South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/136.2/120

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Weight loss stopped

Hey everyone...well I just started the SB diet a 9 days ago and during the first week I lost 4 lbs but since then I have not managed to loose anymore. Is that normal? Did any of you experience this?
Libby120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I know this sounds crazy, but are you eating enough? I always run into plateaus if I eat too little!
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Same thing happened to me when I started PH1 I lost 4 lbs the 1st week, and then only 1 lb the next week.....it was actually several weeks of only 1 lb loss after that and I was still on PH1.....then all of a sudden it was 3 lbs, then another 4 lbs lost. Hang in there it will happen!!
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/136.2/120

Height: 5'4

HeaterAS- you know it's funny. But normally I'm hungry all day and all I think about is food. As soon as I started the diet I lost my appetite. I get full with my meals and I have to remember to eat. So I'm not really sure if I'm eating enough. But now I'm scared that eating more would actually make me gain weight.

KDHW- So how long did you stay on PH1? I'm thinking I might have to stay on it for longer than 2 weeks.
Libby120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby120 View Post
KDHW- So how long did you stay on PH1? I'm thinking I might have to stay on it for longer than 2 weeks.
I stayed on PH1 for about 5 weeks. I was very nervous to start adding grains because I didnt want to stall my weight loss. There is a thread on here that talks about PH 1-1/2 to PH 2 that really helped me. I added very slowly a sweet potatoe here, spagehtti sqaush there, steel cut oatmeal once in a while in the morning, strawberries in my yogurt, a south beach wrap for lunch. I still havent had any bread, rice or pasta but I dont miss it.....so I figured why add it if I dont want it.
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

maybe add some more phase 1 veggies and see if that bulks up your meals a bit more? Maybe you'll see more progress that way.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

You don't have as much weight to lose, which could be why you didn't lose as much. Usually people who weigh more are the ones who see the dramatic lb loss in Phase 1.

It also could be like the other posters said, that you're eating too little. You've got to eat enough to keep that metabolism going so it can burn more calories and thus more pounds. Are you eating your snacks? Are you having some reduced fat or fat free dairy? Throw in some fat free milk for a beverage. Hope this helps.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote