Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Default Just so tired of it all...

I was told it might be good to post this in the 40 something thread....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my orig. post:

Well I have gained 20# back. I was doing so good.

It's been way to long since I posted and I REALLY need some support!!

I am not sure I can do this again. It's just getting so freaking OLD! (and so am I).

I was not even close to my goal to begin with but I had almost lost 50#.

Seriously part of my just wants to damn well just live my life and stop wanting to be thin.

It's almost like I have two personalities. One “Me” is extremely health conscious and highly motivated to do this and the other “Me” is an indulgent self acclaimed foodie that once compared all the tiramisu in our city by going to each and every Italian restaurant over the course of a year just to proclaim a winner.

How can I do this again? I just feel defeated.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

I know how you feel I too am 40 something and sometimes I think wth I'm getting old anyway I might as well be fat too and I also have a split personality sometimes I sabotage myself but I have been thinking alot about the healthy kind of life I want to live since I recently had a cancer scare Thank goodness it was benign but I really think having the end of my life looking me in the face I decided its much more important to lose weight and get active for my health not just for the reflextion in the mirror or what anyone else thinks of me. I am 43 and I have so much more I want to do in life. don't give up on yourself theirs only one you and you deserve the best life has to offer. you will overcome this and you are not alone.
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #3  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I think we all have been there. For me I had to stop thinking about being "thin" and think in terms of being healthy and ACTIVE. The active part was huge for me... there was so much I wanted to do but was unable because of being unhealthy.

Once I started taking off the weight getting out and being active was much easier. My problem is I started indulging a bit too much and have basically maintained (10 lb. fluctuation) for the last several months.

I'm now at a point that I want to lose the additional 20+ lbs. because I want to look better; mostly for me but I also have a trip coming up with family and I would love for them to see what can be accomplished in a year. Maybe be an ispiration that they too can do it.

Mack and I would also like to increase our hikes to included weekend backcountry treks.

Hang in there, this is a great group of ladies for support.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #4  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Thank you very much you two.

I am right there with you when you talk about worrying about health vs just wanting to be thin. I just got back to my walking (have walked two miles a day the last four days in a row) and just feeling how sad my poor feet feel after getting back in makes me upset I have let myself slide so much.

I keep thinking about how lucky I really am I guess to not have serious health issues.

Whip1 - GLAD, so glad to hear the cancer scare was just a scare!

CruiseCAT - we are going to Sedona on the 24th and I will be doing LOTS of hiking.. thinking about this is what has got me back in gear. Really irritated with myself that I have gained 20 back, keep thinking about how much easier it would be on me.. but it is what it is.

Going to read allot here tonight. I know tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/170/118

Height: 4'10"

Runundefined...thanks for sharing this post, I really appreciate it and needed to hear it myself. I have been kicking rocks about my own challenges for the past few days. Nothing about this is easy, but I can't wait to reach my goal and know that I earned it every step of the way.

:
KanDewIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I second what was said. I'm a forty-something as well, and in the old days, I could lose weight without bring active. Now I find I need to be active as well as very mindful of what I am eating. But I also realize that I want a more active lifestyle and good health. At the moment, I still focus on the scale, but I want to move that focus to how I spend my time and have quality active time with my family.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #7  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Good morning everyone.

Well this morning is a much better morning. Down another pound and my walking is doing great.. I have walked 12 miles since Saturday and having that started again finally really makes me feel much better about what I am doing for myself.

Thank you for the words and the push I needed to get out of my funk.

Everyone have an excellent Thursday!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

heya, Run! And now with 12 miles behind you, I'm guessing the feet have decided to come along with the program?

I hear ya on the "foodie" label - there's nothing I won't try (except guts - I draw the line at eating guts)! Portion control was my major issue and what got me to my highest weight. I am thrilled to report, and encourage you, that great food is still great when you're not stuffed sick. With proper planning ... there is NO need to suffer. Honest!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Definitely a foodie here too! I pride myself now though on finding awesome whole food alternatives for all the food that made me obese. As we all know, there are some smokin' choices out there--especially if you are a foodie that likes to experiement.

Oh, and as far as the age thing. I know some super HAWT 40-somethings that still turn heads everywhere they go--they feel great too and have health screenings to prove it. We can all be them too!

p.s. I am a very late 30-something for the record.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

All I can say is, if you really want it...you can do it. I'm 44 years old and found that this old dog can learn new tricks. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. I feel better than I have in years and look forward to just about everything I do, (except paying bills...)

Food doesn't have the power it used to. I'm not saying that sometimes I don't want to drown my sorrows in a quart of ice cream and a dozen (or more) cookies, but the mindset does change. (And not that I can have a little and quit...not for me, anyway.) I have been allowing myself to feel instead of stuffing the feelings down.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #11  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I could have written this post too, I am just so sick of it all, tired of it all.

BUT, I have lost these 25 pounds through sheer hard work and there is no way I want to / plan to / will allow myself to put it back on again. So while my weight fluctuates within 5 pounds, I am very mindful to not let it go higher than that. So says she, who just finished some time on the treadmill (yay!).

Hopefully your day is continuing to go well!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

LORI BELL---OMG! so right on with the "feeling" part--OMG, ME TOO
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runundefined View Post
Well this morning is a much better morning. Down another pound and my walking is doing great.. I have walked 12 miles since Saturday and having that started again finally really makes me feel much better about what I am doing for myself.
:c arrot:

What a wonderful way to start your day.....I was going to post about feeling all of my 40-something years but instead I would like to continue your positive outlook!! Today was a good day.....I stayed on plan and I feel good!!
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

I totally second what you say about the two selves. Whenever the destructive one raises its head, the healthy self is totally oppressed.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

A coworker, V, and I had a bit of a chat yesterday. I'm only 40something for another several months and she ... would have to post in another thread

We are soooo short staffed and it's V and me who work extra shifts. "At our age, we shouldn't have to do this any more", "can't the young ones take some of this burden?" blah blah whine whine ....

But you know what? We still can!
I stopped gaining at 43 ... and believe me, I was gaining in a remarkable hurry. I was sedentary, tired, aching, calling in sick. I can't imagine doing what I do now, in that kind of shape. No way! And fitting in visits to a grandbaby? She would have worn me out!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote