South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

View Poll Results: Have you ever cheated on Phase I??
So many times that I had to start over 3 14.29%
Yes, but only a couple times 4 19.05%
Yes, but didn't realize 8 38.10%
No, not at all 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Cheated and Didn't Even Realize!

Ok people, I bought beef jerky today on Phase I thinking (well forgetting) .... Didn't realize it wasn't allowed. I have been one whole week on Phase I without cheating once... and now with only 6 days left I eat beef jerky...

I guess I just keep tugging along and realize now for the future!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Always read the ingredients. One of the things I have learned on SB. I think all of us have made mistakes on Phase I & II like this. Just keep on plugging away! I wouldn't let it bother me too much.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Penny, it's a mistake, and it happens. For now, monitor how you feel. If you are feeling cravings, you need to start over. If you don't feel cravings, move on. Okay?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

I cheated by accident when I drank a diet orange soda..I think it was Diet Crush to be exact. I figured Diet soda...no calories ...no sugar right? Wrong...I read the can and it said it had 5 calories and it listed 0 grams of sugar, but one of the ingredients was high fructose corn syrup. Turns out if the sugar is less than 1 gram per serving...even .99 grams..the FDA allows to list as 0 grams. Wasn't a big cheat, but I didn't want to set any cravings off.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #5  
Be happy.

I've accidentally cheated (assumed something was OK and then checked when I got home) and I've gone to eat at friends' homes while on phase 1 and chose to eat what was closest to plan rather than making a big deal about my diet.

I like to be very conscientious on phase 1, but sometimes life gets in the way.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #6  

Height: 6'1

A couple times but not huge. The other day we went to a Chinese buffet and I avoided rice and fried things, only eating the grilled chicken and veggies. I love corn soup at Chinese places and rarely ever eat it, so I had some. Halfway through, I realized my mistake. Also the frozen veggie mix I have has some carrots in it, but its mostly brocolli and cauliflower.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I didn't know beef jerky wasn't allowed, I would think it was a good protein source? Do they use sugar or HFCS in it or something?

I cheated with too many diet sodas not quite deliberately, but above poster, you've got a lot of willpower Chick. I would have went crazy in an eating fest at a Chinese buffet! Good job!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

I was on PH1 for 3 weeks when I went away for the weekend. Although we made sure that we had all of our meals planned we did splurge a little. For instance we had diet soda and rum, we had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert and whole grain bread for our sandwiches on the boat. Come Monday I went right back to PH1 and was fine.
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote