Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Any Ideas to RE-start diet when going through alot of Stressful times?

How do you Re-Start your diet when going through alot of Stressful times?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, it's the one thing you really can control, and I think taking back that control, will help you feel better in the long run.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I try to draw strength from the feeling of control I get from the weight loss effort when other things in my life feel stressful and out of control. What I eat is something that is 100% under my control, when much of what goes on in life is out of my hands. Instead of viewing your diet as one more added stress, try to think of it as one area of calm in the storm.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I also love the control aspect as well. I would say clean your system of the junky carbs, get your water and do what you know you must. Get your exercise, nutrition and sleep at the top of your priority list. Oddly enough, other things will settle into place.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 10-06-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Food journaling always gets me back on track.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

One thing I'm learning as I read about how the body works and responds is that stress can add pounds.

Watching what I eat will help my body cope better with the stress of everything, too.

I went through an extraordinarily stressful time recently--and though I didn't watch everything I ate as closely as I might have, I didn't "pig out" either.

The stress, in other words, is no excuse not to help yourself and take care of yourself--which is what this whole weight loss thing is really about, underneath, isn't it?

And what TBG said:
Quote:
Get your exercise, nutrition and sleep at the top of your priority list.
Absolutely.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

How to restart your diet? DECIDE to. It really is that simple. You tell yourself that enough is enough already. No more excuses. No more nonsense. No more pushing it off till "tomorrow". Start doing what's required, what's necessary - today. And every day.

This is no hardship - living a healthy lifestyle. It's a blessing and a joy. It's not something to dread, but to embrace and celebrate.

And like's been said already - staying on plan gives one a incredible sense of control, ESPECIALLY during times of stress. It IS the one thing that we do have complete and total control over.

And I'm sure you know the rest - get rid of the junk, add in healthy foods, plan, plan and plan some more. Track your food, journal, etc., etc., etc.

But none of that can or will happen, unless you DECIDE to do it. Decide to do it and then commit to it. Once and for all and no matter what.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #8  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I just got back on the wagon after hopping off for about a month, I asked myself if my health was the most important thing for me and the answer is obviously yes because without it what do we have really?

I started blogging daily again and just did what I gotta do, it really was that simple for me, I don't know if that helps but its what worked for me, good luck in getting back on track!

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I have to agree with rockinrobin here, you just decide to do it. We all face stressful times. Does giving up on yourself and your goals lessen the stress any? When the stress passes and you've gotten yourself so far away from your target and motivation.....doesn't that add more stress to your life? You can do this, just love yourself a bit extra right now!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #10  

Height: 6-1.5

eating correctly-- especially a vegetable based diet-- changes your body chemistry so you can deal with stress better. Food is thereputic as well as nourishing. If you eliminate foods that do not work with your body like sugar and high fat foods, and if you eat less, you will help to control your stress. I look at dieting as doing more than just helping you to lose weight. You can also raise your immune system by eating more vegetables. Also exersise helps you with stress too. Exersise causes cascade effect that releases seratonin which makes you feel good. You can also raise your immune system by eating more vegetables. Looking at it as dieting and exersise actually help you to deal with stress, how can you afford not to go on a diet?
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

VickieLou,

The control thing is a biggie for me.... I thrive on control..... and I have used it to my disadvantage until a few days ago also (eating bad).... BUT, one of the things that I lean on now when I stress is my body..... I am stronger at 36 than I think I have EVER been. The scale moving and losing inches is great..... but the strength is the boost I needed. I promise you my body being in better shape is better than any Big Mac or pice of cake/candy ever was!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote