Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday 10/8

Morning Chicks and Roosters!

How's the plan going today? Don't think about yesterday, or last week. What meals and movement do you have planned for today.

I will go first - I am having a Fiber One bar and coffee for breakfast, probably an apple a little later. Lunch will be ham sandwiches and carrots and celery with ranch. Supper is chicken enchiladas with home made spanish rice. Movement - probably none. My baby was up screaming most of the night, and after chasing 6 kids around all day, there probably won't be much left.

Have a wonderful Thursday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello, MP!
I'm sorry you had a rough night. I've already taken some advil this morning. I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but my arm is still sore 2 weeks after having the flu shot. I don't know what to do about it. I think it is an inflammatory response, so I've been taking advil to try to help it heal. I've always had a little soreness after the flu shot, but this is way longer than normal.
Beth, I'm glad your daughter's MRI is okay. My son has been having headaches and he is only 9. I think he must not be getting enough sleep. I will try to get him to bed sooner.

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I had fun with yoga yesterday and I am still on track. It feels good to be back on program after a few weeks of so-so.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

I'm sitting here in my office with my morning cup of coffee and some oatmeal with raspberry preserves mixed in. Its my morning routine.
I slept like a log last night, because I drank too much wine, unfortunatly I slept funny cause my neck is so stiff this morning.
Plans for today, either I'll do cardio at the gym for an hour after work, or I'll go to zumba at 6...havn't decided yet. I guess it depends on who's going to zumba tonight.

MP: I hope that baby gets tired and sleeps all night for you tonight.

Candees: check out Dr. Weils anti-inflamation website for some tips on how to reduce the inflamation in that arm. It sounds like you had a serious reaction and your immune system is in overdrive trying to fix the problem but doing more harm then good.

Rebound: How easy is that yoga? I've always wanted to try it, but I'm not a flexable individual so I've always steered clear of it.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Thanks, Mango! I will check it out.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I've been debating on whether to get a flu shot this year. I've only ever gotten one about 2 or 3 years ago and it made me as sick as a dog. I don't usually get very sick in general, an occasional cold here or there, but that's about it. Do most of you get flu shots?
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey Everyone

I don't like getting flu shots either, and I'm worried that this year's H1N1 shot will be rushed out. I'm pretty low risk since I work at home and my guy is always on a job site, not at an office.

I've heard that some people are required to get flu shots by their work. Is this actually allowed? Seems kind of draconian.

Breakfast was ham, eggs, and 4 slices of light rye toast with butter. Lunch was some strawberry yogurt, the breakfast really did it for me right until dinner. Had a green apple as well, and an italian casserole thing with chicken, green pepper and KD for dinner. I'm going to try the big breakfast thing for a while and see how it goes, seemed to work out well today.

Today was my first day taking short breaks with my Wii Fit, burned 125 calories according to the console on various exercises. Will try to keep this up daily.
angelawest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #8  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

We are required to get the flu shot at our office, a drs office, because, well, we treat people with the flu all the time. But, so far this year we've had such a shortage of vaccine that none of us have gotten it. The state only set us enough for 30 doses...30 and theya re making such a big freakin deal about it. 30 doses didn't even cover 1% of our population. Thank you State.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote