Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Talking I am so HAPPY!

I just am. This is the best journey ever!

As I sit here with two lunching kiddo's (they have natural pb and honey on whole wheat with peaches, mandarins and yogurt) and Lady Gaga BLASTING on the stereo and we're all groovin... I can't help but think that I might not even BE here if it weren't for all of my hard work this year. I saved my own life and now I get to FREAKING LIVE IT.

Ecstatic I tell ya.

It's a good day

Why is it a good day for you???
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Well, I am not listenting to blaring music....... but I do feel good today. Like you, I put in a lot of hard work..... Losing this much weight had nothing to do with "luck" it had to do with EFFORT. As I sit in my office where people are eating candy left and right and ordering take out..... I remind myself that this time last year, everything was a chore for me..... and now I "get" to do certain things like take a walk during my lunch..... instead of feeling miserable about what I ate.

I feel GREAT! Like another poster said on another thread, I feel like I have won the lottery!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm having a rough day... TOM is here, I'm tired and cranky and just want the kids to vanish.... but it's a good day, I have drank my water and am right where I should be with my calories for this time of the day.... and if I can muster the desire to get out of the house this evening, I'm going to go buy new underwear because mine are falling off my butt!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

A friend asked in all seriousness last night if I was going to start modelling again, something I haven't done since I was 20 years old, LOL. Yeah right. But it's been a good day, nevertheless.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Everyday that I stick to plan is a good day for me. I think my journey is my new obsession. It's on my mind all the time. For me that's what keeps me strong. This is the first time trying to lose weight that I have stuck to plan religiously for 5 months. I try to wake up everyday with a positive attitude. I feel proud of myself everyday...and thats what makes it a great day!
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I feel good today because tomorrow is my birthday. This is the first birthday I have had in 16 years that will not be spent OVERWEIGHT!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I can't help but think that I might not even BE here if it weren't for all of my hard work this year.
Wow, you lost an amazing amount of weight!! Well done!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Today I'm happy because I'm in love, and I'm not terrified by the prospect for the first time in a long time. I forgot how good it feels. (And it's great for weight loss too, the scale has been plummeting lately.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

cfmama: Congrats on your awesome success with weight loss and improving your health. Congrats also on feeding your kids in a healthy way. I am happy for you to have such a happy mood today. You are amazing and you deserve many days of great moods.

I'm glad others are having good days too. I hope there are many more for everyone and that there are good days headed in the direction of any of you chicks who are having not so good days right now.

Happy Birthday Thighs.

I am having an extremely happy day too because I have also saved my own life. I won't take the space to type it all again here, I already put it in a thread called MAJOR NSVs, but I will say that I have kicked diabetes' butt. I am sooooo happy right now.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I am so happy today too!! I just feel so alive... excited to BE. I had a walk in the cool sunny fall weather and the smell of leaves just made me happy.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

What a wonderful afternoon you have had!

Unfortunately for this house it has not been a good day. My two year old has swine flu and is pretty miserable (she'll be fine, just lots of vomiting) and so I was up with her all night. Then my one year old was awakened by her crying and decided to stay up fussing too, so sleep was non-existent.

It's been a very long day already. Fortunately she is now taking a nap and little sister is playing in the living room, so the day is improving. But sick kids are never fun!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #12  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

As of today my BMI finally dropped under 40!!! Which means I'm no longer "morbidly obese."
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I'm happy for you. I have to re-commit myself to losing weight - thanks for the inspiration!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I am not a member of this forum, but just wanted to post and say, cfmama, I LOVE your message. It is so life affirming and you are so inspiring! Thanks!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #15  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Seriously... the longer I go on this journey, the more I find myself walking on that good ole Cloud 9!!! For the first time in a long time, I feel content with the direction my life is going..... makes you wonder what in the H*LL we were thinking to let it go so bad and become so crappy feeling!!!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote