Old 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Omaha and Bellevue area

It was suggested that we start an Omaha/Bellevue thread. I think it is great so that maybe we could meet one another and be more of a support system.

I personally go to the center on 120th & Blondo and typically like most of the consultants but have had a few run ins with mis-information from one of the newer consultants that I did not care for. I was told by one of the consultants that I truly like that if I know a certain consultant is there that day and working that I can simply write their name next to mine on the sign in sheet and will be able to meet with that consultant. So far it has worked. We are paying them a lot of money and should get what we are comfortable with. I don't like walking out of there feeling like a failure.
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #2  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Pamperedmomoftwins,

I go to the Bellevue center. Everyone is fantastic. I do notice that some know more than others and occasionally I will get different info. from different consultants. When that happens I meention it and they always verify what I was told so I know I am getting the correct answer then. I am sure it is because some have been there longer than others and one thing I have learned from this plan is that there is so much to learn.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #3  

Hi,

I also go to 120th and Blondo (by the way I just responded to your email) and it is really helpful when you get to know people. I was really uncomfortable when I first started going because I am kind of a private person with weightloss but I have met some really sweet people there that have given me great advice. Hang in there and continue to request who you are comfortable with.
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #4  
~Brianne~

S/C/G: 205/185/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm also a 120 & Blondo member... and since I tend to go the same days/times each week, it seems I've been lucky with being passed around to the same 2 or 3 consultants. This has allowed me to develop a relationship with them (and I also happen to be somewhat loud and obnoxious) so it is very nice that when I come in, I'm usually greeted by name, and the consultants are familiar with my "story" so I don't have to explain myself each time I come in.

I'm so excited I'm seeing results and to hear how other Omaha friend are doing!
BrianneRyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #5  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
It was suggested that we start an Omaha/Bellevue thread. I think it is great so that maybe we could meet one another and be more of a support system.

I personally go to the center on 120th & Blondo and typically like most of the consultants but have had a few run ins with mis-information from one of the newer consultants that I did not care for. I was told by one of the consultants that I truly like that if I know a certain consultant is there that day and working that I can simply write their name next to mine on the sign in sheet and will be able to meet with that consultant. So far it has worked. We are paying them a lot of money and should get what we are comfortable with. I don't like walking out of there feeling like a failure.
Thank you for starting this thread.....I think it will be great to compare notes and keep each other motivated. 120th & Blondo is the center I go to as well and so far things have been pretty good. I have only seen the same person twice, otherwise I have seen everyone there. Some do seem to know more than others but overall I think the center is pretty good. Someone mentioned a counsler that they had some conflicts/miss information with, I was just wondering who that was so I can decide if I want to avoid that one.
I think someone said her name started with an "S"? Any way thanks again for starting this thread.....................I look forward to any and all support!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! I go to the Bellevue center. Everyone has been wonderful there. I think I've seen every counselor, I know all but 1 of them pretty well, several very well. I hit a plateau at 29.5 lbs. How frustrating! The next several times I went in, I was encouraged by everyone there. When I finally got rid of that stinkin' .5 lb, they saw the smile and all cheered me. It's nice to know that I can see almost anyone and they know how the plan is going for me, my struggles etc.

Now, I do have a question to throw out. Has anyone been to Vala's this year? We're going tomorrow and I may just take an off plan dinner. I've never cheated on plan but I've thought this through long and hard. Vala's chili bowl is calling my name!!! Has anyone ever done that? Had a planned cheat? If so, how bad did it ding you on plan?
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

i goto this center as well. My absolute favorite is Charlotte, have had some of the others, but its just different with someone who doesnt know your history, you go in, give your food sheet, weigh in, do your BP check and walk out again, thats kinda de-motivating.... But i guess its also up to us to make sure that they do their job, by having questions ready. Its just that i never have any
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Thank you for starting this thread.....I think it will be great to compare notes and keep each other motivated. 120th & Blondo is the center I go to as well and so far things have been pretty good. I have only seen the same person twice, otherwise I have seen everyone there. Some do seem to know more than others but overall I think the center is pretty good. Someone mentioned a counsler that they had some conflicts/miss information with, I was just wondering who that was so I can decide if I want to avoid that one.
I think someone said her name started with an "S"? Any way thanks again for starting this thread.....................I look forward to any and all support!

It was me - the one I don't care for is Shirley. She is a newer gal. I was in there yesterday afternoon and they have yet another new person starting and her name I believe it Lauren - she has piercings down her neck line in the back (looks just like rhinestones on her neck).
Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabeelmalik View Post
i goto this center as well. My absolute favorite is Charlotte, have had some of the others, but its just different with someone who doesnt know your history, you go in, give your food sheet, weigh in, do your BP check and walk out again, thats kinda de-motivating.... But i guess its also up to us to make sure that they do their job, by having questions ready. Its just that i never have any

I totally agree with you in that when it is someone who doesn't know your history it does make it de-motivating. We pay money for them to help motivate us correct??? So hopefully you can get with someone you are comfortable with but it is their policy that you can't always see the same person each and every time. But if there is a particular individual you are not fond of and don't care to see at all the next time you go in maybe talk to Thea (the manager) or even the consultant you are with and just say is it possible you could make a note in my chart that I am not comfortable with seeing "X" when I come in.

I don't always have questions either but there are going to be times when we don't. But that doesn't mean we aren't there to not be motivated!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #10  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I am going to my very first consult tonight at the Belleuve Center. How does everyone like it. I am a bit concerned because I am a VERY VERY picky eater. I just hope I can do this. I have struggled with my weight for the past 12 years and I want it gone so I can do things like run around with my boys!! I hope that everyone there is helpful and that I can stick to it and not quit like I have all the other times I start something. I think this blog will be helpful and that is great knowing it is here!!
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #11  

Hi Just joined the Omaha group on 120th a month ago. have lost 7 lbs so far, so thats incouraging to me right there. So far I have liked the ones who are helping me, and look forward to this new way of life.. glad to see a omaha group.. how fun is this. I may have to ask for help, as I have only been on program now for 4 days, and coming up with variety is getting to be fun.. any ideas?
scrappyhappyglenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #12  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

3ducksmom,
If you must eat off plan up your water intake by alot! You will be eating so much more salt in the food that you do not prepare. The extra water will help get rid of it. Best to not eat off plan but if you must, you must. And I agree I love Vals's chilli bowls. Yummy!

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #13  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I had my consult on Friday last week. Going to sign up tonight. I am going to the Belleuve center and I was impressed when I spoke with the counselor but I can not remember her name. I told her how nervous I was about the veggies...she said you will be fine, trust me. Well, I hope she is right. I am soooo nervous about that. I know if I go into this with the attitude I can't do it I will fail in the end so I am trying to psych myself up and say "YES I CAN". Wish me luck!
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote