General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default Drop Dead Diva

Anyone watching this show the season finale was last night and I missed it cause I was in Vegas. Now I am bout to watch it =) Am I the only one who watches this show anyone else out there think that it's an okay show? If you guys have not watched it you guys should try watching its on the website mylifetime. Here's a little about the show

The show tells the story of a beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe, Deb, who has a fatal car accident and suddenly finds herself in front of Heaven's gatekeeper, Fred, who declares her a self-centered "zero." Outraged, Deb attempts to persuade Fred to return her to her shallow existence but is accidentally relegated to the body of the recently deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). A brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney with a loyal assistant (Margaret Cho), Jane has always lived in the shadow of her more comely colleagues, whereas Deb has always relied on her external beauty. Now, by a twist of fate and a bolt of divine intervention, Deb must come to terms with inhabiting Jane’s plus-size frame and learn to reconcile her beauty queen ways with her brilliant new mind. -Lifetime
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I saw about one or two episodes, at the beginning of the season. I kinda liked it, thought some of the writing was smart, but overall it didn't hold my attention. But I was happy to see it aired. I thought they did a pretty good job with a sensitive subject.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes, but it stopped holding my attention. I don't like the fact that she still has connections to her past life. It has made for too many awkward moments. I thought I would like the show, but I don't.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Aw, I love that show!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #5  
*Determined*

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I love Drop Dead Diva! I really like Brooke Elliot. I'm glad to see a plus-size girl "get" to be attractive and smart for once! I think she dresses cute, too!
andi654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/128/115

Height: 5'2"

That show is awesome and I never miss it!
diane1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #7  
Never More Than Today!

S/C/G: 192/149.8/135

Height: 5'2

I love Drop Dead Diva, as well! I think the story line is cute. Brooke Elliot plays a mean Jane!

Decided to edit to say they better bring back Fred. I think the Stacey/Fred subplot was adorable!

Last edited by KurLEQ; 10-12-2009 at 09:46 PM.
KurLEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

I wasn't sure about the show the first time I watched it but decided to give it another try and now I'm hooked.I think it's great that they approach the subject of weight on most of the episodes.I'm sorry to see the season end so soon.Hope it comes bak on fast!!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #9  

LOVE DDD!!!!! I miss Fred though. I was disappointed when he first went off then a few episodes later he came back and then left again! Grr. I loved Fred.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #10  

I love the show, too--which means it won't be around very long, I'm afraid.

I haven't gotten to watch Sunday's episode. I dvr'd it, just haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Well I watched the season finale the other day it was interesting I hope she really doesn't leave the law firm. I also want Fred back too!! He had an adorable role and I hope he comes back next season =) *Crosses finger* I also want Grayson to figure out that Jane is really Deb, but if that ever happens I think there will be no more storyline to go on with =(
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #12  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I LOVE this show. I think that even if Grayson figures out she's Deb there could be an interesting storyline. Who knows. I think its great that they are doing show with a plus size beautiful woman in the lead. I think she does a great job! I can't wait for next season..
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I have also seen and enjoyed all the episodes. It is great to see Deb transitioning into Jane. She has really grown as a person and she shows size does not matter
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I love this show! Fred was my favorite. I really hope he comes back.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerios View Post
Well I watched the season finale the other day it was interesting I hope she really doesn't leave the law firm. I also want Fred back too!! He had an adorable role and I hope he comes back next season =) *Crosses finger* I also want Grayson to figure out that Jane is really Deb, but if that ever happens I think there will be no more storyline to go on with =(
I think there could be a good storyline if Grayson ever found out Jane was really Deb. It could deal with what a LOT of people deal with in the real world ( unfortunately ) and that is the whole beauty over brains, so to speak. While he loved Deb ... was it superficial??? Was it just her looks? Was a big part of it how she looked? If he found out Deb was Jane ... would it really matter how she looked or would he be too caught up in how " Jane " looks on the outside even though it was really Deb. Could be an interesting storyline ... even though I'm sure it'd hit a little too close to home for a lot of women. You know ... guy thinks you have a great personality ... but not attracted to you.

Personally I'd like to see Grayson fall for Jane on his own without knowing she's really Deb.

Regardless, I hope in the end ... when the show is said and done ( hopefully a LONG LONG LONG time from now ) that Grayson and Jane end up together in whatever way possible.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote