Old 10-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default 200 pounds plus /50 pounds or more take 3

Well, we made it past 500 posts and time to start a new thread.

I think this weekend rocked guy friend's world. Not enough to call him BF yet but he has been very involved. Stopped by to help unload a freezer, talked seriously with my middle one who is having difficulties with school. (he is a special ed student and having problems socially). Then he contacted me tonight that I left my favorite water bottle in his car. I have been looking everywhere for it. So I will head over there later to pick it up. That is probably why I am not drinking enough water.
He also dropped his jaw when he saw me in the LBD. I had on the leopards under!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lori - I agree with Noahsmama - you two are a very cute couple together and you do look fabulous! Does he have any children? If not, maybe that's why he hesitates... that's a big committment to become apart of someone's life when they have children. Just a thought. I'm glad you have a great time, you deserved it. Now, back on plan, get drinking your water and you'll be to goal in no time
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Well, we made it past 500 posts and time to start a new thread.

I think this weekend rocked guy friend's world. Not enough to call him BF yet but he has been very involved. Stopped by to help unload a freezer, talked seriously with my middle one who is having difficulties with school. (he is a special ed student and having problems socially). Then he contacted me tonight that I left my favorite water bottle in his car. I have been looking everywhere for it. So I will head over there later to pick it up. That is probably why I am not drinking enough water.
He also dropped his jaw when he saw me in the LBD. I had on the leopards under!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lori

So glad to hear that things are going well with the guy friend. What a cute picture, you both look like you're having a great time! Didn't that feel good to make his jaw drop?
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Karen

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Best of luck to you on your 5k, you'll do wonderful. Sending a tail wind your way!
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #5  

Thanks all, I really enjoy the time we spend together. I was not feeling well last night when I picked up the water bottle so he made me drink 3 glasses of water and put me to bed. Then today I dozed on his couch. Working tonight so I needed to rest up. He doesn't have kids and I know that is an issue. Also that he is out of work right now and I have a well paying job. Kinda feels unbalanced. So I give him time and space to make his choices.
Karen, cheering you on for 5k! At least it shouldn't be snowing there. Seeing snowflakes out my window. Leaving early for the drive.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I can not wait to start this diet!! I must say, I have been reading so much of the old posts, and I am amazed at how much you all support one another and encourage each other through this whole process. I am excited to have a support system that I would not have other wise. You are all wonderfull women and have so much to offer one another. I hope that I can be of help to someone else as you all have already been to me. I don't even know any of you, but after reading so much I feel like I know several of you fairly well. Congrats to you all on your successes and good luck with all of your goals. I am anxious to get this party started on my end! I want to be healthy for myself, my husband and my children who are the world to me! God bless you all!!!
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
I can not wait to start this diet!! I must say, I have been reading so much of the old posts, and I am amazed at how much you all support one another and encourage each other through this whole process. I am excited to have a support system that I would not have other wise. You are all wonderfull women and have so much to offer one another. I hope that I can be of help to someone else as you all have already been to me. I don't even know any of you, but after reading so much I feel like I know several of you fairly well. Congrats to you all on your successes and good luck with all of your goals. I am anxious to get this party started on my end! I want to be healthy for myself, my husband and my children who are the world to me! God bless you all!!!
LaRee, you're right where I was a little over 5 months ago. You can do this! It's not easy, but it does work. I need to get refocused. I hit a plateau right after I signed the 50 pound board a month ago, and I haven't been doing my food journal and being as On Plan as I used to be. I'm getting very close to stabilization, so I'm pushing for a perfect OP week! Good luck to you as get started!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #8  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

LaRee, Great that you are so excited, it will help push you along. For me eating on plan has become the norm and it is not that often that I feel deprived. The first few weeks there were times I just wanted to cry. I was tired of preparing all my food and just wanted to grab a handful of chips or a peanut butter sandwich. I still feel like that but it is rare. You will need to find yourself a routine and cook differently but once you do it will become a way of life, and a good way of life.

I also feel like I have made so many friends and I have never even met them. This is a great place to vent your frustrations, brag up your successes and write down the things you would never say to anyone else. We have all been there!

Good luck, you will do great, I know it.

All,
I was a little discouraged today only down 2 pounds since last Friday. My consultant (who I think is wonderful) explained that as I get closer to the 200 mark it may slow down. Also that it has been 12 years since I was at this weight and my body may be trying to hold on. It makes sense to me and made me feel a little better. She said if I only lose a couple of pounds this week they will probably put me on another menu. The one that goes you 4 ounces rather and 6.

Started MRC 5/9/09

Last edited by rip; 10-09-2009 at 07:59 PM.
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #9  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
All,
I was a little discouraged today only down 2 pounds since last Friday. My consultant (who I think is wonderful) explained that as I get closer to the 200 mark it may slow down. Also that it has been 12 years since I was at this weight and my body may be trying to hold on. It makes sense to me and made me feel a little better. She said if I only lose a couple of pounds this week they will probably put me on another menu. The one that goes you 4 ounces rather and 6.
Rip, 2 pounds are 2 pounds! Congratulations! When you change to the 4 oz protein as opposed to the 6 oz protein, I would think you should drink the maximum HNSs at least at first to help your body adjust to the lower amount of food protein. As you get down into the 180's you might not need the extra HNSs as much. I started at 170 and only used 3 HNSs per day. The only time I ever was hungry was when I ate at the Center to try the recipes and I'm sure I did not have the full amount of protein or veggies I was supposed to have. Even if you plateau as you break through this barrier, you will win (lose !) Your body can not hold on to the water weight for too long. Great job! jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #10  

Quote:
I have loved this site and loved the results I get on this diet. Not to say there aren't times when I struggle. However, the people on this site are so beautiful and supportive. I know that no matter what happens, I can come here and laugh, cry, vent and grow. I am so excited you found us and am looking forward to hearing all your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post

Started MRC 5/9/09
Yeah! 2 less pounds to lose! But its so frustrating it is to have the loses slow down. Remember the toilet paper theory, the sheets at the end of the roll are more precious and your body hates to lose them! And the green menu is just within reach. That is great!
I have lost the water weight, according to my own scale from my Omaha trip. I haven't weighted in yet. Feeling a little chicken. I know it is not going to look good. So later today I will bite the bullet (shoot, don't think bullets are OP) and step on their scale. Doing better with food choices and water, but not feeling hungry and have to make myself eat. Where is that coming from? I would think after the eating and boozing last week, I would be starving! Nope, just lazy and not wanting to cook or eat. Oh well, just another day in paradise!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello ladies!!! I have been doing MRC since May of 2008. I have lost a total of 42 pounds and then since November of last year have been slowly gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. Well I have had some major issues in my life (marital issues, depression, etc) and weighed in August 8th and then again on August 29th and then sort of went on the band wagon. I was still eating on plan so to speak but drinking a lot of starbucks/scooters drinks and eating snacks off plan on occasion. Well I finally went and weighed in last night since last weighing in on August 29th and was only up 3 1/2 pounds which I didn't think was terrible for not weighing in in like 6 weeks. So I talked with one of the ladies I like at the center and we decided I would start the meta quick on Sunday and weigh in again on Wednesday.

My struggle is always my water. Some days I am really good and others I can hardly drink 32 ounces. Any suggestions for that??

When I started in May of 2008 I weighed 205.5 and started on the green menu so have always been on the green menu. At the beginning of August I started the yellow and then blue menu but after that is when I had major emotional marital issues and fell off the wagon. You can only start the yellow menu twice a year so I can't do it again until February. So we talked about the about switching to the meta-balance menu which is not chemically balanced with your body (never really did understand that one anyway as it didn't make sense to me). I am not sure about that one you do get to add dairy into your diet (choice of skim milk, soy milk or plain yogurt) and you mix your HNS into your dairy. You also get fruit juice (must be 100% and either grapefruit, orange, tomato, veggie, apple or v8 splash lite). So will decide on that after checking out the grocery store. So we decided for the time being to go back on the green menu and then start the meta-quick on Sunday for 3 days (can do for 7 days a month but I only have 3 shakes left) and then back to the green menu.

Is anyone on here on either the hypoglycemic menu or the meta balance menus??? What do you think of those menus??? I also asked if it is possible since I truly am on like day 512 or something like that if I could possibly start over and be on day 1 - maybe it is a mental thing see the big day number and feeling like I have failed. The counselor said we could do that so hopefully that will help.

I know I also need to get back on the exercise bandwagon and just need that motivation. Any suggestions there??? I may start doing the P90x with a friend at her house while my twins are in preschool. That may help me.

Well need to get a few things done around here - just finished my breakfast but need to drink my HNS from breakfast. Oh the other issue I have troubles with is timing of meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

PS - I need to change my ticker and have no clue how to do it.

Last edited by pamperedmomoftwins; 10-10-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: ticker question
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #12  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Hello ladies!!! I have been doing MRC since May of 2008. I have lost a total of 42 pounds and then since November of last year have been slowly gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. Well I have had some major issues in my life (marital issues, depression, etc) and weighed in August 8th and then again on August 29th and then sort of went on the band wagon. I was still eating on plan so to speak but drinking a lot of starbucks/scooters drinks and eating snacks off plan on occasion. Well I finally went and weighed in last night since last weighing in on August 29th and was only up 3 1/2 pounds which I didn't think was terrible for not weighing in in like 6 weeks. So I talked with one of the ladies I like at the center and we decided I would start the meta quick on Sunday and weigh in again on Wednesday.

My struggle is always my water. Some days I am really good and others I can hardly drink 32 ounces. Any suggestions for that??

When I started in May of 2008 I weighed 205.5 and started on the green menu so have always been on the green menu. At the beginning of August I started the yellow and then blue menu but after that is when I had major emotional marital issues and fell off the wagon. You can only start the yellow menu twice a year so I can't do it again until February. So we talked about the about switching to the meta-balance menu which is not chemically balanced with your body (never really did understand that one anyway as it didn't make sense to me). I am not sure about that one you do get to add dairy into your diet (choice of skim milk, soy milk or plain yogurt) and you mix your HNS into your dairy. You also get fruit juice (must be 100% and either grapefruit, orange, tomato, veggie, apple or v8 splash lite). So will decide on that after checking out the grocery store. So we decided for the time being to go back on the green menu and then start the meta-quick on Sunday for 3 days (can do for 7 days a month but I only have 3 shakes left) and then back to the green menu.

Is anyone on here on either the hypoglycemic menu or the meta balance menus??? What do you think of those menus??? I also asked if it is possible since I truly am on like day 512 or something like that if I could possibly start over and be on day 1 - maybe it is a mental thing see the big day number and feeling like I have failed. The counselor said we could do that so hopefully that will help.

I know I also need to get back on the exercise bandwagon and just need that motivation. Any suggestions there??? I may start doing the P90x with a friend at her house while my twins are in preschool. That may help me.

Well need to get a few things done around here - just finished my breakfast but need to drink my HNS from breakfast. Oh the other issue I have troubles with is timing of meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

PS - I need to change my ticker and have no clue how to do it.
I don't have any suggestions for you on teh water intake because I drink 150+ (usually between 160-180) oz a day. As far as exercising, I am doing the Couch to 5k training program and am getting ready to begin week 8 of that. I wish I could say that I enjoy it but I honestly don't. I'm just proud of myself for sticking with it.

They say to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up and then eat your meals every 5 hours thereafter.

As far as updating your ticker, go to to "quick links" tab click on it, and then click on edit signature (that is if your ticker is in there). Otherwise youc an create your signature there too.

Good luck and if you have any more questions ask away!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

well yesterday I pretty much ate on plan but didn't do my HNS and all of my water so think I will do the meta quick starting on Monday (think it is easier to do during the week anyway) and then weigh in on Thursday instead of Wednesday.
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
LaRee --

Welcome aboard and best of luck (plus some hard work thrown in, too!) Our stats are fairly similar, so I'll be interested in your progress and thoughts!

You'll find so much help here within the forum. The folks are fantastic!

Where in Nebraska?

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #15  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

WI went well down 3.5 lbs!! I have just a 1.5lb to go to sign the ten pound board!! WOOOOHOOOO I am so stoked!! I never believed I would find something that actually worked. Thank you all for being such inspirations!! I don't think I would have joined if I hadn't stumbled across you all on here.

Karen, Congratulations on your run!! That is awesome!!
kathyb712 is offline   Reply With Quote