Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Default Center Etiquette?

I know that this has been talked about on different threads but couldn't remember where I saw them. Is there anyway that we can request certain people that we work with? I keep getting this one that acts all cocky and gives out all this advice that I find to be inconsistent with everyone else...such as:
When I started I was told that an HNS would buy me approx. 2 hours until I had to eat again. He told me no, it was 5 hours. The one I spoke with last night said absolutely NOT 5 hours, more like 2.
Then he told me not to work out more than 1 hour 5 times per week and then told my mom (who is on the exact same plan with the same struggles) that this program was designed for only 1/2 hour workouts 3 times per week...nothing more! What the heck???? No wonder I was starving all the time!
Then I was told by the 1st person I tt that you could have string cheese. He told my friend that string cheese was a no-no! That mozzarella was NOT on the plan since it was not block and you cannot shred it. Um yes it is in a block and yes you can shred it and some of my MRC cookbook recipes actually call for mozzarella!
I think there was something else but I cannot recall right now. It seems to be this one specific person that is giving misinformation. But I really want to work with one specific person that knows my weekly struggles. Do you think I can talk to her about it and see what she says? Is that wrong?
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

no i dont believe it is wrong. You are paying big bucks for this program, and if you rpefer to work with someone in particular, or NOT with someone, as the case may be, then you have every right, in my opinion.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I say that YOU are a paying customer and if you have a specific person you would prefer not to consult with, then they should honor that. Your reason is valid. If you continue to get inconsistent information, what other conclusion can there be. Perhaps you can handle it with discretion. If you do it in irritation, it will just make you look difficult. All the Best.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #4  

I was in my center this morning and there was a client waiting. When the next counselor pulled her file she said she had an appointment with the director. So I think you should just make an appointment with whomever you want to meet with. You don't even have to say why.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I agree. There are several people at my center who ask for certain counselors when they go in for WI. Just ask them.
I have been happy with different counselors so far. Each one has given me different insights that have been helpful.
You are paying for this service, You should get what you want.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

You are paying for this program and can request to speak with a certain counselor. I was just told to write that individuals name next to yours when you sign in. I have done it before and you may wait a while longer but it does work and you will get to talk with whom you want. I too have had problems with newer consultants not knowing my struggles, etc and have felt horrible after talking with them so the next time I went in I requested a counselor that I am comfortable with and even told her about the person I had issues with and she said they are all trained the same, etc so would find out why that person told me what she did (ie that I can not eat pepperjack cheese and I had been eating it on plan for over a year and no one else had ever said anything).

The other thing to do would be find out when the counselor works that you like and only go in when they are working.
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
I know that this has been talked about on different threads but couldn't remember where I saw them. Is there anyway that we can request certain people that we work with? I keep getting this one that acts all cocky and gives out all this advice that I find to be inconsistent with everyone else...such as:
When I started I was told that an HNS would buy me approx. 2 hours until I had to eat again. He told me no, it was 5 hours. The one I spoke with last night said absolutely NOT 5 hours, more like 2.

Then he told me not to work out more than 1 hour 5 times per week and then told my mom (who is on the exact same plan with the same struggles) that this program was designed for only 1/2 hour workouts 3 times per week...nothing more! What the heck???? No wonder I was starving all the time!

Then I was told by the 1st person I tt that you could have string cheese. He told my friend that string cheese was a no-no! That mozzarella was NOT on the plan since it was not block and you cannot shred it. Um yes it is in a block and yes you can shred it and some of my MRC cookbook recipes actually call for mozzarella!
I think there was something else but I cannot recall right now. It seems to be this one specific person that is giving misinformation. But I really want to work with one specific person that knows my weekly struggles. Do you think I can talk to her about it and see what she says? Is that wrong?

For my own clarification---does the HNS buy you 2 or 5 hours---I thought 5 myself.

Also--I was told no more than 200 minutes of exercise per week.
MS"]
[/FONT]
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

How the heck do you all put your answers following a specific paragraph of a "quote"--I just looked at my above response and I obviously don't know what I'm doing!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #9  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post

For my own clarification---does the HNS buy you 2 or 5 hours---I thought 5 myself.

MS"]
[/FONT]
I believe the HNS buys you an extra 2 hours and for the most part I am able to eat within 7 hours of the previous meal.

My center told me no more than 4 hours of exercise per week.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #10  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
How the heck do you all put your answers following a specific paragraph of a "quote"--I just looked at my above response and I obviously don't know what I'm doing!
I click the "Quote" box and when the Message area comes up, I put the cursor on the first letter I want deleted and hit the delete button on my keyboard until the cursor gets to where I want to keep the words. I then put the cursor on the first letter after the quote I want to keep and start deleting again. Be sure to keep the [Quote at the beginning and [/Quote] at the end. (I'm not meaning to sound like I'm talking down to you - it's hard to put something like this in words so it is not misinterpreted. You can also highlight the area you want to delete and hit the delete button, it that makes sense to you.)

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
You are paying for this program and can request to speak with a certain counselor. I was just told to write that individuals name next to yours when you sign in. I have done it before and you may wait a while longer but it does work and you will get to talk with whom you want. I too have had problems with newer consultants not knowing my struggles, etc and have felt horrible after talking with them so the next time I went in I requested a counselor that I am comfortable with and even told her about the person I had issues with and she said they are all trained the same, etc so would find out why that person told me what she did (ie that I can not eat pepperjack cheese and I had been eating it on plan for over a year and no one else had ever said anything).

The other thing to do would be find out when the counselor works that you like and only go in when they are working.
Pamperedmomoftwins- I'm in Omaha as well. Which center do you go to?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #12  

Quote:

MS"]
[/FONT]
2 people told me 2 hours...1 person said 5. I am going to say majority rules and stick with 2. The way one explained to me is that they want your system burning actual food at least every 5 hours and a HNS doesn't count as physical food.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
Pamperedmomoftwins- I'm in Omaha as well. Which center do you go to?
The one off 120th & Blondo. What about you???
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
The one off 120th & Blondo. What about you???
Same...good to know! I am so putting someone's name down tonight! How did you find out about this (putting someone's name down)?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #15  

Hi Everyone, I am new here.
Just post over on the newbie thread. Got a question what are you saying about the HNS and the 2-hours and 5-hours.
(I think I may learn alot here.)
QueenD is offline   Reply With Quote