Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #1  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Talking A little vent...all the horrible, awkward, embarrassing things I hate

Hello, to all you beautiful fat chicks out there. I'm new to this and so I hope I don't offend anyone with this thread. If so, I apologise in advance!

This forum is so supportive and warm and caring, and we're all here for each other (at least that's my impression after a couple of days with you all). And it occurred to me that this might be the perfect place to vent some of the horrible, awkward, embarrassing things about being a fat chick - you know, the things we don't talk about out loud, that cause us to laugh in a self deprecating way, or blush, or pretend we didn't notice - when really, we want to curl up and die. Maybe some of you can relate....if you can, drop me a line and share some of yours.
  • Restaurants with small, flimsy chairs (even if they're not really small and flimsy, but they seem that way to me)
  • Restaurants with booths that are just too small, and where the tables are fixed to the walls so my husband can't discreetly move it for me.
  • Being at the doctors and her having to get out the 'big' blood pressure cuff.
    • Same doctors assumption that every possible thing wrong with me would be fixed if I lost a pile of weight.
    • Always being automatically given the front seat when I go out with friends, because I'm so big (I know they mean well, I just hate that they have to do that)
    • Always being way too hot, and sweaty
    • Having the smallest thing make me sweat like crazy....housework, laundry, whatever.
    • Having that same sweat running down my back so that I end up with a wet looking butt.
    • Constantly having to think about what I'm wearing to avoid the wet butt look - thank god for Skorts
    • Suddenly not being able to fit in to shoes that always fit before.
    • Getting breathless walking in to my office - so I avoid walking in with people.
    • Knees that hurt when I stand up or go upstairs.
    • Diarhhea and constipation - but that might be an IBS thing, if so, sorry - wrong board!
    • Having a nice, sensible salad with my friends at lunch and knowing I'm going to be starving again in an hour.
    • The thought that I'll never be able to eat 'fun' stuff again.
      Oh and airline seatbelts that need the 'extra' bit

I think I've exhausted my rant for now.... I'm sure I'll think of some more, which I'll be thrilled to bore you with.

Again, I hope I've not offended anyone....if you have any of your own, 'fun' stuff to share, please feel free.

And thanks for the warm welcome.
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i hate the way my pants always wear out fast from the thighs rubbing together. its getting better, but its still annoying to have a perfectly fine 2 month old pair of pants where the inner thighs are all worn.

i also hate the way my friends react when i order a "sensible salad", i see all the eyes meeting and then someone has to say something like, "oh are you on a diet?"... i guess since im fat im not allowed to like salad?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #3  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

HAHAHA that cracked me up!! I have the SAME problem I hate that my pants get worn out in between the thinghs and if its cotton pants they "ball up" and then eventually start to rip!

I hate that when I'm exiting my sons hallway at school that I cant squeeze between people to get out...well sometimes I think I can, but end up bumping them...OOPS!

I hate that I can't eat something in my car without the next car looking at me like a pig, even if it's a granola bar or something healthy! Geez at least it's not mcdonalds!!

I really hate to admit this one....But the sex life....I get tired SO fast....I hate it!!!!!!!! LOL....I feel embarrassed now!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6.5"

Man I hear you on the pants thing. I was down to ONE pair of pants that didn't have a hole in the thighs. I had to go shopping today for pants (which i abhor ) because I start a new job next week.

I hate that my knees and feet hurt just from walking around.
beatific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I think you all have hit the nail on the head!

For the sex life I'd like to add the out of breath feeling, and not in a good way! Or not being able to do certain things without leaving my husband out of breath, again, not in the good way!

How about the dark spots on my skin? Like on the back of my neck, spots on my face, under my arms and on the inners of my thighs?

Or how about jeans? There are some CUTE jeans out there, like low rise jeans, that if a fat girl even tried to wear, EVERYTHING would be hanging out in a second?

Orrrrrrr how about having such thick calves that they don't fit into knee high boots...
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #6  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateosmama2005 View Post
I hate that I can't eat something in my car without the next car looking at me like a pig, even if it's a granola bar or something healthy! Geez at least it's not mcdonalds!!
HAHAHAHAHHAHA! That made me laugh, I hate eating in my car. No matter how far out I park it always seems someone will pull up next to me to sit in their car and glance at me!

Me and my husband use to eat in the car a lot before we change our eating habits (fast-food) so it was worse then but now it's never anything bad but I still always get someone looking at me! Drives me nuts!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

at my heaviest I remember being exhausted all the time and ravenously hungry. Nothing I ever ate filled me up. I needed food to get through my commute. I needed food to entertain me. I just relied on food for so many things. Sex was also definitely a problem, walking uo the stairs made me huff and puff

Last edited by nineoceansaway; 10-08-2009 at 09:30 PM.
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #8  

You guys ROCK! Thank you SO much for joining my rant!

I did think of the boots not being wide enough after I'd posted, but I'd forgotten about the pants! Which made me remember the times your shorts get hitched up and you know they're bunching and you just have to 'adjust' as you get out of the car and hope no-one notices.

And YAY for mentioning the sex - if we can't 'fess to each other, then who can we??

And the eating in the car - so get that! I find myself wanting to put the window down and say, "It's high fibre, low fat - AND a diet coke, so I'm already suffering - you can't make it worse!".
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I have to agree with everyone about the pants problem; it is so annoying! Why did I think that I was the only one that happened to?

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

ok im SOOOO glad im not alone in the pants problem, lol. when i posted that i was thinking, are they going to know what im talking about? def the worst with cotton, you get fuzz balls all over.

i wouldnt be caught dead eating in my car, OR jogging down the street in daylight. oh and shorts just became a straight up no-no for me. how about when you're sitting in a chair and your shirt keeps creeping up over your gut. ugh, the many horrors of being fat.

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-08-2009 at 09:45 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
ok im SOOOO glad im not alone in the pants problem, lol. when i posted that i was thinking, are they going to know what im talking about? def the worst with cotton, you get fuzz balls all over.

ditto on the sex, although its definitely improved. i wouldnt be caught dead eating in my car, OR jogging down the street in daylight. oh and shorts just became a straight up no-no for me. how about when you're sitting in a chair and your shirt keeps creeping up over your gut. ugh, the many horrors of being fat.
That's why I wanted to post this - I was so sure that there are things we all suffer in silence that only another FC could understand.

Thanks, again, to all of you for posting responses - for a minute there I thought I was the only one!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havisham View Post
[*]Restaurants with small, flimsy chairs (even if they're not really small and flimsy, but they seem that way to me)[*]Restaurants with booths that are just too small, and where the tables are fixed to the walls so my husband can't discreetly move it for me.

I always have that problem. I think some chairs are just cheaply made. And being tall will make some chairs feel awkward.

[*]Always being automatically given the front seat when I go out with friends, because I'm so big (I know they mean well, I just hate that they have to do that)

Another thing I can relate to, although my last group of friends weren't as considerate and I had to work myself in the back. I hated trying to climb in and out of the back, and again being tall makes it more awkward. When I tried to explain that those people just didn't get how difficult could it be since they were shorter and skinny.
[*]Diarhhea and constipation - but that might be an IBS thing, if so, sorry - wrong board!

I get gassy alot, I still haven't pinpointed what foods cause it. Maybe it's IBS or a slightly lactose intolerance. Or maybe it is just the extra weight.
[*]Having a nice, sensible salad with my friends at lunch and knowing I'm going to be starving again in an hour.

One day we'll get used to it I guess.
[*]The thought that I'll never be able to eat 'fun' stuff again.

vegetables and fruit can be fun stuff

[/LIST][/LIST]
I think I've exhausted my rant for now.... I'm sure I'll think of some more, which I'll be thrilled to bore you with.

Again, I hope I've not offended anyone....if you have any of your own, 'fun' stuff to share, please feel free.

And thanks for the warm welcome.

Just remember all of these things you want to make easier in your life to keep you motivated to stay on plan and how good it'll feel to have the freedom to not worry about these things anymore
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #13  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
Orrrrrrr how about having such thick calves that they don't fit into knee high boots...
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
And this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
For the sex life I'd like to add the out of breath feeling, and not in a good way! Or not being able to do certain things without leaving my husband out of breath, again, not in the good way!
And, oh lord, this. I hate the sweating thing too, but mine is always my sweat running down my forehead and neck. One time my fiance handed me a piece of towel paper when we were out and said "Here, I think you need this". I hadn't even realized how the sweat was rolling down my chest.. Talk about embarrassing.

Last edited by MizCandula; 10-08-2009 at 10:57 PM.
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Comparing myself to other women is a biggie for me. ALWAYS being the larger and less glamorous one. Always feeling so inferior.

That`s now improving, which I`m very grateful for. I`m aware that people react differently to m e now but I cannot quite work out yet whether this has to do with my weight or maybe "just" my attitude.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I hate being bigger than my husband. I hate sitting next to him and my thighs spread all over the place. I hate that when we're standing he's taller than me but when we're sitting I'm taller than him because of all the extra padding on my bottom.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote