Old 10-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #1  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Can't Get Going...Need Help

Hey there,

I try and try and try to restart the program but can't seem to make it through day 1....

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks for any and all help....

Shelby
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Just got back from a long weekend away and was feeling the same way. Had quite a bit of off program food and way too much alcohol. Today I woke up at home and just wanted to eat whatever. I had a meal bar to try and break the salt/carb cravings. Pushing the water and trying to remember the drinks have been difficult. Just feeling very uninspired. But gained 4 pounds and want it off!
So I think taking it one meal at a time. So choosing to eat something that was on program for breakfast was not quite as daunting as planning the whole day. Write down what is important to you, goals/what you will miss on the diet. Why is losing the weight so important to you. Visit these reasons and you might find the drive to get through day one. After that is day 2 and then before you know it, you are back in the swing of things. Good luck and keep posting!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #3  
Shelby

Thanks for the inspiration...I've been off program for a few months....really terribly hard to get back into the swing of things...

I finally kicked my diet pepsi habit but have been having a really hard time with sweets...today I decided I would go three days with no sweets...I can make it three days...I hope...if I get that far I can take the next step...

I had a pretty good op breakfast for preconditioning but could have done better...but I'm really going to take this one step at a time...so sugar is my main problem to deal with for the next few days...

I need to lose weight...I can't stand myself in pictures...I made a co-worker delete a picture of me yesterday b/c I looked terrible...I hate to feel that way...

Good luck getting back on board...it's worth it if you can do it...it really does work...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #4  
Shelby

Ohhhhhhhhh guess what....I just did something really really good...I did a little bit of mindless grazing...grabbed a candy out of a co-worker's candy bowl...popped it in my mouth...and just as I went to chew it caught myself and spit it out in the garbage....I can do this!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there...one day at a time. I really think this is a program where you have to be ready and willing to change. The getting off diet soda scared me more than the food menu I think. I'm also afraid of failing.....again...But I'm doing it. When I started I thought the preconditioning was hard....and then when I saw the yellow menu I could have cried....but made it through and now am on Day 6--Blue Menu. Baby steps...This site helps me a lot too to keep motivated.
I really plan ahead and make sure I make the time to eat....for instance eating that luncheon salad takes more time than the drive thru.....but we're worth it.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #6  
Shelby

ohhhhh sooooooo worth it....I'm definetly taking baby steps...two weeks caffinine free...two weeks diet pepsi free....and 1 day sweets/candy/chocolate free...I ate moderately healthy and had my last two mich pomegrante ultra beers tonight...so tomorrow i'll stop that too...but one thing at a time....if I make it through three days sweets free i'm going to start the diet 100%....but i have to get off sweets....otherwise I'll be concentrating on too many things at once....i was going to add in 20 minutes of exercise per day for a week before starting but may keep the ball rolling with dieting and wait to start excercise once I start the green menu so I don't get wore out...
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #7  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingagain22 View Post
Ohhhhhhhhh guess what....I just did something really really good...I did a little bit of mindless grazing...grabbed a candy out of a co-worker's candy bowl...popped it in my mouth...and just as I went to chew it caught myself and spit it out in the garbage....I can do this!!!
YEAH! Shelby! GOOD JOB! That's how habits are broken and changed into good habits - 1st remembering after the fact, then catching oneself in the act, next realizing before you actually put your hand out until, finally you can just walk by that horrid candy bowl and not even notice it is there. You can do this!!! You are so smart, cutting first one thing out, then a few days later another. By the green menu, you'll be ready to exercise. One day at a time!

Last edited by reuselady; 10-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #8  

Quote:
Great Job! That takes a mind that is in the here and now! An easy excuse would have been. Well, it is already in my mouth so I might as well eat it. But you didn't! You chose to spit it out and took control. You did not let that peice of candy control you. And you did it at work, some might have been too self conscious to do that. That doubles your strength!!!!!!!!
Now you keep making those great choices! Let us know how you are doing. Forcing down water myself. Left my favorite water bottle in friend's car so I have to actually get off my lazy behind and fill up a glass with ice and water. Whaa! Whine!
Who said you couldn't have wine on this diet. You just spell it with an h!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #9  
Shelby

Thanks Ladies!!! Hi Jeannette!! You found me here...

Oh my goodness Lori too funny about spitting that candy out at work...we're in a very small office and everyone can see what everyone else is doing an I completely thought about how hoggish it looked for me to spit it out...but better out than in...so I took my chances of embarrasment...

So today is day 2 sweets free...I'm on a roll now!!

Good luck ladies!!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #10  

Quote:

Oh my goodness Lori too funny about spitting that candy out at work...we're in a very small office and everyone can see what everyone else is doing an I completely thought about how hoggish it looked for me to spit it out...but better out than in...so I took my chances of embarrasment...

So today is day 2 sweets free...I'm on a roll now!!

Good luck ladies!!
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing stops you now!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #11  
jeanette

Quote:
Okay, Shelby, How's it going? I'm going to be out of town for a week and don't know if I'll be able to get on the internet. I'll miss everyone terribly if I can't. I'll be in week 5 of Stabilization and will try to follow it as best as I'm able. We'll be walking a lot and I'll get to do some yoga on my own in the mornings and hopefully exercise in a swimming pool a couple times.

I hope things have gone well for you this week. Everyday is a new day - take it one day, one meal at a time. Here's sending you some

jeanette
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #12  
Shelby

Awe thanks!! Will power dust!! I'll make the best of that!! Saturday I went out of town to go Christmas shopping...got it all done...yay...but went off track on the diet...then yesterday was my son's 6th Birthday and well that was even worse...so today I went to the store and got some great op foods...first step is to be prepared...and now....I'm prepared...no excuses...I'm free and clear until Thanksgiving now...time to get my grove on!!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #13  
jeanette

Quote:
Awe thanks!! Will power dust!! I'll make the best of that!! Saturday I went out of town to go Christmas shopping...got it all done...yay...but went off track on the diet...then yesterday was my son's 6th Birthday and well that was even worse...so today I went to the store and got some great op foods...first step is to be prepared...and now....I'm prepared...no excuses...I'm free and clear until Thanksgiving now...time to get my grove on!!
Hey Groovy Lady! I hope you are enjoying the fruits of your shopping trip. You can do it. Will you go through Yellow and Blue again?

I got a laptop connection finally and got to read through all the posts I've missed. I have been exercising every day and trying to eat well but not always completely On Program. We are at Myrtle Beach and had a wonderful day yesterday - I did water aerobics, while my husband climbed up and down the 11 flights of stairs (ugh!) then we went and wallked for four hours at Brookgreen Gardens - an outdoor sculpture gardens built on an old Rice Plantation with beautiful old trees, flowers, fountains and poems carved in stone plaques in the garden walls. We made sandwiches and ate our lunch by a pond there (all OP). On the way back to the condo, we stopped at Dick's Sporting goods and I bought a pair of New Balance running shoes for walking in (how's that for timing - anyway, I now have them for the rest of the week) and then we went to T-Bonz for Happy Hour - an Octoberfest and shrimp quesadilla (I'm not sure but I don't think that is On Program) but I ate all the salsa, lettuce and chopped up tomatoes). I had intended to go through the Stabilization sheets and figure out what I'm really supposed to be eating this week and have not done it yet - maybe it will rain tomorrow and I'll get that done so I can see if I'm at all close to program. I think I really need to just repeat week 5 next week after I get it figured out.

Well, we've off to do something - talk to you later. Keep up the good work!
jeanette
Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #14  
Shelby

Jeannette!! Look at you!! You're doing sooooooo good!! Soooooo proud of you woman!! I hear Myrtle Beach is such a beautiful place to visit, I can't wait to get to do that myself someday. And yes shoes before all that walking would have been much better timing for your toesies!! LOL

I'm doing pretty good here!! I was Off Program for the past two days and today is my first day back on...I want to make it through three good days on pre-conditioning with no goof ups and then I'm going to do the Yellow menu and start from scratch...today so far so good...I am still diet pepsi and caffinine free for three weeks now I think so as long as I lay off that stuff I should be able to get rolling here...

Today my problem is Dunkin Donuts..I want a pumpkin muffin...630 fatty crazy calories and a pumpkin cappachino in excess of another 350 calories...i really want it but know in my heart that I should not...who needs all that fat and calories for just one meal....ugh...darn commercials...go away and get out of my head....seasonal...limited time...AHHHHHHHHHH

Back to work!!

Good Luck ladies....
Old 10-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #15  
jeanette

Quote:
Today my problem is Dunkin Donuts..I want a pumpkin muffin...630 fatty crazy calories and a pumpkin cappachino in excess of another 350 calories...i really want it but know in my heart that I should not...who needs all that fat and calories for just one meal....ugh...darn commercials...go away and get out of my head....seasonal...limited time...AHHHHHHHHHH
So I'm sitting here thinking, "Oh, that sounds so good - Okay, buy one muffin and freeze it, when you get to Maintenance, thaw it out and cut it into 4 or six morsels (160 or 105 cal.) and savor at 4 or 6 different times. But how do they make a pumpkin cappuccino? My husband suggests it is the spices, put nutmeg and cinnamon in a frothed instant coffee and vanilla drink concoction." And then I remembered a post from another thread I read today - someone talking about her birthday and she si not going to have any birthday cake - she's had birthday cake before and she'll have it again. That is the better attitude - DD will have these pumpkin treats next year and if you can tow the line this year, next year, you can have one, one whole muffin and enjoy it that day, guiltfree. Meanwhile, pumpkin is a squash (although one we can't have for a while, but spaghetti squash, by itself is pretty bland, I wonder how spaghetti squash blended up smooth,with pumpkin pie spices, mixed with vanilla pudding HNS, sweetened with Stevia if needed - might make a nice fall treat. And I'm definitely going to experiment with a coffee concoction using nutmeg, cinnamon and a dash of cloves! Stay Strong, Shelby! We will prevail (& I'll post more pictures when I get home) jeanette