General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default SUGARBUSTERS SUPPORT THREAD - October

This thread is for those who follow Sugarbusters, or other GI plan diets. If you follow this kind of plan, please join us!

"Every journey in life begins with a single hop!" Kermit the Frog

Lets all HOP TO IT!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  

Good morning! I had a quiet evening, and I think I will go get my hair cut this morning. In a minute, I am going to wander down and make some coffee.

I hope some of the SB folks find their way over here...

Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  

I'm here I'm here..... Hope I can find this again....
Old 10-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Yeah!

I was hoping we would find a way that would work for everyone. ((Everybody))

Thanks Ellen.

We went to the store today so I have some good and some not so good stuff in the house. We hadn't eaten all day so we had a burger on the way home. What I'm trying to teach myself is just because we broke plan and had a burger doesn't mean that the next meal I eat can't be as close to OP as possible. Sometimes the food will be SB legal and then there will be times I want to break plan. The key I think is balance.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  

Today was almost good. LOL Hopefully next week I can get my treadmill fixed and going again. The belt has slid over and Steve needs to fix it. I'm trying to talk him into walking with me. I went grocery shopping Friday and got some wonderful honeycrisp apples. I have three really ripe bananas and I'm thinking of making some whole wheat banana bread with agave to eat.

Crystle- I'm with you about learning because you eat something not right you don't start overeating. I want to be able to have stuff not on sugar busters once in awhile.

Ellen- You're a rock. Thank you so much for leading us the right way. I was so upset. I feel bad about all those recipes going to waste. I need to copy a bunch. Hows the eating going?

Its wonderful fall weather here. I just love it. Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #6  

Default Good morning

It is cloudy again this morning but not quite as cool as yesterday. Several things are starting to pop up in the garden. I'm not sure what's what until it get bigger because I didn't label the rows. Except for the turnips. They were the last thing I put in the other day and the first thing that sprouted so I know where they are.

Here is a tip from one of the newsletters I get:

Take A Crack At Good Nutrition
Recent research has uncovered some "eggs-traordinary" findings about eggs. The once frowned upon breakfast food is actually quite nutritious. In the past, eggs got a bad rap for being a cholesterol-rich food. However, the latest research suggests eating whole eggs may actually result in significant improvement in one's blood lipids. Eggs contain a wide array of essential vitamins and minerals and supply high-quality protein, carbohydrates and fat. A single egg provides approximately 5.5 grams of protein. In addition to their wonderful nutritional content, eggs have been shown to aid in weight loss.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #7  

Hello, everyone! Just a quick note to say hello. Tom just got in from a hiking/camping trip and as soon as he shaves and showers, we need to head off to church.

I had a lazy weekend. I did get my hair cut...getting used to it still. It was past my shoulders and now is about ear level!

With Tom gone, I ate so so. I had leftovers, which were fine. I went to a birthday party last night, and ate before I went, intending to skip the food. I thought it would be snacky stuff. It was a catered dinner! :O I ate very little, but all good stuff...so I think I was ok! Thankfully what I ate before I went was not too much...a stir fry chicken and veggies and I did not eat the brown rice.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies, glad we all found our new home. I'm like Toni, sure hope I can find it again. I added it to my favorties. Lets all get a new resolve to go along with our new home.

I am trying to start with a new resolve today. Even though I have 3 events this week which will be very hard to be OP. I will do my best and if not, at least do some protion control. I did get up and go to the gym this morning.

Crystle, I always said what you said about eating off plan and getting right back on plan is the key. I just wish I could learn it. If you look at overweight people, they normally eat poorly all 3 meals. Thin people eat normal and small amounts and if a situation arises, deals with it and goes right back to their normal eating. I always thought it was a license to continue and start again on Monday. I want to learn to do that. OK promise us that you will stay away from that "bad" stuff you have in the house. Before you eat it, come here and make a post. Then decide if you really want it.

Toni, You really need to get Steve to walk with you. You have such a lovely place to walk. My DH is not a talker and we used to walk every night and even though we didn't talk the entire time, we talked more than when he sits in front of the TV and it was "OUR" time together. I really miss it and hope we can do it again if I ever get this boot off.

Ellen, thanks for finding us a new home. We are creatures of habit you know. Maybe you can show us your new haircut.You were smart to eat before you went to the party. I wish I could do that.

OK better get some work done. I had such a great weekend with my DD and GS. He is actually coming by the office today and I will keep him while she goes to lunch to interview a new employee for their business. I can't wait. Have a great day and let's remember we are all in this together and can help each other.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #9  

Hello, Ladies! I went to the aquatic center today and tried the water aerobics class they have in the mornings. I enjoyed it! I plan to go back a good deal. They charge residents $2 a class. You can't beat that! For $2 you can go swim all day when the pools are open. I may go water jog some days.

My son started a new job this morning. I am anxious to hear how it went.

I am making a huge batch of tamales for the church's women's retreat. One of the ladies is going to come help me on Wednesday. Tomorrow I am trying out a new recipe for mole sauce to go with it. Fun!

SOLLY: Enjoy the baby!

TONI: Tom and I walk together a good bit on the weekends. Its very nice. I have his undivided attention for a few minutes at least.

I think I need a short nap...
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #10  

Smile Good afternoon

Robert made an orange cake with chocolate frosting yesterday and I did indulge in a small piece. It really was small, promise. The garden is starting to grow so I"m holding out hope it will get high enough before the really cold weather gets here.

Even though potatoes aren't OP plan I think today's tip is still a good one.

Guiltless Side-Dishes That Won't Destroy Your Diet
Believe it or not, it's easy to eat healthy just about anywhere. The hard part is making the right choices. One way to save big on fat and calories is to learn how to choose healthier sides. Instead of French fries, order a plain baked potato. Add a little ketchup and mustard or some salsa, and you've got yourself a much healthier and lighter alternative. You can also substitute a side salad for any side. Ask for the dressing on the side or order a low-fat dressing, and you'll end up eating more veggies and filling yourself up without filling yourself out.

Ellen...there is no way I could stay out of homemade tamales.

Solly...Good luck with all your events this week.

Toni...hope you are feeling better.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #11  

Had to get up super early to go to the dentist. He's an hour away. So I got home and took a big nap after eating a breakfast of two sausage links, 1 egg and a piece of wwheat toast. Snack today was almonds and a sliced apple. I'm getting ready for dinner soon. My tummy is growling and it can feel some chicken coming its way. I'm feeling better everyday. Hopefully Steve will fix my treadmill tomorrow and I can begin walking again.

Ellen- I hope the job works out for your son. Will he have to travel on this one? Tamales sound wonderful. I wish I was there to help so I could learn how to make them. I've heard they're allot of work.

Solly- Now you know you're spoiling that grandson!!!! My favorite thing to do. Steve isn't a talker either but I would love to walk with him. Hopefully soon I can get him going. My gosh I can't believe you've still got that boot on. How much longer? We can do this Solly, we've done it before. I guess just take one meal at a time.

Crystle- Oh boy I hope your garden does well. I like the tips your posting. Is it still pretty warm there? Are you walking anymore with your son. I love fall and dread winter.

Off to fix my chicken. Cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil with Cajun seasoning on it. Maybe some sliced tomatoes and another veggie with it.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #12  

Default Good morning

I really would like to throw the scales out of the window....gain two pounds one day...gain two pounds the next day. It's unreal. Oh well, we can't let the scales dictate how we are going to do right? I did get a walk in yesterday. The first half by myself and then my son caught up with me. We saw a king snake. At first I thought it was a coral snake but I sang the little song and knew it was safe but I still didn't take any chances and get close. I called my older son out to see it but it ran away before he could.

Today is hot and muggy. It's already warmer this morning than it got yesterday. A front is suppose to come through later in the week and knock us back into the 80's.

Toni...I'm so glad you are feeling better.

((Everybody)) Be healhty, be encouraged and be the best you you can be.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies! I have finished one batch of tamales. I know corn is not legal on SB, but since I can't have gluten- which is in wheat, spelt, even oatmeal- I have to be able to have something! Rice (brown of course!) is ok, but it raises my blood sugar pretty badly. Corn doesn't. (we are all different!) I made a mole' sauce to put on the tamales, and tried one for lunch. Oh, MY! Heaven!

TONI: This job my son has is in a call center as a help desk person. He is good at it, and has a lot of experience too. So no travel! Tamales are not hard..just time consuming. Can you get the corn husks? I can give you my recipe if you want to try them. Glad you are feeling better!

COUNTRY: I have some seeds started in one of those little peat pot green houses. One set is up...but I don't know if it is the parsley or the spinach! Our collards are not doing very well. What do you have planted for the fall?

SOLLY: How are you doing?

Off to check on the steamer!

Last edited by Ellen; 10-06-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #14  

We had a big storm this morning early. Lots of thunder and lighting. Got my lady here cleaning and I'm so glad. The house needed it bad. Eating so far has been good.

Crystle- Sorry the scale is giving you fits.... I can't get on mine to often or I want to scream at it. Thats so good you got a walk. But oh my gosh I do hate those snakes.

Ellen- Oh boy the tamales sound wonderful. I don't blame you for trying them. I think I've seen the husks at super WAl Mart. Thats good James isn't having to travel.

Hey Solly!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I see we've moved into the SHACK OUT BACK...I hate this has happened, but I understand why Suzanne had to do it. We used to have the most visited place on the whole board! It's good to still have spot though.

My computer crashed and I had to get a new one. I HATE VISTA!! This programs won't let ME do what I want. It won't save passwords, I can't get into any of my favorite game places. Won't let me download Java...NADA!! I get a free upgrade of Windows 7 at the end of the month and I'm hoping it will solve a few things. I'm such a creature of habit...I hate change!! Those of you who have my email address, please send me a note so I can get your addresses back in my mail box.

Kate is about the same. One day she's perky, next day she sleeps all day.We were supposed to go to the Dr yesterday, but they called and changed the appointment. When she found out that she didn't have to go, she had me at RED LOBSTER when they opened the doors to get her some shrimp! I don't care where I have to go as long as she eats. I made a chicken casserole for tonight and I've got my fingers crossed that she eats. She had three shrimp today for lunch and that was it.
TIPPY is keeping watch on her...usually, she's with me where ever I am in the house, but I know she senses something isn't quite right. Between the Home Health Nurse and myself, we narrowed down the medicine culprit that's taking her appetite. The two meds they started her on to slow her heart rate down do the same thing, but the culprit not only made her not hungry, but the two of them have now slowed the rate too much. I took her off of it over the weekend and am monitoring.

Still not working, but can't even go look with her like this. I love being at home, but am feeling quite tied down.

BOB
Closed Thread