Old 10-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #1  

Default New to group :)

I had originally posted in support but it was suggested I come over here! So Hello!! My name is Tina.

I am a really upbeat person and do not get down often. I worked really hard a few years back and lost a bunch of weight! I went from a sz 22/24 to a sz 12. We 5 yrs and 2 babies later the weight has been creeping back! After I had my first daughter I got back in shape pretty quick. After my 2nd daughter 8 months ago I have done terrible!! I need to lose about 40-60 lbs.

I have started doing weight watcher, although I am not attending the meetings I know the program well. I am also starting the 30 day shred tomorrow.

I am just so sad. I feel like I have just let myself go. I want to be a positive example for my girls and show them being healthy is important and I need to lead by example. I guess I am here looking for a diet buddy. Someone I can email or facebook with to just chat, share, laugh with while we meet our goals together.

I really need to do this, I really want to make these changes in my life. I have these 2 little amazing blessings and I do not want to be winded running up the steps!! I want to be the fun mom playing kick ball!

If there is anyone who wants a diet buddy to meet goals with please let me know. I really feel like I would be more motivated with a buddy who is going through the same things! LOL I am not normally this much of a drag or whiney LOL!! I am very upbeat with a great sense of humor. I am a SAHM and am 32.

Thanks for listening
TinaMarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tina! I know exactly how you feel!! I tried doing WW at home for a few weeks but really needed to start going to meetings again, I went back on Wednesday. I really need someone to be accountable to.. I'm a working mom of 2 girls ages 6 and 9. I really need to lose about 50 - 55 pounds. I'd love to have a weight loss buddy, pm me if your interested!

Cristin
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #3  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Tina.

I think you'll find we're a friendly bunch over here at the 30-somethings and everywhere across the different boards. We're all here to lose weight and help each other achieve it.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Ditto what Mollie said. Lots of buddies here on the 30's board. We are all in the same situation.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome! Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Welcome! We are going to have ot change the name of this place to the skinny mommies club soon instead of the 30-somethings...Lol!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome from me, too! You'll get there again I think most of us have regained at least once -- but for me (and you) this will be the LAST time we have to lose it, right??!!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #8  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Right!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #9  

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I am excited and motivated!! I have made a bunch of quick, healthy foods so if I get hungry I just do not feel tempted to grab something unhealthy. It is a start..LOL
TinaMarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #10  

Hi Tina, I'm new here too, and recently started putting back on some weight after losing quite a bit. Right now I'm working on a weightloss plan that I took a lot of time to write, based on an article at a popular blog called Zen Habits. The post is 29 ways to ingrain a habit...or something like that. I don't think I'm allowed to post links here but it was really helpful to me to apply some of the principles. It's just a well thought out plan of attack. I'm usually pretty impulsive so I thought maybe I would try something different and write a detailed plan. Feel free to pm me if you want to trade encouragement via email or whatever
scarlet runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome! I, too, lost this weight after baby #2...then we had 2 more babies in 3 years and here I am with 50lbs to loose again. DOH!

These boards are great. Relax, do your best, and you will do great!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote