Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Coffee idea

For those of us who had to switch from caffeinated to decaf....and then can't put our creamer/sugar.....and are adjusting.....

I find the decaf coffee with a cinnamon/splenda mix that I use on my toast is really quite good. Makes me feel like I have one of the powdered creamer tastes.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

i knw theres a vanilla supplement u can use as a creamer ..but im not sure which one.. is it the vanilla replacement shake or the ready made vanilla drink? Any idea? come cold mornings n i so crave for a nice hot cup of chai
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
i knw theres a vanilla supplement u can use as a creamer ..but im not sure which one.. is it the vanilla replacement shake or the ready made vanilla drink? Any idea? come cold mornings n i so crave for a nice hot cup of chai
Hey, Mountain Gal---Just turned the Cowboys/Broncos game on! Hopefully my Cowboys will BRING IT in Denver Romo just isn't the most consistent QB right now, though. We'll see!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Okay, I have fallen in love with a coffee and it is something I "can" have..... but I would really like to save my points/calories for FOOD. So, can anyone help me convert my beloved "almond joy" latte into a zero point coffee. From what I can tell..... it has:

expresso
milk
chocolate syrup
coconut flavoring.

I have had it reduced to low fat as much as possible, but it still has a few points. I am not opposed to drinking black coffee....... which is what I drink through the week.....
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Default Chai Latte

I think it would be the vanilla drink... yummo...

Any one like chai latte?

I tried to make some tonight, was pretty good.. probably would have been much better with vanilla drink but I didn't have any in house so I substituted what I had...

Chai Latte Recipe:
2-4 Chai Tea Bags (Tazo brand is excellent and can be found at most grocery stores)
Hot Water
Vanilla Pudding Supplement or 1 container of Vanilla Drink
2 packets of Splenda

1st Make Chai Concentrate:
Heat Tea bags in 1.5 cups water on stove top to boiling, then turn down to low and steep for 15-20 minutes. Remove Bags, squeeze out liquid into pot and then continue to cook on stovetop to concentrate the liquid down to about 1/2 cup.

Next Make the "Milk" part of the Chai Latte:
Boil Water. Pour about 1 1/4 cup into a coffee cup. Add packet of pudding mix and 2 splenda packets. Whisk until blended completely. Add the 1/2 cup of tea concentrate or to your taste. Stir well and drink. Was pretty good.

To make with Vanilla Drink:
Pour contents of Vanilla drink container into coffee cup. Microwave until hot. Add chai tea concentrate and splenda to taste. Stir well and drink up.

I plan to get some of the vanilla drink this week and give it a try. Let me know if you try it.
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #6  

Default Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Okay, I have fallen in love with a coffee and it is something I "can" have..... but I would really like to save my points/calories for FOOD. So, can anyone help me convert my beloved "almond joy" latte into a zero point coffee. From what I can tell..... it has:

expresso
milk
chocolate syrup
coconut flavoring.

I have had it reduced to low fat as much as possible, but it still has a few points. I am not opposed to drinking black coffee....... which is what I drink through the week.....
I don't have an answer for you but GOSH that sounds good. I'll be hoping you get a good answer! Where did you get these before?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Oh wow, now that the weather is getting cooler, I need to have some morning coffee. I quit coffee 5 months ago, and now I am starting to miss it. I only make two cups with my tiny coffee maker, so that is enough for me when I do have it. I went to the store and bought some decaf-Jamaica me crazy coffee, which was always my favorite. I ground a small bag of French Vanilla and a Hazel Nut flavored. It is yummy. But now I'm wondering if it is allowed on MRC? I do love it, and it hits the spot in the morning. I also bought the MRC Hot Chocolate, so I am anxious to try that and get that for my mid morning treat. This has to be the only reason I am glad it is getting cooler out. It's hard drinking my ice water when it is so cool, but I'm doing it.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

For the past week I have been having the MRC hot cocoa mixed with 2 tbsp of instant decafe coffee and two sprinkles of cinnamin and one splenda...hits the spot.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Coffee

I too love my coffee. I have switched to Decaf. The MRC center told me that I could use the ready to drink vanilla for cream (sparingly) I also add splenda and a dash of cinnamon. Not a starbuck's latte, but pretty tasty. I've also had the hot chocolate with instant decaf mixed in and a drop of almond extract.
Very good.
I also heard on the news that starbucks is coming out with an instant version. Hope they make it in decaf.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I read this on here somewhere so not my idea, but I like to take my decaf coffee and add the vanilla cream pudding (after I mix the pudding with the water). Makes it rich and creamy. I usually don't use the entire packet, but you can! Oh, and I add a package of Truvia to it also!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 10-06-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Okay, I have fallen in love with a coffee and it is something I "can" have..... but I would really like to save my points/calories for FOOD. So, can anyone help me convert my beloved "almond joy" latte into a zero point coffee.
You can try using different extracts....I would use the chocolate and the coconut extracts and mix w/your coffee. Try using what some of the other girls have said.....using the vanilla HNS stuff for your "milk" or "creamer". Hope that gives you an idea
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

thanks ladies. I will try the extract. I wasn't sure if it would give it a funky flavor, but I am willing to try it to keep drinking my fav coffee with limited points!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
I read this on here somewhere so not my idea, but I like to take my decaf coffee and add the vanilla cream pudding (after I mix the pudding with the water). Makes it rich and creamy. I usually don't use the entire packet, but you can! Oh, and I add a package of Truvia to it also!

What is Truvia?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #14  

Default Coffee idea from center

Haven't tried this yet but it was mentioned to mix some of the decaf cuppaccino (sp?) with decaf coffee..Am going to try but let me know if any of you already have and what you thought.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
You can try using different extracts....I would use the chocolate and the coconut extracts and mix w/your coffee. Try using what some of the other girls have said.....using the vanilla HNS stuff for your "milk" or "creamer". Hope that gives you an idea
I didn't know there were such things. Wouldn't extracts have some alcohol/sugar in them--or am I wrong on that?