umm probably 20+ years!
Oooooo, a swimsuit. I daren't even go there...yet
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Thanks and YUP! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also doing it, which is an interesting cognitive situation
Interesting cognitive situation! I love it!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I love to play with numbers too.. and have done what you have done many many times.

Good luck Salsa, you are doing great!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote