Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Help! Panicking

So I read this site all the time and know that it has a lot of support available - that's why I'm coming her, to all of you. I've yo-yoed for a long time. I was a lucky person with my weight until motherhood 135 turned to my present 180 (my youngest are 4, so they can no longer be held responsible for their mommy's fat . I've done lots of dieting, and had many periods of giving up. Everything else in my life is pretty good, so maybe I'm just not meant to be thin again. Well, recently I was very lucky to join a challenge at my gym where the woman who runs it helps you by giving you a diet and holding exercise classes - great support right? Well, I was not eating well at all before I began this diet on Sunday, so I thought that I'd lose weight pretty quickly - but not an ounce. I can't believe it. She told me that I should lose weight definitely if I followed the plan. Other people are losing weight.

I should tell you that last year I did have bloodwork done and there is nothing wrong with my thyroid. Saturday I did a spin class and a weight class (lots of pain) then yesterday I attended another class called total physique (light weights). Should I start running?

Food - I have eaten basically the same thing each day:

breakfast a protein shake - 120 cal
snack - egg whites with peppers and onions
lunch - large salad with grilled chicken and spray 2 calorie dressing
snack - 4oz orange juice (to take my powder vitamin with) and 1/2 protein bar (110 cal)
dinner - grilled chicken and some microwaved veggies (broccoli or spinach)
snack - another protein shake

If anyone out there can help me, I'd really appreciate it. I am scared that I will never lose this weight. To be really trying with no result is frightening and I will be so embarassed to weigh in with no result.

Heartfelt thanks.
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Do you know how many calories you are having per day?

Last edited by jefferzzzz; 10-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #3  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

You can be gaining muscle because of the exercising so don't let the scale be a factor...stay motivated and keep doing what you're doing.
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #4  

According to Fitday it is 1,625 calories. The gym's philosophy is that we should count calories just eat healthy food.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Well, eating healthy foods is great but you also need to be sure you are getting enough food to fuel your body.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #6  

Onederchic - So, about how many calories would that be? I am 5'5" and 180 right now.

Lil' Pixie - I suppose that could be, but I've only worked out twice.

Last edited by cyndyjlo; 10-07-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

In my opinion, no one can give you an exact number of calories a person needs to eat to lose weight, it is more about trial and error. For me, I am 5'2" and I am losing an average of 8-10 pounds monthly with 1350 calories a day, on average. I am not suggesting that you (or anyone else) lower their calories to 1350, I am just stating my own caloric intake.

Changing up your eating and/or exercise routine may help as well.

I wish you nothing but success with your goals. Keep us posted
Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think you should be eating closer to 1350-1400 calories a day, 1600 is not bad but if you want quicker loss you might want to lower them a bit.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #9  

Okay. I think you are right. I am already so hungry, but I get it that calories count.

Thanks - I'll keep posting.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

Yes, please keep posting and let us know how things are working out
Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL PiXiE View Post
You can be gaining muscle because of the exercising so don't let the scale be a factor...stay motivated and keep doing what you're doing.
Well the thing is, it takes months and months of pretty intense specific muscle training for a woman to build muscle, so gaining muscle is not the issue here.

But am I reading this correctly? You started on Sunday and today is Wednesday? Because that's not really enough time for a program to be effective. STICK with the program. Give it some time.

Rest assured that you DO have the capability to lose weight. You just need to be faithful to a plan and give that plan some time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Right on RockinRobin...Give it time, Girlie!! You also must get in lots and lots of water, I know what a cliche but it really is important!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #13  

Thanks for all of your support! Well, I did take all of your advice and persisted. I starting weighing and measuring my food and added in a few more cardio days - and I'm working on the water (need to improve on that - I just keep forgetting to sip!) And the scale finally began to move!!!

Overall, I think my attitude has improved, even before results began to show, and that was largely due to all of your comments, so thank you!

Maybe I was being a bit like one of those contestants on the Biggest Loser who have unreasonable expectations and thinks that they are doing all they can, but it seems obvious to the viewers that they are not, then Jillian or Bob sets them straight. Thanks for your kind advice!