Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Angry Sooooo Far Off Track.

So I lost 50lbs this summer. And the period at the end of that sentence is huge because it ended there. I have exercised some and lost about 5 more lbs, then gained it back then lost it again. I am not watching what I eat in any way. I feel drained and frustrated by the choices I have made.

I feel like I am on this slope and quickly going back to how things were before. i need some sort of rude awakening but I don't know what will do it for me. I can't seem to get that feeling back of wanting it so bad. How did I loose that? Is this it for me? Is this the best I can do? Most certainly that can't be it.

I know I am rambeling but I think I need to spit it all out and have it laid out in front of me. I have to do this, I have to get back on top of this before I ruin everything I have worked so hard for. I need to just do it. Right now. Just fix it and move on. Suck it up, put in the work. Then get the pay off and maybe that will be the driving force.

I need to be organized and consistent. I am having trouble with that one and I think that is where the problem lies...blah, blah, blah. Off for my walk.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #2  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Height: 5'6"

I think it is great that you are stopping yourself NOW, before it gets REALLY bad. And I'm sure once you get back into a routine and see some more results, you will feel better motivated.

Just keep pushing!
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have done great . DO NOT STOP NOW !!!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I agree -- i am starting to fall into the same place you are in. One thing that I have to keep me going is the support of family and friends. Just knowing that they are behind me and have seen the sucess I have done so far and know that I can keep doing it.

Another -- big reason -- my son is overweight as well. He is just about 6' and weighs 320 lbs. HOW can I tell him that he needs to get movitated if I can't do it myself? I want to be an inspiration for me. So no matter what I may feel like that day I gotta keep going!

Find your inspiration again -- whatever it is for you!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You asked how do you get that feeling back...

You don't. You have to TAKE it back. It won't fall into your lap. You've got to get out there and rein it in. Don't wait for it to come to you. It might not ever happen.

I think you're headed in the right direction though as you wouldn't have posted this otherwise. So that's good.

Now get your self RE-committed. Totally and completely and firmly COMMITTED. DECIDE that you are going to do this once and for all and permanently - no - matter - what. No excuses. No nonsense. DECIDE that. COMMIT to it and then you will be FORCED to do whatever it takes to make it happen. You then do whatever is required. Whatever is NECESSARY.

And no - it's NOT the best that you can do. Push yourself. Discover what you're really made of. Elevate yourself. GROW. Stop settling for better when you can have best. Push. Push. Push. Discover what you are really capable of. Discover who you were meant to be.

You need to be organized and consistent? So BE it. BECOME it. Push yourself. See above paragraph. And then read my signature.

DECIDE to do this. DECIDE. I know for CERTAIN you will be ecstatic with the results, with the outcome. You'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier. But by all means, don't do it any later. Do it now. What are you waiting for?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You haven't ruined anything yet! There is a lot to be proud of - you didn't gain it back, girl, you lost 5 more! Most of us who lose the spark end up gaining and you didn't do that. You need to get a few good days under your belt to remind yourself that you have absolutely everything you need to do this inside of you. For me, that has a way of restarting the spark. You can do this!!!!! Don't go down without a fight.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #7  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

233 + 55 = 278 pounds again

is that motivating? Right now you haven't done too much damage - and you can stop and start fresh...reach down deep and find that one thing you love the most about having lost 50 pounds, and then look deep and think of the one thing you hated more than anything being 278 pounds

you may find your motivation here
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Is there something special about the weight you are currently at? I find that my body wants to hold there for a while.

Kick yourself.... have 2 days at 1200 calories... eat healthy foods.. get your a$s to the gym. Don't waste what you have worked so hard for. Do you remember what it felt like to be at 278 lbs? you felt like CRAP! Do you want to be that person?! NO!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Oh Yea.... I know all about that nightmare " slope" thing. You have done really well, and it sounds to me as though you want to take controll of
the situation. So please don't wait for it to get worst. Make yourself do whatever you were doing when you took off all that weight. After a few days you will be psyched into it again and soon you will feel much better.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

that slope leads to all of that 55 lbs coming back PLUS MORE. You know this. You DO!!!!!! Get your *** into gear and just do it!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

How many times have I stood aside and "watched" myself eat and gain back all the weight I had worked so hard to lose. One time it was 130lbs and most recently (5 years ago) 90lbs. the years whizz by and I'm getting older and older and I'm still obese. Don't, please don't let that happen to you. Just take one step towards a normal weight like writing down a menu for the next three days and having those foods in the house. If you read the stories on this board you see people who have been successful. So, it can be done.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #12  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I needed to read this thread. I've been struggling to maintain and haven't been dropping any significant weight in two months. I know why. I haven't been working the plan, and I've DECIDED that it stops today. I'm back to calorie counting and working out. There are just too many reasons that I have to lose weight and there is no reason to continue in this self-destructive behavior. We can do it!!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #13  

Height: 5ft6'

rockinrobin ya gave me goosebumps...and thats a start lol. You guys are all soooo right and I knew it all along. I need to DO IT! I just do. I can't think of one good reason not to do this, not one. There are so, so, so many reasons to get my @$$ back on track. And I'm going to do this. I AM! Even if I don't want to. I need to give myself some tough love. If it sucks at first I will thank myself later.

You guys have no idea how much you have put a fire under me. I was in hiding a bit. Looking but not realy posting even tho sometimes I wanted. But I need to stop hiding and start being accountable.

Thanks so much Chicks♥
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #14  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyElaine View Post
You guys have no idea how much you have put a fire under me. I was in hiding a bit. Looking but not realy posting even tho sometimes I wanted. But I need to stop hiding and start being accountable.
I so so know how this feels Let's do this!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote