South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Phase 1 October thread for starters and restarters

This is for all you Newbies who are on Phase 1, and those of you who are repeating Phase 1, to share your questions, concerns, and successes.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #2  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Perfect timing!

Are there any rules as to what I have to eat when? From what I've read the only rules are 2 cups of veg at lunch and dinner and that protein has to be at all meals and snacks? So, for example, if I didn't want to have veg with breakfast is that okay?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Hello!

I lost 35 pounds on SBD about 5 years ago, loved the plan and vowed that I'd never go back to eating any other way, but guess what?

Anyway, I've got more than 35 lbs to loose this time.
I started phase 1 this morning and I'm looking forward to encouraging and being encouraged by others.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #4  

Height: 6'1

I just started Phase 1 on Monday and doing great so far. I have some friends visiting next week so I hope that I am able to go through the hardest part of this plan without a hitch.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #5  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hi! *waves*

I'm on phase 1 as well. Day 3 ... and had a huge test already last night: alcohol at the bar. AND I PASSED!!! I had NO alcohol!! woohoo!

Hope we can all help and push each other, be accountable and have some fun too! Looking forward to knowing everyone.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #6  

Phase 1 for the second time here. Hoping that this time will be better! During the first attempt, the only resources I could find were the recipes in the book, and my (very limited) creativity! This time will be better. This time, I've got backup!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning Phase 1 buddies.

I'd forgotten how much water you get rid of on Phase 1. I was up 3 times during the night and I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble sitting through church this morning. lol

I had a hard boiled egg and V-8 for breakfast and it was good, but I'm an oatmeal/cereal lover and have it with fruit every morning. My favorite meal of the day, actually. Even though I'm full I feel like I missed breakfast.

I'm distracting myself by reading and rereading posts here. It's working pretty well so far.

Have a nice Sunday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-04-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #8  
Becoming.

hmmm... I haven't noticed a difference in my "water waste" since I started.... maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #9  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik butterfly View Post
hmmm... I haven't noticed a difference in my "water waste" since I started.... maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Maybe it's just that you weren't as much a pig as I was before starting.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone and

You all are cracking me up! This is a great forum to have a little fun while offering mutual support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
Are there any rules as to what I have to eat when? From what I've read the only rules are 2 cups of veg at lunch and dinner and that protein has to be at all meals and snacks? So, for example, if I didn't want to have veg with breakfast is that okay?
867 I don't have the official answer to your question, I don't have a book handy. Someone else will chime in. I add powdered greens in my smoothie.

Gothik has already jumped in on our daily thread and the rest of you are welcome, too.

Best wishes!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
Perfect timing!

This is a link to a sticky in our FAQs about how to plan your meals. Make sure you check out our FAQ section of this forum to find lots of helpful info and many answers to your questions.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...meal-plan.html
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #12  
Becoming.

always somethin to learn...

I clicked the link and was doing some reading...

I don't have the 'supercharged' book and apparently, someone who is morbidly obese can stay on phase 1 for up to 2 months provided they exercise?

I don't think I want to stay on phase 1 that long but would that be were the so called 1.5 comes in? like, I was thinking of starting week 3 (phase 2 week 1) with an apple once every other day and building up so it would look more like..

week 3: apple every other day
week 4: apple every day
week 5: apple every day and whole grain pasta 2 meals for the whole week
week 6: apple every day, whole grain pasta 2 meals for the whole week, POSSIBLY add something else or stay there. or changing the pasta to bread every other day.

I have never been a huge fruit fan...I don't crave it the way I do the bread or pasta but I know it would be good to have at least a fruit every day so that is why thats getting put into my diet first.

I think I'll be able to be satisfied with my 2 pasta meals (due to leftovers... hmm.. can i freeze say, goulash?) every other week... and the opposite week I could do a little bread... which is easily frozen so it won't spoil between.

just some thoughts...
what cha think?

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 10-04-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #13  

Gothick, your plan for easing into Phase 2 sounds pretty good. Good luck!

For those of you who are considering extending Phase 1, make sure you read all of Dr. A's comment. You may become very bored with it and be setting yourself up for failure. I think going with a Phase 1.5 is much more doable and reasonable.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #14  

I am restarting phase 1 today since it seems to be the ONLY plan I can stick to and lose weight on and feel great on!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #15  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default Yikes, it's midnight and I'm so hungry I woke up!

What am I doing wrong? I'm so terribly hungry! I've been on Phase I for three days now and I haven't gone off plan at all but I am really just feeling so famished! Of course, I don't want to eat or cheat. Discovery Health and "Half Ton Mom" is on - that's enough to make me want to starve me-self.

So, here is what I ate today.

Celery w/ff cream cheese
ff fudgsicle
sirloin steak (yummy! We splurged at the grocery a bit . . .)
large green salad (4 types of green incl. spinach) little bit of homemade dressing (from sb recipe)
pistachio nuts (20)
nf refried beans with 1/2 ounce ff cheese and no sugar salsa
3 cups herbal tea (neither caffeine nor sugar)
2 glasses of Crystal Lite Lemonade
Plain, nf greek yougurt w/sprinkle of splenda

I eat about every three hours - doc said that might help.
Any ideas?
Closed Thread