Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/185/150

Height: 5'2

Default Sixteen and Two-Hundred.

Hi...I'm Autumn.
I'm sixteen years old, in a small town.
I come from a long line of heavier people, however in my immeadiate family. I am the largest of three children. While my younger brother doesn't say much, my sister(Who is thirteen and about 120, which is ideal) continuously shoves it in my face that I am fat.
I have a boyfriend, who used to weigh close to 300, but you could never tell...Now, he's 6'0 and 155. A whole fifty pounds less then myself. Everytime I look at him, my heart breaks, because now, I feel...inadequate for him. Everytime we go out, I feel that everyone who looks at us is asking "Why is he, with her?"
Prom is this year, and I don't want to be fat for prom...I don't want to be one of those girls, who no guys even bother to look at(My boyfriend isn't going with me to prom)
But no matter how hard I try...I can't do it. I know it's because I'm lazy, but I simply don't have the energy. I go to school from 7 - 2, and work from 2 30 - 6, then I come home and do homework, and spend time with my boyfriend...I'm exhausted. I try to eat right, but...in a house of nearly eight people, food goes fast, leaving junk food...I just get no support from home, and was hoping to find some here...maybe some tips...maybe just friends to help.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you, 3FC, for creating a place like this, for people like me.

God, bless you all.
AutumnArsenicx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Awww, bless your little cotton socks.

First of all, He is with you because HE thinks that you are MORE than adequate for him!! And that's awesome!! And it's also important to not project how YOU feel on to how you think other people feel. Just because YOU feel self conscious in no way equates to OTHERS judging you as harshly as you're judging yourself. Other's probably look at you two together and instead of thinking "Oh, they don't belong together" - they think "Oh they look so HAPPY together!" Anyway..

Prom is still many many moons away - and if you're really dedicated, and you've got a plan - you could definitely make some big changes by then! You just have to take a deep breath and change those thoughts of negativity to thoughts of productivity! (Lame sounding, but absolutely true).

If your home life isn't as supportive as you need them to be, maybe you can get more support from your boyfriend? Maybe after your homework you guys can go running in the evenings together? There's a running program called the Couch to 5K and I really highly recommend it. It's worth googling! Have you considered something like weight watchers? They have weekly meetings (as I'm sure you know) just for that encouragement and support.

It's not easy. But things worth doing rarely are. This is worth doing though. For YOU.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Hi Autumn and welcome!

I grew up in a small town, too. I agree with Eskinomad about your boyfriend and what other people are thinking. I've heard this statement recently and I'm trying to learn to live by it: what other people are thinking is none of my business. Also, there's the truism that other people are thinking about us a lot less than we think!

You've taken a great first step posting here. Have you looked around to see how other people are losing weight? I found that helpful and inspiring. There are some tips that won't help you at sixteen, because you have less control of your environment than you will when you're living on your own (something to look forward to), but other tips will help. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can't. An attitude of curiousity can help: I wonder if that would work for me. How could I bring that into my life?

Welcome, again, and all the best!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey sweetheart! You've been given lots of good advice. I just want to offer my **HUGS**
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #5  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I thought of a few things while reading your post. Can you make a list of certain foods that only you will be eating? Could these foods be bought at the grocery, you could go and help with the shopping and then put in a special place in the fridge just for you?

When I first started changing my eating habits this summer I made a list of foods that I enjoy eating that are healthy, low in fat, high in nutrients and low in calories. I try to have these foods on hand all the time, ie. carrots, celery, light yogurt, reduced fat dressing, apples, bananas, all types of berries, beans, shellfish, etc. Making a list might help you focus on what foods you want to eat and to have on hand. Big hugs to you, glad you found this place.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #6  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

i am also the largest in my family... my advise to you is to come up with a plan that will work for you. Plan your meals.. pack a home lunch to take to school. you can even get in some exercise. walk around your block bring your boyfriend . im sure if you told him you want to lose weight he'd help you.. as for your sister ignore her. everyone will always have something to say either good or bad..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #7  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I know being larger is hard when you younger (I remember going through it) but you should know that you are wonderful no matter what your weight and you have a very doable journey to fitness if that's what you want. (Right now where you are at is a away goal for me! I would be so excited to be as thin as you! ) but you can do it with a plan and trust me, after awhile exercising and eating better will give you more energy
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183.6/ticker/135

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hey Autumn! Welcome! I'm also sixteen years old, I totally understand how you feel. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to private message me, im here to talk to. (:
Incage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #9  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hey, Autumn, welcome to 3FC!
I agree with all the things people have said about your boyfriend and other people....but I know sometimes it's hard to really hear that and take it in.

If it's difficult to eat healthy and you're limited by what's in the house, try eating small and often. I've lost weight in the past by drinking a lot more water and spreading my meals out. If I wanted a sandwich and fries, then I'd eat the fries, and save the sandwich for mid afternoon. Then a small dinner and a light snack that night.

If you're doing all that school and work, you must have little time to eat, so make what you do eat count - high protein, high fibre...try to spread it out so you're not hungry. Hunger is the worst - it'll push you in to bingeing and junk food.

I'm the oldest of four girls, and all my sisters are skinny to slim. Believe me, while she may be hateful at this age, when she's older she'll be a much nicer person....in the meantime, ignore her.

Hang in - find a plan that works for you - one that makes you feel satisfied and that doesn't make you feel guilty. And remember, there are no failures - if you fall off the wagon, jump right back on!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

My heart aches for you because I've been there.
BUT. My heart is also happy because you're here and that means your ready to get healthy. 3fc really is such a great place for support. You CAN do this. You control your life. It's a hard concept to grasp - I'm still learning - but we have to stop letting food control us and start controlling ourselves.

Keep your head up! To start, I'd just suggest making small changes. Cut out all sodas and sugary drinks, and drink lots of water. Once you've got that down, make another small change. Before you know it, you'll be well on your way! I'm sorry that you're family isn't so supportive :/. You can PM me if you ever need anything
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote