Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default The Zone

I just recently who saw a nutritionist who told me the best diet for me would be Dr. Sears The Zone diet. I was just looking for some feedback from other people. Have you every tried the zone ? If you have, what was your experience like ? did it work ?
Anyway feedback anyone has to offer would be appreciated
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #2  
99 lbs. Gone!

It's a very healthy diet. Are you diabetic or borderline? For me, it was too restrictive.
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I got a bit confused by the "blocks," at first. I don't follow the Zone, but I used a lot of the Zone principles in the exchange plan I do follow (I've read several of the Zone books, and they influenced the plan I did create for myself. I also learned alot from the South Beach diet and the Volumetrics book, and right now I'm reading The end of overeating - which is a really interesting read).

If you log your food into online food journals like the one at Spark People, or The Daily Plate, it gives nutritional percentages and I think would make following the Zone even easier.

Last edited by kaplods; 10-12-2009 at 10:51 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

It is a good healthy diet. It was just confusing, time consuming and planning since you have to follow a 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat nutrition ratio for each meal. I still generally try to have a protein, carb and fat with each meal just not always those exact %s. I also feel fuller longer eating that way.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default thanks

thanks for the feedback. I am not a diabetic nor do I have any other health issues. I'm trying to stay on the zone but it is a little hard making sure I get everything I need. I actually made and printed a list of 5 options for each meal. So that when I go to eat I already have a few options to pick from preplanned meals. It goes a little smoother that way so I'm not standing in the kitchen scratching my heard trying to figure out what to eat.
I'm really awful at logging my food in a journal. I've tried and after a few days I give up. Its frustrating. My life is so hectic sometimes and it just gets in the way of the really important things, which I'm sure a lot of people understand.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote