Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #1  

Default Do you exercise several times a day?

I find that on some days (especially days I'm not working) I will work out in the morning, then later on (after I'm showered with makeup on, of course) I decide to work out again. Sometimes it's because I ate something I feel the need to work off, and sometimes its because I've eaten really healthy and I want to get "ahead of the game." Does anyone else do this? I don't think I'm working out to the point of injuring myself but I wonder if I'm becoming obsessive.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I do 3 workouts a day, 5 days a week. Each work out is 30 minutes and is a combination of cardio and weights.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wow. In the summer when I have more free time I'll occasionally do two a day - maybe a walk in the morning and tennis or a bike ride in the evening. But once school starts (I teach high school), I'm grateful for once a day about 5 days per week. I do not have the oomph in the morning to work out before school (I have to be at work at 7:20). More power to you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I divide my workouts so I suppose you could call it 2 a day. I run in the morning at ~ 5:30 but I have to be done no later than 6:45 so I can get the kids ready for school. I eat breakfast then. After I drop the kids off at school I head to the gym to do my weights at 8:30 or sometimes I wait until 9:30 if I am going to do my weights and the yoga class at 10.

Every once in a while I will do another 20 minute workout in the late afternoon just to rev me up.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #5  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

With very rare exception (like: due to illness or travel), I work out for at least an hour every morning. Since I'm trying to drop a few pounds right now, I've added in after-work sessions two or three times a week. I try to balance cardio, strength, and flexibility work. But, it depends on my schedule, there's only so many hours in a day. I would do double work-outs every day if my schedule permitted.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

In the summer I'll jog in the morning, bike in the afternoon and do the gym at night... I don't consider myself obsessive at all, I don't do this every single day, I don't get injured, so I'm good ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I "work out" multiple times a day, but only in the morning do I do realy intense things. I usually do 30DS and a 2.5 mile walk with my dogs in the morning. I take a 30 minute walk in the early afternoon or around lunch time at work. When it was super hot (and now that it's getting cold) I walked inside the building complex so that I wouldn't get sweaty. In the afternoons/evenings I either go to the barn to ride a horse, or I'll go for another walk with my husband and the dogs, or I'll try to do something else that is fairly active like vigorous house work or yard work.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I workout every chance I have... Yesterday, Sunday, I did my cardio and weights as usual and as I had some free time during the afternoon I’ve done other section of cardio (usually when I am doing a extra section of exercise I take it easy, since my workout for the day is already done).
I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I try to see it as a make up for some days I am not able to workout at all, like vacations, holidays, travel, etc...
It actually make me feel good, because I don't feel like a potato couch as I used to be, when every chance I had I would sit down and watch tv or be on the computer.

Last edited by belezura; 10-12-2009 at 12:01 PM.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

I do my regular workout in the mornings -- I alternate cardio and weights day to day. If I feel like it I do an "extra" workout in the evenings, usually pilates or yoga.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Since I started wearing a pedometer everything I do feels like it's a workout. Truthfully I work out intensely in the morning, then find time in the evening for a leisurely walk, but everything in between counts as steps for me.

Think of it this way, it's not exercise, you're just maintaining a high activity level and that's healthy! If you tell people you exercise 2-3 times a day they'll rush to tell you that you shouldn't be doing that and you should rest your muscles yadda yadda yadda. But if you tell them you walked to the market or ran to buy a newspaper then you're just being "active!"
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I think its whatever you are comfortable with. Working out is enjoyable to me so I have no problems getting something in whever I am in the mood for it.

Yesterday I went to the gym before work and did a quick run on the treadmill and a spin class and then in the evening I had dragonboat training which consisted of 20 minutes strength/condition work and about 75 minutes on the water hard paddling.

I tend to do mulitple sessions more frequently in the warmer/lighter months as well...it's just inspiring to be out and about moving
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #12  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I work out twice a day as well - weights and cardio in the morning and a class at night 5 days a week - Yoga, kickboxing, bootcamp, etc. I don't have enough time in the morning and it balances out my need to work out alone and then with others as well. I thought I might be obsessing, but I stretch a lot and it feels great - better than sitting at home doing nothing. Sometimes when I want to watch a good TV show, I go to the gym and do it - just riding the bike or walking on the treadmill - it feels good and it keeps food out of my mouth.

For me, I am just making sure I am not eating too little for working out twice a day which is usually about 3.5 hours in total. I eat 6-7 meals a day - but smaller ones to accomodate this.
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #13  
Future Former Fat Girl

I am starting to work out more than one time per day now. I'm still very unfit and it's been a challenge. So, I will do a workout in the morning - as much as I possibly can. Then later in the day I will come back and do another type. Like walking in the morning and pilates later. Or, Wii Fit in the morning and step class later. I'm finding that breaking up my workouts like this lets me get more exercise time in without worry that I'll injure myself. Plus, it gives me something to look forward to later in the day!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I exercise at least twice a day, on my lunch breaks at work and in the evening...if I'm really motivated when my alarm goes off in the morning, I will even try to get something in there, but this is just how I have things planned out. I don't always have time to do everything in the evening, and I'm not willing to get up early enough to do all of it in the morning, so I fit it in where it's most convenient for me. I'm much more likely to stick with it if it's convenient.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #15  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

I have been kinda slacking the last couple weeks and only doing 1 workout most days, but usually I do 2 with the occasional day where I fit in 3. I usually do 30 minutes or so on the elliptical, a video, and 3 days a week there is now C25K in my routine (on those days I probably skip one of the others, but sometimes not). The alternating days when I'm not doing C25K I may sub spin class for my elliptical and then do the elliptical anyway later if I feel like a 3rd workout. I do take rest days every week. I used to be very bad about not taking them, but I do feel better if I take them, so I've started trying very hard to do so.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote