Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

Default I feel like I have faild

Well I have it the bottom ( or so I feel like I have) last week I didn't even go weigh in I have been so stressed out! I weighed myself and it said I gained a pound I know it's not good to be stressed if u r trying to lose weight but I have been going through a lot of things this past week and I feel like I just want to give up! Does anyone have any pointers on how to stay op when life gets hard?
Thanks
Alisha
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Alisha, I have also had a couple bad stressful weeks, but I just told myself that eating things that I shouldn't isn't going to make the situation any better. Have you talked to your councelors or been to an emotional eating class yet? I think that would be pretty helpful to you. You are not a failure unless you choose to be. Sounds like you have been doing a great job from looking at your ticker. Talk to your center and let them help you through this. That is what they are getting paid for. If we can't get through the weight loss part through stressful situations, how will we be able to live the rest of our lives without gaining weight when we are stressed out. Please don't give up. You can do this and you are worth it.. Hang in there.. I am right there with you!
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

You haven't failed. You just hit a rough spot. Just think about the weight you've lost, that's incredible! I agree with Ronnie, You're not a failure unless you choose to be.

Last edited by desilu0; 10-12-2009 at 05:46 PM.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisanchez18 View Post
Well I have it the bottom ( or so I feel like I have) last week I didn't even go weigh in I have been so stressed out! I weighed myself and it said I gained a pound I know it's not good to be stressed if u r trying to lose weight but I have been going through a lot of things this past week and I feel like I just want to give up! Does anyone have any pointers on how to stay op when life gets hard?
Thanks
Alisha
It's a new day for you...go forward and keep walking. I have some stressful issues in my life right now that I can't change. It is typical for me to eat more sugar and carbs when under stress but so far so good......In an odd way---I'm staying the course at this point because this is something I CAN CONTROL---as opposed to things out of my control that need my acceptance. Don't know if that helps you or not but the new perspective is certainly a welcome change for me.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Just don't dwell, distract yourself when you're feeling down!
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

I also am going through an extremely stressful situation right now and its always on my mind, but I just think about how happy I will be when I look and feel healthy and get my self esteem up again. I have alot of belly fat due to being so stressed for the past few years so I am taking the Corti-trim to try and help with that. Just focus on yourself and making yourself happy. Easier said than done, I know, but take it a day at a time and you will pull through.
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Always remember that the hard times have the potential to make us stronger. If you can get through this difficult time, you will make it the entire way. I am praying for you. Don't give up!

Please don't give up!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #8  

This will probably be counter to some of the advice you get here, but, when I get stressed, food DOES play a part in my management and it hasn't adversely affected my weight loss. So, if you can find a way to use food to your advantage without sabotaging yourself, you way want to find that method.

One suggestion is to switch to a maintenance way of thinking. Losing weight is EXTREMELY stressful at times, and you really don't need that on top of everything else. Remove some of the restrictions you place on yourself for a while and slowly add them back as the stress relieves

- if exercising is not difficult, eat more and maintain exercise. You will experience less stress from having to do both exercise AND restricting to the same extreme

-if exercise IS difficult (time wise) stop/reduce the exercise for a while and continue to eat well.

Another suggestion, the one I'm sure will be booed here, for a short term stress, is to treat yourself with something you KNOW will make you happy. When I get really upset I go and buy myself a pint of Ben&Jerries peanutbutter cup ice cream. I eat all the peanutbutter cups and whatever icecream comes with them, and throw out all the ice cream that's left after (because the good part is gone). For whatever reason, this works for me. The worse that happens that week is I don't lose weight. Whatever. I've NEVER GAINED WEIGHT FROM INDULGING ONCE TO REDUCE STRESS. As long as you can do it JUST ONCE, you are gold. Otherwise, this method won't work for you.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #9  
Diet Diva

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

I don't know what week of Connections Class your center is on right now, but you should ask them for the handouts that deal with the stress management class. It really helps me when I'm in a crazy situation and want to run to the fridge!

A 1 lb gain feels like it really sucks, I know it. But, you can get that back off again in no time by keeping to the plan and drinking all of your water. Try to drink max HNS and "stay clear" (no creamies). Try not eating any of the apples (even though they're op they have more carbs than the other fruits.) and find a mantra. Seriously! It helps to have something to fall back on to help get you through the rough times. Mine is the first couple of lines of Adele's "Chasing Pavements." (I've made up my mind, no need to think it over.) This is a reminder to me that I've already decided what I want out of life. There's no need to "think it over" to myself and try to rationalize my way into some cookies. So, during the chorus (Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements) I'm reminded that I should keep going. I've made up my mind.

Best of luck to you!!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

thank you all for the support! i went to weigh in yesterday (didnt want to but did) and i lost 1.5 i was shocked that i did loose that being under so much stress.... as for classes i have not been to one they dont even tell me about them my center has gone down hill since they have all these new people working there there the lady that signed me up and was supposed to be my consultant quit working there there... there is the other lady there and she is just awesome but i always get stuck with the new ones and they all tell me something different i really dont think that helps me... oh and i was so mad yesterday i got to the center went to check my keytones and my husband was sitting in the lobby and he heard that girl asking the other girl " its time for her measurement how do i measure her?" so she measures me an she did it all wrong and then wrote it on all my chart and she said i was up on all my measurement um hellooo i am loosing weight non on my clothes fit anymore how can i be up on all my measurement " ugh" im so thinking about not going back there and try to find a different center... would i have to pay to go to a different center? thanks again!!
alisha
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisanchez18 View Post
thank you all for the support! i went to weigh in yesterday (didnt want to but did) and i lost 1.5 i was shocked that i did loose that being under so much stress.... as for classes i have not been to one they dont even tell me about them my center has gone down hill since they have all these new people working there there the lady that signed me up and was supposed to be my consultant quit working there there... there is the other lady there and she is just awesome but i always get stuck with the new ones and they all tell me something different i really dont think that helps me... oh and i was so mad yesterday i got to the center went to check my keytones and my husband was sitting in the lobby and he heard that girl asking the other girl " its time for her measurement how do i measure her?" so she measures me an she did it all wrong and then wrote it on all my chart and she said i was up on all my measurement um hellooo i am loosing weight non on my clothes fit anymore how can i be up on all my measurement " ugh" im so thinking about not going back there and try to find a different center... would i have to pay to go to a different center? thanks again!!
alisha
Alisha, glad to hear your WI wasn't as bad as you thought it would be! Sounds like you are doing better than you thought. You could always talk to the manager of your center and let them know you are not getting good consistant help there. If you change centers, I don't think you will have to pay again since they are all under the same umbrella so to speak. I would check into it if you don't get any help from the center you are going to now.. Hang in there and congratulations on the 1.5 gone.! You go girl..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote