Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #1  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Default Just feeling really down

Hi everyone... Just feeling really down today. I feel like nobody else understands how alone and horrible you can feel when you are this overweight. I am tired of people yelling things at me when I walk down the street after dark. I am tired of people just thinking they can treat me like I'm garbage because of how I look. I just feel really alone and I feel like this has got to be one of the hardest things to be in the world today.

Anyone relate?
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Oh sweetie.

No, I've never had this happen to me because of my weight--but I was tormented as a kid because I was butt-ugly. (Really, I was. Braces helped! And glasses no longer held together by tape).

So, I know your pain.

Don't let them get you down. They're jerks. They have no business treating anyone that way--I don't care what your size is. You are a person worth dignity and respect. No matter what.

Chin up and head high my dear.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I can relate...ive gotten called names while walking down the street before I felt so hurt that someone would yell "slimfast" at me as if it wasn't bad enough gettin called fat by mostly everyone my whole life Some jerks they are don't listen to those kind of rotten people they are empty inside !
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #4  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I can relate to feeling alone and horrible. Feeling trapped in a prison that i can't relate to internally, but still constantly being reminded of it by people who just don't get it, people who don't know me or deserve to have any of my thoughts wasted on them.

They don't deserve our thoughts. They don't deserve to see how incredibly strong and beautiful you really are. If only they knew, they'd eat their words and be ashamed of their perpetual incompetence.

You are a living, breathing, beautiful, feeling, and fighting human being, who isn't alone
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

PinkFlamingo--I am not a member of this forum, but your message really touched me. I hope it is okay if I respond.

I am sorry that people have been cruel; there is simply no excuse for it. I have had strangers yell weight-related things at me before; it hurts. However, as one poster said above, you are not alone. You have this board and the support of hundreds of people all over the world.

Hang in there; you are on your way to making positive changes in your life. Do not let someone's rude, negative comments take your eye off of the good you are doing for yourself.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #6  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to 3FC!

You are not alone. We all know how awful it feels to be severely overweight. But, the good news is that it is within your power to change. You don't have to be severly overweight if you are willing to do the work it is going to take to turn your life around.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

sigh...how many times do i have to say it... people are a$$holes??? LOL It's sad but true, and as a$$holey as people may be at times, they can't MAKE you feel anything - how you respond to them is alllll up to us! I refuse to give some clown on the street that much power over my life, over my feelings, over my day. Although Canada must be different, or i'm in a drema world because i've never been yelled at on the street, good lord how rude! Of course i'd just wave vigorously at them, like they just yelled Hi Tracey Lookin' Good LOL

I know we all need to wallow in sad feelings once in a while, but I'm begging you not to let them swallow you whole - get a little bit of "F- U" mentality LOL and don't give some a$$-clown the power ruin your day!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately you can't change stupid. But the good news is, you CAN change your weight. The people who make comments are slim balls, and you and I both know it....heck, we all know it. I think THEY even know it. Hang in there and get healthy. That is what you can do for yourself today.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You are so totally not alone! I know it is incredibly frustrating. Sometimes I feel like losing weight is useless and I should just give up, and lock myself in my apartment, and never leave--then no one can hurt me, right? But we all know that this would be no kind of life, and it's totally worth it to work on ourselves!

The people who say those things are small, small people. You can lose weight, but they'll always be jerks. I like to know that I'm able to change, and they're probably will always be miserable.

Feel better!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Pink Flamingo,

I am sorry you feel this way.

Do you know why people yell things going down the street? Because they don't have the balls to say it to your face--without being tucked away safely in a vehicle speeding away from you!

Do you know why they wait until dark? Because they like to think the darkness shrouds them in secrecy. Because they know what they are doing is shameful--and they are trying to HIDE!

In short, they are pitiful. loathesome cowards. Remember that!

Come here. Come often. There is support here but there are answers too.

BTW, I have had people mistreat me for the way I looked before too. You know, before and now--I feel really good that I haven't been anything but a lady to those that mistreated me. I had no reason to hang my head in shame before! But I have to say, it feels really good to see those people now.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 10-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I am sorry to hear you have to go through this. People just can be such jerks. You are better than the number on the scale. Just hold your head high and keep at it!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I have never had this happen to me and I can't imagine the kind of stupid, shallow people who would do this! On the other hand, I live in a small town in southern Maine where a lot of people are overweight. And I'm much older. You live in a big, cosmopolitan city with lots of thin, beautiful women. I know when I went there to have some dental work done I was sitting in the park and I was intimidated by all the beautiful, well-dressed women who passed by. Also, you are younger and these days young people seem to feel they have the right to bully someone who doesn't measure up to their creepy, misguided standards. Don't let just any creep let you feel bad about yourself and don't expect that they will ever understand. Fat shows on the outside but there are plenty of worse things that we can't see in them! You can change being fat. It's not like it's a character flaw or anything. It has nothing to do with the great person you are. Just let go and find your place in the universe. After all, there is a reason for you being here at this moment just like you are. You have given yourself this challenge so keep on keeping on!

Last edited by Suezeeque; 10-05-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHeyGabby View Post
I can relate to feeling alone and horrible. Feeling trapped in a prison that i can't relate to internally, but still constantly being reminded of it by people who just don't get it, people who don't know me or deserve to have any of my thoughts wasted on them.

They don't deserve our thoughts. They don't deserve to see how incredibly strong and beautiful you really are. If only they knew, they'd eat their words and be ashamed of their perpetual incompetence.

You are a living, breathing, beautiful, feeling, and fighting human being, who isn't alone
^^^THIS^^^^

People yell things at me too and sometimes it's when I'm with friends and it used to be really embarassing for me, and sometimes I notice it's like they are embarassed/angry FOR ME. I tell them not to waste their energy. I tell them, those people will never think of that moment again, why should I? Really, why should I waste energy and probably calories from a self pity binge, on complete strangers who are obviously just ignorant and feel horrible about themselves to the point that they have to tear other people down to build themselves up. I feel sorry for them, and then I go on doing what I do and someday I will be so much thinner, and there will still be people who will pick apart SOMETHING about me, because there are ignorant people everywhere who will never be happy with themselves unless they are tearing someone else down. If it's not weight it's something else, people are cruel and you have to just learn to ignore it and really, to pity them. My younger sister has never weighed over 107 lbs in her LIFE yet she went through a dieting/exercising phase and we didn't know why, turns out kids at school were calling her fat. what a shame.

You are so much stronger than they are because in the adversity you are facing, through the big and little trials, through health scares and through the nasty comments of complete strangers, you are moving on, doing what you know you need to do, and that is what counts in the end. Don't let ignorant small minded people with low self esteem have that much control over you. They are not worth it.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #14  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

SOmeone yelling out that you are fat on the street says more about them then it does about you. It says that they are intollerent, ignorant and a representation of the what humanity is not. Big or small, black or white, rich or poor, you are a beautiful person. Next time, yell back "I may be fat, but at least I'm not stupid!"
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #15  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote