Old 10-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat 10/17-10/18

Welcome to the weekend!

I am nice and sore this morning from Jillian Micheals kicking my butt yesterday on the old 30 day shred. I am not as sore as I would have thought. Turns out not exercising (except power walking) for a year has made me pretty fluffy...

Last night was the 3rd and final night of baby boy sleeping with me and DH on the couch. I think my snoring and tossing and turning woke him up more than anything. I can't stand DH on the couch - it sucks. But I waver, because Cameron is only 5mo old and he just wants to nurse and be next to Momma.

Well, I'm off to the grocery store. I put some rye bread in the bread machine, and had oatmeal for breakfast. I put some dried cranberries and chopped pecans on there with some skim milk. Not the same as syrup and brown sugar, but still okay. I might try to Shred again today...we'll see how this old lady holds up!

What's your plans for the weekend, chicks?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

I slept super late (10 am lolll) and I did a soup with my turkey leftover

Then we (me and my man) went at the restaurant for my mother's b-day, I did good on the food but on the wine maybe not hahaha

My man bought me high heels yesterday, my god... it's such a pain to walk in these... o_0

How do they do? I mean... the girls who wear this regulary?
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willa View Post
My man bought me high heels yesterday, my god... it's such a pain to walk in these... o_0

How do they do? I mean... the girls who wear this regulary?
I am wear heels regulary for my job, dress code is professional and I do wear flats, the trick for me is sliding my feet out of them a bit when I'm sitting down. Also wearing them with athletic socks while watching tv to stretch them a bit makes them comfy too.

Off to have Jillian Michaels kick my but in NMTZ!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 10-18-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Oh!!! thanks for the tip!
I will try to stretch them, but it mostly hurts my bones, not ripping off my skin
I don't know if I explain well... it's more the new posture that kills me

Luckily I can wear flats and jeans at the office, it's VERY laid back, mostly because no clients comes in.
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I also haven't mastered wearing heels! I used to wear heels when I was younger with no problems, but I suspect it's the added weight I've got now. I found a realllly cute pair of pointy toe flats that look like heels, so I rely on those when I have to dress up.

mortonpixie - I am doing the 30DS as well, just started again last week, I really enjoy the results from it.. but definitely need to put on my own music to get me thru it. Last time I did it I lost like 4-5 inches off my waist in 14 days! Sooo crazy..

Jenn - forgive me.. but what's NMTZ?

willa - have you tried a wedge?

I had a really low key weekend, worked Saturday, watched a movie Sat night. And today I went grocery shopping and got a few new t-shirts. I have been seriously lacking in casual clothes. I didn't spend much, 5 shirts for 30 bucks! Gotta love a good sale!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Aimee - NMTZ is No More Trouble Zones with Jillian Michaels. You likey the Shredden, eh...well good to hear - I was so sore yesterday I could hardly squat down to help my kid on the potty! Loving the sale clothes - I shop consignment...brand names for less than 10 bucks oh yah!

We ran all over the place as usual today. The Hubs was nominated for a deacon position at church which is cool. I told him we are getting old - need to throw a wild party or something... Went back to church for our class tonight and the lady that takes care of the little kids gave me a big dessert from Panera Bread to share with our class. Ugh. I passed!! Yayayayayay!!

So today is day 4 with no sugar or white flour. I baked some "cookies" with bran flour and splenda...might throw in a can of pumpkin to help them out next time. Everybody but our 7yr old DD liked them - and she's a skinny little pill!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

mortonpixie - I like the sounds of the video.. I would enjoy not having any more trouble zones! I haven't ever found a good consignment store, plus I really don't have the patience for hunting thru racks of clothes. I am also in the process of cutting back on sugar and white flour, I am trying to cut out bread/pasta and sugar completely.. it's hard. Very hard. Congrats on staying away from the dessert bread goodness... I don't actually know it is.. but I am craving sugar like crazy.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote