Old 10-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Born Again Christian Support

I wanted to start a support group just for us. I don't know if there is already one, and if there is, I didn't see it.
I am doing Kelli's Bible Study, and I wanted some feedback on other people who are also kicking gluttony and idolatry to the curb and glorifying God in their eating and drinking.
I could use some support and could use some friends.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ryanne, there is a wonderful support group called Christian Encouragers and another called Prayer Warriors . You can find them under Faith Based Support (where you posted this ).
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  
Believe!

Smile I'm sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Ryanne, there is a wonderful support group called Christian Encouragers and another called Prayer Warriors . You can find them under Faith Based Support (where you posted this ).

I just thought that there seemed to be some of various religions in those threads and I was specifically asking for support with like minded people. I am "Born Again" and I wanted others that may be "Born Again Christians" to fellowship with and support each other.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I would encourage you to come on over to those groups , I think you will find what you are looking for.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ryanne hi, and welcome! Is what you looking for is discussion on Kelli's Bible study? Where are you at in her study? I am behind and I understand needing someone to discuss the study. We do have another group as Bargo has said and too you are so welcomed there also and do hope you join. But if you are looking for discussion on her Bible study that would be nice also. Kelli does have a web site also where we can do a discussion but no one would discuss anything with me there, kinda got lonely, so I stopped. Especially when it gets so hard for me to get on here and there and post sometimes. Please explain to us what you are looking for, all of us have different religions. So glad you are here. Oh and yes I have been born again, I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago.

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  

I just read something out of sugar busters that might be of interest to some on portion size, on page 130.
The portions that you select for each meal should fit nicely on your plate. All of us know what a dinner plate looks like. It has a flat bottom and is flanged around the sides. Your meat and vegetables should fit nicely on the bottom of the plate and should not extend on or over the sides. If you place proper servings on the plate , then the need to count grams is unnecessary. Remember , once you have served your plate appropriately , do not go back for seconds and thirds. Everyone should understand this concept, following it will prevent you from overeating at any particular meal.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #7  

Hi Ryann,

I think a Born-Again support group is a great idea! Although I do think most of the encouragers are born-again, but maybe something more in-depth, other than how the day is going??? Not that, that's not important because it is. I believe fellowship and constant contact with other Christians is vital, like it says.

Quote:
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!
But I have felt a need for an in-depth discussion on our love for Jesus.

So that being said, I must confess, this last week was a rough one for me. Satan was just in my face!!! I was eating anything and everything, especially sugar. On Friday I woke up with the worst headache, feeling guilty, scared, and I had a real revulsion towards anything even slightly sweet. I read Week 9 Day 2, and it kicked me in the behind, and made me realize it's God's problem. Then I read ahead to Week 9 day 2 Wrestling with God, and it showed me I was trying to manipulate my weight loss again. Then week 9 day 3 Where is you fire lit, made me finally GIVE IT UP!!! PRAISE GOD!! as soon as I did that, I was back to food being a non-issue. Why is it so hard to let it go??? When I do give up control, everything is so much easier. Eating becomes more of a bother, than a all consuming desire.

Thanks Rayann for all your support you are a good friend, and I know God brought you to me.

Love, Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #8  
Believe!

Talking Bootsie and Kelly, Yes and Yes!

Yes, I am wanting fellowship with other Born Again Christians just as Kelli and you said, and yes, the discussion of Kelli's Bible Study would be great, and a place to talk about those struggles and victories and ideas and about our Lord. I love you BOTH and would love to see this thread get going!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Girls,

I do enjoy the other faith groups, but I also felt the need and sometimes just the desire to have Diet BS group where we could discuss what we were learning. I've made it through Week 9 and had planned to stop and pick up Week 10 next summer. I'm going to BSF this year and we are studying the book of John. Kellie's wonderful lessons get me so into the work and dig deep with the lessons and my feelings and thoughts and so does BSF lessons. I tried to do them together but became a lot to do all at once.

I do agree with Kellie in the fact that I believe all those in the Encouragers group are born again and would probably still go there. However, if you do decide to continue this support group for us, I am definitely in. I will even go back to where everyone is so we're pretty much on the same page and refresh on the lessons I've already done. When studying the Word and applying it to our lives, we can always learn something new or something that re-enforces what we have learned. I think it is marvelous how the Lord does that. The Word of God never grows old or loses it's power to change us no matter how many times we read or study it. Who knows might even work in finding a way to finish the other lessons as we all get to them.

I'll do whatever y'all decide.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
So that being said, I must confess, this last week was a rough one for me. Satan was just in my face!!! I was eating anything and everything, especially sugar. On Friday I woke up with the worst headache, feeling guilty, scared, and I had a real revulsion towards anything even slightly sweet. I read Week 9 Day 2, and it kicked me in the behind, and made me realize it's God's problem. Then I read ahead to Week 9 day 2 Wrestling with God, and it showed me I was trying to manipulate my weight loss again. Then week 9 day 3 Where is you fire lit, made me finally GIVE IT UP!!! PRAISE GOD!! as soon as I did that, I was back to food being a non-issue. Why is it so hard to let it go??? When I do give up control, everything is so much easier. Eating becomes more of a bother, than a all consuming desire.
Kellie I think I've been experiencing the same thing. Trying to manipulate my weight loss. I think the world makes us feel like we are supposed to be in such control with diets that it is so easy to slip back into that mindset without even realizing it. It really is so much easier when we let Him take the reigns.

I have a problem sometimes of being regular. I got up this morning and it was like the Lord gave me an interesting mixture to eat for breakfast. I love oatmeal, but it has become too much and feels too heavy. I had bought some lowfat cream cheese that I need to use. So had decided to have toast with cream cheese instead of butter and then add peanut butter to it. As I was making the toast it came to me out of the blue to add a Tbls of flaxseed meal, cinnamon and a touch of honey to mix. Cinnamon is good for keeping blood sugar down. My toast is the 40 calorie wheat bread with 5 grams of fiber. So ln just a matter of moments I had a nice not so heavy healthy breakfast that I believe God showed me to make this. It meets all my health issues, is quick and easy to make and it tastes pretty good.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #11  

Ryanne, I think you got your answer this is a go. So where are you in Kelli's Bible study?
Trish looks like Jesus wants to keep you around here for a while
Kelli, you were stressed about about something sounds like and you had no one to talk to , don't forget girl God put us together for a reason.Like, He is putting this thread together using Ryanne for a reason, so let's get
it moving!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #12  
Believe!

Talking As Far As The Bible Study Goes:

We could start anywhere. If you all want to just start over with one we could do that...I say we start tomorrow! This will be fun!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #13  

Woohoo, I'm in.

Trish you don't really have to do the Diet Bible study, I think I did BSF, a long time ago. Is that the study where they absolutely do not allow any discussion on religion??? So you are free from "Religion" and can fellowship in the Word. As I recall it was a good one. You could certainly use that because it would be different insights, and that is always a plus. In fact if you are feeling that way, it could be exactly what God wants...

This is so cool because this is what I envisioned, to do the study in a group setting. I have grown to love all you ladies so much, your the best. I love this whole section of the forum. The encourages are just that. Non-judgmental, loving and supportive, and the prayer group is the best too. It's so comforting knowing you can run to twenty or thirty people and ask for prayer. You just feel so supported.

So for those of us who want to do the study, we could start at the beginning. Trish you could just tell us what insites you have gained with BSF so far!

Also... about the diet portion of it... I really think you have to do what is best for you, as long as we don't become fixated and guilty for not following rules exactly... for me that was the key, to let myself make mistakes. I know right now I could go up and eat an ice cream, but I seriously have no interest. I usually don't like to do this, because it trips me up (think about what I have eaten) but It's 5:32 and today I have had two cups of black coffee, a dollar hamburger at McDonalds with ice water and about a cup of mashed potatoes with gravy. and a glass of milk. When I give up control it's soooooo scary just to trust that I won't go insane and eat everything in site, but when you know you can, it just loses it's appeal...

This is how I want it to be, like it was before I started dieting. When I ate to eat, not for comfort because I was feeling sad, or whatever... I want that freedom for the rest of my life. I am soooo tired of worrying about it. But I want it so much. I guess I think God wouldn't let me have what I so desire, but He says He will. He will give us the desire of our hearts!!!

Love, Kelli
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

May your new thread be blessed!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #15  

Thank you Gary, you are a blessing!!!